Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I seem to be unable to insert a .gif.
    Not doing anything different from the previous version, is there something I need to be doing different now?

Also, I don't see how to preview a post prior to posting it.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    So what has replaced the usercp link that would show your subscribed threads with unread posts? This was the old link: https://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/usercp.php

Had a shortcut to that link on my desktop as it was my preferred way to open the forum.

Appears that the FORUM button menu, "Watched Threads" will do pretty much the same thing. AAMOF, I just replaced the url in the old desktop shortcut with the following and it does the trick:

https://www.texasguntalk.com/watched/threads

Also, you make it so that when you click on a thread it automatically jumps to the first unread post?

Mine seems to be doing that already, but it might be browser related?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    So what has replaced the usercp link that would show your subscribed threads with unread posts? This was the old link: https://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/usercp.php
    I think I've answered my own question. This shows "Watched" threads: https://www.texasguntalk.com/watched/threads

One issue that was confusing me at first was that the forum was displaying things as old as May 4th as unread. Except this thread... I just noticed there is like 11 pages of unread posts here that don't show unread.

Anyways, I used the "mark forums read" button on the Forums dropdown to give it a fresh start. Apologies to anyone who might have replied to me in a thread as I'll never see it now, lol...

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Thanks, but if I have to get to it in edit mode, you can see that it is too late.

Any new post starts in "edit" mode in the text editor box, so the PREVIEW button should show up below the text box you're typing in for a new post ... at least it does here. Then again, I'm using Chrome, and these things may change according to how the the browser handles the underlying code/html. Standards aren't so "standard" anymore.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Mine seems to be doing that already, but it might be browser related?
    Mine is doing that now as well. I think when I marked everything as read it "fixed" something...

Now I'm looking for a way to change the color scheme. What we currently have is giving me a headache for some reason :P

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I seem to be unable to insert a .gif.
    Not doing anything different from the previous version, is there something I need to be doing different now?

Also, I don't see how to preview a post prior to posting it.
    What site are you getting the gifs from. I've noticed on some sites that happens to me. On some sites the gifs are linked to another site and I have to click on the gif and go to the original site and hotlink it from there. Hope you understand what I'm trying to convey.

BTW, when I replied to one of the threads of yours where the gif did not show up, the gif appeared in the QUOTE but disappeared when I clicked POST REPLY.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Gotta be a way to cancel a post?. Leave the page, and/or close the browser and reopen, and the post you decided not to pull the trigger on follows you around like a grey ghost.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    What site are you getting the gifs from. I've noticed on some sites that happens to me. On some sites the gifs are linked to another site and I have to click on the gif and go to the original site and hotlink it from there. Hope you understand what I'm trying to convey.

BTW, when I replied to one of the threads of yours where the gif did not show up, the gif appeared in the QUOTE but disappeared when I clicked POST REPLY.
    That's what I was saying, when I went to edit it, it showed up fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom