• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I'm not a legal scholar, and I sure didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night either! But could negligent homicide be applied?
    I didnt see NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE listed, but this was:

30-2-5. Excusable homicide.
    Homicide is excusable in the following cases:
    A. when committed by accident or misfortune in doing any lawful act, by lawful means, with usual and ordinary caution and without any unlawful intent; or
    B. when committed by accident or misfortune in the heat of passion, upon any sudden and sufficient provocation, or upon a sudden combat, if no undue advantage is taken, nor any dangerous weapon used and the killing is not done in a cruel or unusual manner.

And

30-2-8. When homicide is excusable or justifiable defendant to be acquitted.
    Whenever any person is prosecuted for a homicide, and upon his trial the killing shall be found to have been excusable or justifiable, the jury shall find such person not guilty and he shall be discharged.

I think the widely varied practices in the movie industry regarding terms and handling of "hot" guns and "cold" gums etc would make it exceedingly difficult for a prosecutor to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt.

My non-lawyer opinion of course...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    @cycleguy2300

This is what I was basing this on

Universal Citation: NM Stat § 30-2-3 (1996 through 1st Sess 50th Legis)

30-2-3. Manslaughter.

Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice.

A. Voluntary manslaughter consists of manslaughter committed upon a sudden quarrel or in the heat of passion.

Whoever commits voluntary manslaughter is guilty of a third degree felony resulting in the death of a human being.

B. Involuntary manslaughter consists of manslaughter committed in the commission of an unlawful act not amounting to felony, or in the commission of a lawful act which might produce death in an unlawful manner or without due caution and circumspection.

The bold, italic, red text.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    @cycleguy2300

This is what I was basing this on

The bold, italic, red text.
    Ah, I see what you're getting at.

Depends on what NM courts think due caution is. I think with the excusable homicide statute it would be tough for an attorney to prove beyond a reasonable doubt Baldwin didn't exercise due caution if his Arms Master OK'd what he was doing or a director said for it to be done. We shall see.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    I saw last night that the incident has been ruled an "accident" and no charges will be brought. Is this true? Oy vey.

And several nauseating clips of Baldwin standing in the street and proclaiming his virtue and wanting to be a SJW for change in Hollyweird... less guns in movies, better safety standards, etc.

He not only comes out smelling like a rose, but his feet have been washed with rose water.

Color me unsurprised.

where’d you see this?

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Ah, I see what you're getting at.

Depends on what NM courts think due caution is. I think with the excusable homicide statute it would be tough for an attorney to prove beyond a reasonable doubt Baldwin didn't exercise due caution if his Arms Master OK'd what he was doing or a director said for it to be done. We shall see.

Totality of circumstances. Due to the number of negligent discharges of some type on the set and among other factors whether not the safety plan was being followed, a good prosecutor could connect the dots.

I still don’t think they charges will be filed.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Asshole Baldwin and his non-hispanic wife were caught on camera talking to the media. This guy is an idiot, totally trying to spin this tragedy away from him by using the press. And notice how the douchebag treats his wife. Good analysis by the guy hosting the video clip.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Yes, did you think I meant of full blown official press statement?

I thought you meant it was an accident and no charges will be brought.

Since you actually wrote "I saw last night that the incident has been ruled an "accident" and no charges will be brought."

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I thought you meant it was an accident and no charges will be brought.

Since you actually wrote "I saw last night that the incident has been ruled an "accident" and no charges will be brought." "Is this true?" (emphasis mine - bb)

No prob. I thought you were referring to my inclusion of the Breitbart link to his interview in a later post of mine in reply to @tonelar. My reference to the pathetic interview AB gave was to show what an dick he continues to be by NOW declaring he is going to be for less guns in Hollyweird movies, more safety rules, etc.

That is not where I read it was ruled an accident, I think it was on another gun forum, which is why I asked "Is this true?" You only quoted part of the statement I made in the opening paragraph of post #492. :( :spank: And so far nobody has answered that question. That said, a DDG search does not confirm any recent ruling or decision.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    That is not where I read it was ruled an accident, I think it was on another gun forum, which is why I asked "Is this true?" You only quoted part of the statement I made.

Like @tonelar, I was interested in where you saw the report. I didnt think it was true, but wanted to see the report you saw before stating it was not true as I had thought.

So in responding to @tonelar question where? You wrote "There were video clips of him giving an interview, while standing in the street,"

Which is not where you could have seen it, since that was just Baldwin playing the victim.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Like @tonelar, I was interested in where you saw the report. I didnt think it was true, but wanted to see the report you saw before stating it was not true as I had thought.

So in responding to @tonelar question where? You wrote "There were video clips of him giving an interview, while standing in the street,"

Which is not where you could have seen it, since that was just Baldwin playing the victim.

Yeah well, pronoun trap, I thought @tonelar's question referred to the vids I mentioned. I hate pronoun use... even my own.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Some good bullet points in this:
    They need to be careful about:
    there exists a series of safety rules for their responsible operation. These rules are well established and widely recognized—and there are only four of them.
    Why?
    • There are 4 rules only if you're learning from someone who can trace the source of their curriculum back to Col. Cooper.
    • The official NRA materials (and, like it or not, the basic NRA Instructor courses are the foundational certs that anyone making money with firearms safety needs, the ones that every organization, private and public, recognizes) have 3 primary rules and another 7 secondary rules.
    • The film industry has their own varying sets of rules that supposedly follow the 3 or 4 or 10 established rules but, critically, divide the responsibility for following those rules amongst different people.
    • It is demonstrably true that for certain use cases (e.g., pure, traditional target shooting as practiced at the Olympics) at least 1 or 2 of the 3 or 4 or 10 rules do not apply and/or are not the responsibility of the person shooting the firearm.
    Once the lawyers start arguing this, there's gonna be a lot of confusion.

From the current, official NRA training materials:

Screenshot from 2021-11-01 16-29-39.png

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom