• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Found the new, new post button, like it out in the open. Thanks for making the page less brite, even some more would be nice. I lowered the brightness on my machine, but now have to lighten thing up on other sites. So far this is a good experience. Thanks again for your efforts.
    Target Sports

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Is there any way we can make it keep us logged in between visits? And before anyone asks, yes i checked the keep me logged in part.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Is there any way we can make it keep us logged in between visits? And before anyone asks, yes i checked the keep me logged in part.

My desktop has been keeping me logged in after I checked the box except for today. After I cleared my cache I was no longer logged in.

I am in other forums that keep me logged in even after I clear my cache.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Suggestion to all in this thread - when you post, please state what device your question pertains to. It appears there are differences between how the SW works on different devices and it all starts getting confusing unless we know what device you are talking about. For example, I only use a desktop PC, so I don't need to be reading to posts or replying about other devices.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    My desktop has been keeping me logged in after I checked the box except for today. After I cleared my cache I was no longer logged in.

I am in other forums that keep me logged in even after I clear my cache.

Most likely your browser doing that. Most browsers will allow you to designate which sites's caches are not cleared when you do a blanket clearing of the cache. Check your browser settings, but may be hard to find, usually an "advanced setting".

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Due to the addition of the new posts button, it caused me/us to have to log in again last night.
    Are you still having to log in when you come back?

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I have to log in each time on the desktop, but credentials are stored so it's not that bad. Because of the challenges of the format on the mobile and tablet, I'm going to take a break from those while things shake out.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I don't believe there was a "new posts" button on the desktop version until last nights addition.

It was within the drop down sub-menu for the FORUMS button, but now that whole drop down is gone and the NEW POSTS button is on the line of buttons below the FORUMS button once you click on FORUMS.

If you log on and go the the HOME page first instead of the FORUMS page as I do, you will also find a NEW POSTS button there as well in the same location is it is on the FORUMS page.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It was within the drop down sub-menu for the FORUMS button, but now that whole drop down is gone and the NEW POSTS button is on the line of buttons below the FORUMS button once you click on FORUMS.
    I thought you were asking about the desktop version.
    There was always two ways to see new posts on the mobile version before the latest line up was changed.
    But there was only one true button to view new posts.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I have to log in each time on the desktop, but credentials are stored so it's not that bad. Because of the challenges of the format on the mobile and tablet, I'm going to take a break from those while things shake out.

Doesn't your desktop keyboard have some hot keys that take to a preset location on the web? I have one of my hot keys programmed to take me directly to the FORUMS page - press it and I am there.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Just to clarify, when I say desktop, I am referring to desktop version on my mobile phone.
    I have yet to access the new version on my actual desktop.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    When I was in the desktop version on my phone, the new posts button was not visible to me.

Are you referring to hovering over the home button with the mouse, then going down to new posts, or were you seeing an actual button like I am talking about?

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Additionally said:
    Look under the + sign ... a quote feature that adds two open and close html tags is there, but not as handy as the old site's ability to chose multiple posts to quote.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Are you referring to hovering over the home button with the mouse, then going down to new posts, or were you seeing an actual button like I am talking about?
    See post #250 where I said the drop down was gone, at least is is for me using a desktop PC.

TRIXXTERR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Bertram,Tx Burnet,Tx
    Is this the complaint post topic too. I get updating and all. but, why go from what looks great, to what looks cheap, and made for preschoolers. Seems that ALL, the car/truck forums I'm on have gone to this same look. to me its just, really cheesy. Although its purely a aesthetic visual one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom