• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Nutty guy but not a mass murderer. See where he got his guns from hopefully.

I got to thinking about his guns. I could see him getting a Glock 27 off the street or from an unwary private seller; Glocks in .40 are pretty common. A S&W M&P15 in .22? Seems like an odd choice for shooting up a building, plus it's not particularly common and not really something I'd think of a psychopath would choose. An Arsenal SLR-95? Aren't those pretty much high-end AK's? I wouldn't think those would be in common street circulation, and I don't recall seeing many, if any, for sale privately. A WASR-10, yeah that I can see, but an Arsenal? That seems weird to me.

But who knows? Maybe he stole them all from someone with a nice collection. One thing is for sure - if it turns out he bought them from a private seller at Saxet, Acevedo will never EVER shut up about it.

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I got to thinking about his guns. I could see him getting a Glock 27 off the street or from an unwary private seller; Glocks in .40 are pretty common. A S&W M&P15 in .22? Seems like an odd choice for shooting up a building, plus it's not particularly common and not really something I'd think of a psychopath would choose. An Arsenal SLR-95? Aren't those pretty much high-end AK's? I wouldn't think those would be in common street circulation, and I don't recall seeing many, if any, for sale privately. A WASR-10, yeah that I can see, but an Arsenal? That seems weird to me.

But who knows? Maybe he stole them all from someone with a nice collection. One thing is for sure - if it turns out he bought them from a private seller at Saxet, Acevedo will never EVER shut up about it.

I have never owned or sold any of those models! Leave me alone Art!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Dubna, Russia
    Impressive shot, as far to my opinion.

One-hand prepared sportsman's shooting gives one inch scattering on the clearly visible standart resting target in the range of half the distance with no horses in the other hand.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm impressed with the horses. The ones at my place woulda kicked me in the head for that.

stemoo01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2014
    Initially I didn't believe this was possible at all, however I found out today that not only do the ballistics prove that the officer made this shot (strong hand only) but the guy dropped because he hit him straight in the heart.

stemoo01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2014
    Apd run a community policing thing. Attendies get half an hour to ask questions each week, this incident was spoken about for most (if not all) of that time.

stemoo01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2014
    It was a .40, from a s&w (can't remember which, apd now all have the same gun with few exceptions) the officer was actually being fired upon at the time.

I wasn't at the meeting (my friends been going for a while & I asked him to find out whatever he could as I honestly thought this was rubbish) I believe he said the perp was outside the station but I didn't think to ask where the officer was. I'll ask tomorrow.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It was a .40, from a s&w (can't remember which, apd now all have the same gun with few exceptions) the officer was actually being fired upon at the time.

I wasn't at the meeting (my friends been going for a while & I asked him to find out whatever he could as I honestly thought this was rubbish) I believe he said the perp was outside the station but I didn't think to ask where the officer was. I'll ask tomorrow.
    Thanks for the info.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I don't see where it's been confirmed by the medical examiner that it was the officer's bullet that killed the bad guy. The information in the KUT article and the things talked about in stemoo01's posts is what was reported the day after the incident. I thought we were still waiting for the medical examiner's report to confirm the "one shot through the heart by the APD officer" theory.

Wouldn't it be something if it turns out the bad guy was really killed by a nearby CHL holder, Liberty Valence style.

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I don't see where it's been confirmed by the medical examiner that it was the officer's bullet that killed the bad guy. The information in the KUT article and the things talked about in stemoo01's posts is what was reported the day after the incident. I thought we were still waiting for the medical examiner's report to confirm the "one shot through the heart by the APD officer" theory.

Wouldn't it be something if it turns out the bad guy was really killed by a nearby CHL holder, Liberty Valence style.
    I haven't seen anything citing physical evidence, officially released to support the APD claim

I hope it is true. We all need heroes but i also know, heroes often fail.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Id like to know more about the officer. Does he only shoot during APD quals or is he a hobby or even competitive shooter?

If APD wants a propaganda win...this is a gimme. Make the claim...let the news and others run with it. Then weeks later quietly release the official report showing the guy shot himself but say the officer still stopped him by returning fire.

On the other hand...most people that shoot themselves dont shoot themselves in the chest...

stemoo01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2014
    Officer was at position 4.

The attendees were told "the officer was standing where you park your cars" (after a few weeks they got passes to the police car park rather than using the I35 one).

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom