• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is the ideal AR weight for practical/general use?

• Under 4lb

Votes: 3 6.3%
    • 4lb to 5lb

Votes: 4 8.3%
    • 5lb to 6lb

Votes: 11 22.9%
    • 6lb to 7lb

Votes: 17 35.4%
    • 7lb to 8lb

Votes: 9 18.8%
    • over 8lbs

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Sure, if you don't actually know how ar's work
    I know exactly how they work.

How am I wrong?

Do ARs not spit hot dirty gases right back into the chamber and bolt carrier?

Plus if you look at my comment it was directed toward the comment that they are a sealed system.
    Texas SOT

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I know exactly how they work.

How am I wrong?

Do ARs not spit hot dirty gases right back into the chamber and bolt carrier?

Plus if you look at my comment it was directed toward the comment that they are a sealed system.

They do not "spit hot dirty gases right back" they flow through the gas key, into the expansion chamber, and out through the ejection port. Some gets into the action, but the AR10/15 has very small bearing surfaces. Loot at any well used bolt carrier, the rails where it contacts the upper, and the tail end where it contacts the buffer weight will be the only spots the finish is worn off, because those are the only areas where the carrier contacts something else

The AR10/15 is not DI. If we were talking about early french semi's, or AG42's, you'd have a point.

The AR10/15 is about as sealed as you can get without going to extremes like the FS2000.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    They do not "spit hot dirty gases right back" they flow through the gas key, into the expansion chamber, and out through the ejection port. Some gets into the action, but the AR10/15 has very small bearing surfaces. Loot at any well used bolt carrier, the rails where it contacts the upper, and the tail end where it contacts the buffer weight will be the only spots the finish is worn off, because those are the only areas where the carrier contacts something else

The AR10/15 is not DI. If we were talking about early french semi's, or AG42's, you'd have a point.

The AR10/15 is about as sealed as you can get without going to extremes like the FS2000.
    Church it up all you want but they shit where they eat. That's how they operate.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    This thread is pure trash. Pics. Get em posted.

W8psrFI.jpg

d5lneTa.jpg

gWzkGkJ.jpg

Attachments

• W8psrFI.jpg
      W8psrFI.jpg
      979.6 KB · Views: 295
    • d5lneTa.jpg
      d5lneTa.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 297
    • gWzkGkJ.jpg
      gWzkGkJ.jpg
      796.7 KB · Views: 293

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Franken-gun - Spike's lower, S&W LPK, PSA 11.5" upper with an MI rail. KAK brace & buffer tube, Magpul MBUS sights (came with the upper) and a Strikefire II optic. Don't ask how she runs yet because I just finished it as our state went into lock down.

ETA: - The weight shown in the pix above is with both of those magazines loaded with 55 grain ammo - Hornady FTX in one mag, Winchester Silver Tip .223 in the other.

Top Bottom