Not open for further replies.

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    have it at 24 hours which is the max, which 24 hours is fine, normally this happens days after, but I think there's another way and will RD it.
    Hurley's Gold

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Apparently the time delay edit feature has been turned back on.

I'm trying to update the "Who's Going" list in the current Hicksville thread and editing is not an option.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Great Idea TX69, let me see if I can have that added...

Really appreciate website/forum owners taking the initiative at making improvements by acting on member suggestion. Truly an exceptional and extraordinary effort on your behalf.

Bravo

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Thanks, although I failed at adding the quick jump to the top of thread floating buttons, it is on a list for the web guy to do :)

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    See this post in the For Sale section. I posted a screenshot from my Tapatalk app where no price was visible, but was evidently visible in the original web posting (which has since been edited). Not sure why and no way to troubleshoot.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    This site has slowed to a crawl for me since last night. I wonder if it has anything to do with the new Texas icons on the main page.

No problems elsewhere with one exception.

ETA: on the phone now and no noticed issue, must be my puter :(

Last edited:

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    we had a slow server issue a week ago or so, slow networks. I will see if the support team/system that watches the site had a report or any ideas just in case. those images should be way too small to cause issues..

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It's currently possible for people with zero posts to PM. I really think there should be a forum participation threshold before PMing is allowed.

The guy with zero posts who just PM'd me seems nice and isn't asking for anything outrageous, just a little help. However, he found me via google and hasn't participated on the forum at all, just signed up so that he could send me a message. His simple little question could take hours spread over days of back-and-forth to actually find a satisfactory answer. That's the sort of thing I'm willing to do for friends and fellow community members.

I'm not sure how I feel about going to that much trouble for someone who just plucked me out of a google search.

ETA - I can't PM the guy back, so I had to email him, which means a stranger now has my email.

So I want to add this to my original post: It shouldn't generally be possible for someone to send me a PM unless they can receive a PM reply.

Last edited:

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    Hello

It should already be set up this way, looking at the usergroup setup, new registered members should not be able to PM. I will test this out. Can you PM me the username, I just want to use it as the test case as I figure this out. Technically anyone can find us on Google, posts, member list, PM sounds fishy to me - maybe not.

Let me see what i can figure out here.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    A small issue. Seems like just recently (within the last couple of months) several (not all) posts that folks make in a thread I am subscribed too end up in spam rather than my inbox. I get "most" (as far as I can tell) sent to my inbox but some go to spam. It really doesn't sound like a forum issue but an issue with my IP (not sure if that's the correct term) or something else. I'll start checking my spam folder a little closer just to see if I can determine what's happening. Just thought I'd let you know.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    A small issue. Seems like just recently (within the last couple of months) several (not all) posts that folks make in a thread I am subscribed too end up in spam rather than my inbox. I get "most" (as far as I can tell) sent to my inbox but some go to spam. It really doesn't sound like a forum issue but an issue with my IP (not sure if that's the correct term) or something else. I'll start checking my spam folder a little closer just to see if I can determine what's happening. Just thought I'd let you know.

I occasionally get a flyer in my spam as well. I just mark it "not spam" and that'll fix it for more then a few months.

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Can't type more than a few words, without key board acting like it's locking up. Only in this forum. Any idea what I'm doing wrong??

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom