• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    What did the deceased do wrong?
    Who pulled the trigger?

Sorry guys. That's how I see it.
    Anyway, money talks.
    She'll probably walk out of the courthouse without handcuffs.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    He might not have been bleeding much. I made a shooting once where the victim was down and could not move his legs, he was in deep shock. While waiting for the paramedics we could not find the entry wound. It was just below his belt line and the wound closed in on itself.

He ended up being a paraplegic.

I got a better one for you. Girlfriend caught him in the act, shoved her Rohm 22 up his ass and emptied it. No entry wound and no exit wound. She wasn't talking nor the one on the bottom. He was dead. Took the ME to tell us how.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    What did the deceased do wrong?
    Who pulled the trigger?

Sorry guys. That's how I see it.
    Anyway, money talks.
    She'll probably walk out of the courthouse without handcuffs.
    I'm in the same boat. Getting away with killing an innocent person, no matter what she may have believed, sets a bad precedence.

I may believe I'm driving on the right side of the road, but if I kill someone while driving on the wrong side, I'm negligent and responsible.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    She wasn't driving on the wrong side of the road. That would rise to the level of manslaughter. She went to the wrong apartment by mistake. The Defense establish it was a common problem in the complex for people to go to a wrong apartment when they had witnesses testified they had made the same mistake or had strangers walk into their apartments by mistake. And more importantly, Botham's door or door lock was defective and wouldn't always secure the door to his apartment. That was an unfortunate element introduced into series of unfortunate events and which she had no control over. If the door lock had worked properly, Botham would be alive. She walks or gets negligent homicide. If not this trial, then on appeal.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    She wasn't driving on the wrong side of the road. That would rise to the level of manslaughter. She went to the wrong apartment by mistake. The Defense establish it was a common problem in the complex for people to go to a wrong apartment when they had witnesses testified they had made the same mistake or had strangers walk into their apartments by mistake. And more importantly, Botham's door or door lock was defective and wouldn't always secure the door to his apartment. That was an unfortunate element introduced into series of unfortunate events and which she had no control over. If the door lock had worked properly, Botham would be alive. She walks or gets negligent homicide. If not this trial, then on appeal.
    I know she wasn't driving, that wasn't what I was saying. The lock not working makes it sound as if it's Botham's fault for being shot, which it wasn't. It's only her word of what conspired, but the problem remains that he wasn't guilty of anything, and didn't warrant being shot.

How many of the mistakenly walking into the wrong apartments involved shootings? Or involved a gun for that matter?

I have a hard time believing that his apartment even if it was fairly dark had the same furnishings in the same configuration as hers. If she could see him well enough she should be able to make out differences from her apartment. She was a police officer, she should have been trained in situational awareness.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Again no.

While it did not happen to me, my grandmother in nyc surprised a burglar in her home. He advanced on her, knocked her down and went running out the front door.

As I said, unarmed people are rarely a deadly threat.
    IIRC, there is a fairly good number of people "beaten to death by hands/feet" every year. It is one of the cause of death categories that is tracked by the CDC. And no, not just kids. Adults as well. The elderly and those with certain medical conditions are especially at risk.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    On the news last night, they showed the portion of the testimony where the prosecution got her to admit she knew she was using deadly force and she meant to kill him.

Her being in his apartment was a tragic mistake. Her killing him was a deliberate action. I think her defense depends on convincing the jury that her deadly force was justified based on the perceived immediate threat. Which may be tough because she admitted that she could’ve backed out of the apartment and used her police radio to call for backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I know she wasn't driving, that wasn't what I was saying. The lock not working makes it sound as if it's Botham's fault for being shot, which it wasn't. It's only her word of what conspired, but the problem remains that he wasn't guilty of anything, and didn't warrant being shot.
    No, it doesn't place blame on Jeans.

How many of the mistakenly walking into the wrong apartments involved shootings? Or involved a gun for that matter?

I have a hard time believing that his apartment even if it was fairly dark had the same furnishings in the same configuration as hers. If she could see him well enough she should be able to make out differences from her apartment. She was a police officer, she should have been trained in situational awareness.
    She explained that in her testimony. You should watch it.

While another member reports that he began this thinking not guilty and as he listens he has changed his mind, I am the opposite.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Apparently, the Texas Ranger will be testifying again today. This time for the defense. If he testifies that her actions against the perceived threat were reasonable, I could see a not guilty verdict being possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    the prosecution got her to admit she knew she was using deadly force and she meant to kill him.
    I watched part of her testimony and this was the one bit that truly shocked me. How poorly was she prepped that she actually said she meant to kill him? You shoot to stop a threat, not to kill. That question was a chance to make it clear to a jury that there was no murder in her heart, just fear. Instead, she came off as not just stupid but casually, unthinkingly malicious, too.

My sis summed it up as "Wow, she's way too stupid to be a cop!" I have to agree. She made multiple, compounding mistakes before, during, and immediately after the shooting. She made so many it beggars belief.

Now, after she's had months to consider her actions and how they were perceived, after she's had time to go over her testimony with legal experts, it's utterly gobsmacking that she's still continuing to make mistakes!

Just how stupid is she?

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    We caught the shooter. Was on parole at the time and I was subpoenaed to the revocation trial . The shooter was a well know scum bag we had run ins with.

The revoked him back to finish his 30+ year sentence.
    From reading the previous post, I got the impression that you had done the shooting. "I made a shooting" parses like that to me. I get what you are saying after this post though.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    From reading the previous post, I got the impression that you had done the shooting. "I made a shooting" parses like that to me. I get what you are saying after this post though.

Thanks for pointing that out. It has been years, and I still talk in cop talk sometimes. I should have used "responded to".

I slip back to cop talk even worse when I go back down and and converse with my old cop buddies, many who are still on the department. Meeting for lunch, I'll text "47" when I get there, which is short for signal 47, which means "arrived".

Dumb but I just can't help it

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I watched part of her testimony and this was the one bit that truly shocked me. How poorly was she prepped that she actually said she meant to kill him? You shoot to stop a threat, not to kill. That question was a chance to make it clear to a jury that there was no murder in her heart, just fear. Instead, she came off as not just stupid but casually, unthinkingly malicious, too.

My sis summed it up as "Wow, she's way too stupid to be a cop!" I have to agree. She made multiple, compounding mistakes before, during, and immediately after the shooting. She made so many it beggars belief.

Now, after she's had months to consider her actions and how they were perceived, after she's had time to go over her testimony with legal experts, it's utterly gobsmacking that she's still continuing to make mistakes!

Just how stupid is she?

I thought the same thing. I think those words are going to send her to prison.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I thought the same thing. I think those words are going to send her to prison.
    I saw that and figured she would reply that her sole intent was to stop him from advancing. My jaw hit the floor when she answered him. Of course, it is clear she is highly upset by her own actions. She realizes her decisions caused an innocent man's death. She was shook while testifying, and may not even realize what she was saying. She seemed intimidated by the prosecutor

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    IIRC, there is a fairly good number of people "beaten to death by hands/feet" every year. It is one of the cause of death categories that is tracked by the CDC. And no, not just kids. Adults as well. The elderly and those with certain medical conditions are especially at risk.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

yep it happens, but it is rare relative to number of encounters.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Just how stupid is she?

All of this ^

Every cop, judge or lawyer I know were in utter shock she said this. She said it on the stand, under oath, after waiving he 5th Amendment rights. She cannot take it back.

Wild guess, but perhaps because she was a cop and should know how to testify, her defense team assumed she did not need to be prepped?

Anyone got statistics for Percentage of Defendants in a murder trial who admit they were trying to kill the deceased and get off?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom