• Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Hows the action on that thing?

Covered in cosmoline :D

I'm not familiar with the houstongunforum store...did you call and ask what they had in stock or just go by and handpick? How much did that Tula cost? You're making me want to grab one to mess around with. I've been trying to hold out on buying anything else until I get a look at what's going to be in the gun collection at this estate sale coming up but its been difficult.

Ryan, the admin at TexasGunForum owns the store. He has very limited amounts of nagants, about 3 Tula's maybe, round receivers. The only other hex he has is an Ihzvesk.

I called him wanting to FFL transfer a hex from AimSurplus to his shop. He has very well priced FFL transfer rates. Jim Pruett's was asking $50 for FFL transfers, and Fountain Firearms wanted $85! Hell no, I wasn't willing to pay that, so I called Ryan last (as he is furthest away from where I live), and he was doing it for a great price. I told him I wanted to FFL over a mosin, and he told me he has a few in stock.

His shop is at Steubner Airline, which is far as hell for me. I paid... $143 for it, and it came with a bayonet, sling, mag pouch, tool kit, and everything. Not sure if he has anymore bayonets left though.
    Venture Surplus ad

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    $50 for a transfer!?! What an ass. I have a guy literally 4 minutes away from the house that will do transfers for $10

Willisrad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Buds gun shop online is selling 91/30s for $109 shipped right now.

The recent reviews make this batch sound pretty solid.

I ordered mine, waiting to see what it looks like when it comes in!

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Mmmm fitting bayonet...

scaled.php

Picked up some ammo from a member here

scaled.php

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land

Nice! Love the wear on the mag!

And one thing about the action that I hate is that this one has rough swirly machining marks on the part of the bolt that the trigger stuff slides on, son it makes a gritty zip perish sound and holds a tiny bit. Ill post pics tomorrow. I'd love to smoothen it out but I want to leave the gun as is, looks like the bolt has Tula and ihzvesk parts on it.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    This is what I'm talking about. I don't think it was like this on my last Mosin, all those loopy ass marks on the guide rod/conmector that probably scratch whatever the hell its sliding on.

IMAG0627.jpg

IMAG0628-2.jpg

brnmuenchow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    San Antonio
    "Mosinitis" happens and it is just part of life, everyone has to deal with it and face the issue... just remember you are not alone.
    signed: Fellow "
    Mosinitis
    " Anonymous member.

ThePsychologist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Rocky Point , Texas
    Supposedly there is a pawn shop in Austin that has a very nice Mosin Nagant M91/59 for $300 but I forgot the name of the pawn shop and I can't remember who told me about it. But I do remember that the same pawn shop has a Portugese Mauser also.

Top Bottom