• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    I see the TGT border patrol got on to you early and often . . . anything you say can and will be used against you, ad nauseam. :facepalm: :laughing:

The BOS is widely frowned upon here but most certainly your option. If you require one and don't include that in your ad, expect to be ostracized.

It's a great forum with a ton of smart asses and generous people, give it some time . . .

:welcome:
    “the TGT border patrol “
    Now that’s funny !

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Thanks for the welcome. I didn't know it was some big faux pas to bring up buy/sell/trade. I'm pretty simple, I live in TX so it'd be nice to be a part of the culture, I might have some smoking deals, I am firmly behind my constitutional rights, I'm not really looking for an extended family since I have enough of that, I just want to shoot and learn how to be a better shot. If TGT is a place for a normal ass working citizen then this might be a good fit. If TGT is some place for gun snobs to troll or look down on people who don't know the best tacticool gear, maybe not such a good fit.
    Welcome!

Right or wrong, I'm always interested in people's thoughts on the matter of firearms and politics. TGT has been a great place to vent my thoughts on those matters. I like reading the conversations of those that have diverse backgrounds, I can't learn anything in an echo chamber. The people I have met here are pretty much good people, even the gun snobs. The trolls don't last long.

Tank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    Houston
    Up front and straightforward with intentions, rather have that than alternative motives...welcome OP!

As I am not a huge seller, why not utilize a BOS? My thoughts are if buy an arm with a history of misuse (say murder or something) and for some reason the authorities get hold of it, I have a record of date that I purchased it with a BOS.

Alternatively, giving out sensitive information to someone I am buying or selling from kind of hits a bad cord. Not sure what they could or would do with it.

Now you guys got me thinking more about it...

Catch 22?

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Up front and straightforward with intentions, rather have that than alternative motives...welcome OP!

As I am not a huge seller, why not utilize a BOS? My thoughts are if buy an arm with a history of misuse (say murder or something) and for some reason the authorities get hold of it, I have a record of date that I purchased it with a BOS.

Alternatively, giving out sensitive information to someone I am buying or selling from kind of hits a bad cord. Not sure what they could or would do with it.

Catch 22?
    Identity theft

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Catch 22?
    Sell a gun and keep a BOS and you could very well find yourself listed as “defendant” in a federal prosecution.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Hello Community,

I'm mostly looking to buy, trade, or sell items here. I'm sure most of the members have a lot more experience and knowledge of firearms than I do.
    Welcome!

This is much more than a classifieds, but do your trucking and get to know the folks here. A lot of us know each other in person.

Some guys are a bit crusty, but they are no less awesome.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Well, since I have been away this week, there are a couple of more additions to Casa de Hoji.

Some repugnant dickhead threw three little dogs away. One didn’t make it( car got him) but the other two are doing well. Will post a thread ranting about worthless dickheads that throw away animals when I get home.

Oh, and by the way;

ro'naQ Dalegh
    Couldn't help myself.
    Hope y'all doin good.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX

Catch 22?
    Caught for 22? That's more years than I want to spend in the poky for thinking I was right.
    Plenty of BOS discussion on this site, often started by benign comments like yours. Those threads can get ugly so you'll have to decide what info is useful and/or valid.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Catch 22?
    Google people convicted of selling arms without an FFL because of a BOS!

Quimico

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2022
    Sugar Land
    Caught for 22? That's more years than I want to spend in the poky for thinking I was right.
    Plenty of BOS discussion on this site, often started by benign comments like yours. Those threads can get ugly so you'll have to decide what info is useful and/or valid.
    I didn't realize is was such a sensitive issue! I've just become a very CYA kind of person. I guess the thing that's nice about a transaction is that either party can exit if they don't like the terms. If I do end up selling some stuff I'll make sure to be very clear about the terms. If people don't like the terms they can step away or vice versa.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I didn't realize is was such a sensitive issue! I've just become a very CYA kind of person. I guess the thing that's nice about a transaction is that either party can exit if they don't like the terms. If I do end up selling some stuff I'll make sure to be very clear about the terms. If people don't like the terms they can step away or vice versa.
    Plainly state terms in a listing. Then there is no confusion at the last minute for either party.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I didn't realize is was such a sensitive issue! I've just become a very CYA kind of person.
    You're contemplating different opinions and that is all I'm encouraging.

I guess the thing that's nice about a transaction is that either party can exit if they don't like the terms. If I do end up selling some stuff I'll make sure to be very clear about the terms. If people don't like the terms they can step away or vice versa.
    Be upfront, it's really pretty simple. :)

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

A bill of sale creates a record of a transaction. ATF has on more than occasion used that record of transaction to convict people for dealing without a license.

I’m going to assume if you’re asking for a BOS then you are dealing without a license and that’s not something I’m going get involved with.

Top Bottom