• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EmbarkChief

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    I've open carried about 8 months of this year. Only had two instances where people asked me about it, both of them positive. This doesn't count the 20-30 people that I deal with on a regular basis expressing shock that I was packing. They couldn't believe that for the past 15 years I have been packing every day and the had been none the wiser. You could tell it made them stop and think a little bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I've seen exactly one OC this year in a retail establishment.
    I've had exactly one neighbor walking his dog in front of my house while OC.

I've OC exactly zero times this year.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    My company has mandatory 'active shooter' training next month, should be interesting.

We had this training a few months back and this is what I remember.
    HPD put out a video on Active shooters and what your company should do and what training you need. The gist is run hide fight. If
    You can run away then move out. If you can't then hide under your desk seriously duck and cover. At last resort you fight. Charge the gunman with whatever you can find. Fire extinguisher, scissors, etc. two points. When and if the cops show up they are not there for you. They are there
    To get the shooter. Expect to bleed to death while they clear the building. If your still alive after the building is cleared you might get a paramedic.

Words to the wise. Don't mention guns, packing or even a pocket knife. We were given a letter and required to read and sign it stating that Texas was a shall work state and we could be later off without reason. Moreover this letter was notice we would be fired is we possessed any weapons on company property including, guns, knives, pepper spray or any other dangerous weapons. It got pretty ugly for a while but everyone settled down.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    A right not exercised is a right lost.

Just so it is clear, OC is not a right in the state of Texas anyplace but your own property, or property under your control.

For anywhere else you pretty much need a permit, which means you need permission from .gov and is not really a right.

41magnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2015
    I found this surprising. Early fall - day starts out pleasantly cool - running errands with sport coat for a cover garment as the day goes I decide wad-da-heck & ditch the coat.
    Bout 6 stops-visit with several acquaintances including one that as I leave practically shouts "What is that?".
    Visited for 10-15 minutes w/i <5' of each other & he never noticed my sidearm till I walk away. Fortunately we were in the parking lot of a big box hardware store & didn't create a scene.
    Talk about a lapse of situational awareness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I probably would open carry more often if it was more convenient. Although some 30.07 signs have come down, many are still in place and as long as a business isn't also displaying 30.06, I will still do business with them.

TX-Badger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    I OC'd once, went fine no issues. I did feel like some people were looking, but no issues whatsoever. Otherwise, I CC everywhere, every day.

Top Bottom