• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    That puts the bad guy closer to 3 on the earlier map, and cop somewhere around 2 but under I-35? If the scale on the map is correct, I have a hard time getting 100 yards from that, plus he'd be shooting more or less towards 6th Street, plus that doesn't line up with the shots to the front of the police station, although the shooter may have moved from there prior to the fatal shot

Edit: sorry, I now see it says shooter was on 8th St. I misread that (thought it said 7th). So yes, bad guy is at the X, cop is somewhere near 2. That angle makes the most sense, I think but I don't see how you get 100 yards out of it if cop is under I - 35.

Edit edit (sorry, hard to do this from my phone). Cop must have been somewhere along the arc from 2 to 3.

Last edited:

stemoo01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2014
    The PD park the trailer for their horses under 35 which is where he was heading with his partner when the shooting occured.

Austin gunman killed after rampage | KXAN.com

That would correlate with what apd told the attendees. The officer was shooting from position four with the guy right outside the station. Horses were in hand as he was still walking them to the trailer (no idea where that is, but could be under 35 as suggested)

Last edited:

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    IF you live in Austin and want to see where all this occurred, drive down there, park under I 35 at the 8th St cut and follow the spray painted circles.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yellow pin is BG. 312 ft each way
    0d1d86d386e7109f70aacd9905780dbe.jpg

312 ft to BG
    cf5e3cdf3e4e13faff22f64bb48819b6.jpg

312 ft to BG
    20d16967e6d8013936ad3b886027da64.jpg

Last edited:

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    That's exactly what i'm talking about with this guy! I have a cousin who worked
    closely with Acevedo, and he says first & foremost that this guy is a publicity hound,
    and a wannna be politician. Remember where he came from! The peoples republic
    of Kalifornia! These folks cant see what they have done to that beautiful state, with
    their ultra-liberal policies, and they are coming HERE, to do it to TEXAS!

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Id like to know more about the officer. Does he only shoot during APD quals or is he a hobby or even competitive shooter?

If APD wants a propaganda win...this is a gimme. Make the claim...let the news and others run with it. Then weeks later quietly release the official report showing the guy shot himself but say the officer still stopped him by returning fire.

On the other hand...most people that shoot themselves dont shoot themselves in the chest...

Not so. MANY shot themselves in the chest. Probably 25% of the suicides I have seen. That would make it near 100

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    And, as far as the "officers in the building"? That is headquarters. Patrol works out of several substations. Mostly support and admin staf in that building. It would have been all but empty that time of the night.

Top Bottom