Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thanks for all the hard work.

Be nice to not deal with extreme lag, hacks, inability to reset passwords, etc.

I think many are forgetting all the issues that were recurring under Vbulletin. Bet in a couple weeks the advantages of switching will be clear. Just got get through the initial setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    1) I get that the design is not as most are used to. Sorry.
    Nothing to be sorry about. Ya gotta use it to get used to it. And the more I use it the more I like it. My old eyes especially appreciate the larger font on everything.

2) The new nav menu will be up soon. I will have the buttons most seem to be missing.
    Thanks, that is good news. I think you are doing a great job!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Thanks for all the hard work.

Be nice to not deal with extreme lag, hacks, inability to reset passwords, etc.

I think many are forgetting all the issues that were recurring under Vbulletin. Bet in a couple weeks the advantages of switching will be clear. Just got get through the initial setup.

This!

Site is noticeable faster than before.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    People are often very averse to change, until they are forced to adapt to it. More often than not, they end up happier they 'suffered' through and learned the new shtick. Deal with it all the time at work, we piss people off with new releases of software they a month later can't live without :)

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    So...no more "show new posts" button?

dang, I guess maybe a 20th time will be the charm here, a custom menu will be added soon. Likely tomorrow. It normally will have rent posts in it, search forums, this is common with the base xenforo theme you get. The theme we used knocks it out so we will add it custom. Hope that clarifies things, he will also fix some other items I have added on the list as well. Thanks again for everyone for your patience...

I also agree with some of the others, this site is much faster! With my slow rural internet it's now quick.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    So...no more "show new posts" button?

Depends on whether you are on a desktop, or mobile.
    If mobile, see post #173.
    If desktop, you are currently SOL.

Not quite accurate - there is a new posts link but it is buried in the drop down menu of the FORUMS button. And it works.

As a work around until texcross gets a proper NEW POSTS button, which he has said he will do, I used the drop down new posts link to get to the NEW POSTS page and simply assigned it to the hot key I use to open the site on my PC. So every time I open this site, it opens on the NEW POSTS page, which you have to refresh with the NEW POSTS button on that page.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Not quite accurate - there is a new posts link but it is buried in the drop down menu of the FORUMS button. And it works.

As a work around until texcross gets a proper NEW POSTS button, which he has said he will do, I used the drop down new posts link to get to the NEW POSTS page and simply assigned it to the hot key I use to open the site on my PC. So every time I open this site, it opens on the NEW POSTS page, which you have to refresh with the NEW POSTS button on that page.

Correct, it took me a while to find it; but as AustinN4 stated if you hover your cursor over the 'Forum' button at top there is a downward facing arrow that includes a 'New Posts' option at the bottom...

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I can't find the new posts button if there is one. I always check for new posts since I last logged on. There is a recent threads thing but it only has six threads showing.

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    I can't find the new posts button if there is one. I always check for new posts since I last logged on. There is a recent threads thing but it only has six threads showing.

Look under the FORUM navbar item there is a dropdown. we will customize it soon and them directly on it.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Of course, if on a phone or tablet, this won't work.
    I have yet to try to access via an actual computer as of the change.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That's because you've seen them, lol. They ain't new to you.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    After posting, how long does it take for a member's post to show up in "new posts"? I have posted in several threads and a few minutes later checked the "new posts" thingy and none of mine show up.
    You will not see anything until someone else posts.
    Your post is not new to you.

ETA: I was a little late, lol.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    After posting, how long does it take for a member's post to show up in "new posts"? I have posted in several threads and a few minutes later checked the "new posts" thingy and none of mine show up.
    Because they're not "new to you".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom