• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • epwrangler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    El Paso, Texass
    The sheep gather and can't understand the motives of the wolf at the door. I was among the sheep when bullets went flying once. Never again. Next time I'll shoot back and choose company who will too. If that means associating with like minded worshipers then so be it.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Thats great. Has nothing to do with OC, but thats great.

Sure it does. The law now says that the two are equal. This reflects logic and common sense. Let people use their own discretion and judgment about how they want to carry (to not offend, tactical reasons, comfort, etc.). Let discussions occur in the open. But why make blanket rules and post signs? Because you think you know better than the flock? There is no moral or scriptural reason for the church to allow CC but ban OC.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Sure it does. The law now says that the two are equal. This reflects logic and common sense. Let people use their own discretion and judgment about how they want to carry (to not offend, tactical reasons, comfort, etc.). Let discussions occur in the open. But why make blanket rules and post signs? Because you think you know better than the flock? There is no moral or scriptural reason for the church to allow CC but ban OC.

No nothing says that. If you can't OC you can CC. Are you saying CHLers are somehow unarmed?
    If a church doesn't want you OCing, too bad for you. Don't go there. You won't be missed.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    my church has never posted and will not post Jan 1 but we will not allow OC come Jan 1
    we will notify verbally

open carrying a gun in church falls under the category of "just because you can doesn't mean you ought to"

Please explain your reason for not posting but not allowing OC. I dont understand the reasoning behind not posting the sign.

Rather than post the sign, you would embarras and alienate someone who had never been to your church and did not know they were not allowed to OC because there were no signs posted? I know that would be my feeling if i showed up OC, say I just moved into the area, and someone walked up to me and told me to conceal or leave. I would also take it as being somewhat dishonest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Please explain your reason for not posting but not allowing OC. I dont understand the reasoning behind not posting the sign.

Rather than post the sign, you would embarras and alienate someone who had never been to your church and did not know they were not allowed to OC because there were no signs posted? I know that would be my feeling if i showed up OC, say I just moved into the area, and someone walked up to me and told me to conceal or leave. I would also take it as being somewhat dishonest.

Yeah you caught us red handed
    We want to openly embarrass and publicly ridicule a person who comes in OCing

We will wait till they get inside and start the service then make the announcement from up front that old see and sew is open carrying
    Then we will all point fingers and laugh as we throw them out

It's gonna be so much fun

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Well, why else would we be pro OC? Apparently we can only be pro OC if we are jackasses that take pleasure in offending and embarrassing.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Or maybe we have glass doors and the walls all around the glass doors are glass and there are no signs anywhere at this point and we dont want to have to install metal signs or a two layer decal to get the contrasting colors
    It's our choice and at this point we are electing to go this route
    If we get 15-20 people OCing a week we may post signs

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    8c0799cc65247b387c6a1e4ff4c119f1.jpg

This is complicated.

In proper churches, open carry wouldn't be an issue. But if you read the letters to the churches in the new testament we know churches always struggle with sound doctrine and existing in a proper way.

A proper church based on sola scriptura, sola fide, and sola gratia is a family of believers. The church is for the believers not the world. The gospel is offensive to the world. The people are to go out from the church body and evangelize the world.

The contemporary church overall (with a few exceptions) is seeker sensitive. The church is doing both the instruction of the believers while trying to evangelize to nonbelievers attending the church as well. So many of the churches not only water down the gospel to not offend but they get major points of faith wrong. Many of these churches will indeed ban open carry as they "don't want to offend" whereas a proper gospel church is made up of people who understand the gospel and know that their sinfulness and total depravity were the offense, not the gospel. However even in proper churches they may ban open carry not in an effort to not offend anyone's delicate sensibilities but in order not to place any hindrance between a non believer and the gospel.

So if my church, which is indeed a proper gospel church, chooses to ban open carry, how will I feel about it? Well, even the properly ordered churches are still moving towards really living by the Solas and being the Acts 29 church and sending out their people to evangelize the world.

I can say I would not attend a church which banned concealed carry as self defense is absolutely biblical.

For those interested in the history of weapons in church read up on the Black Robe Regiment and the colonial preachers before and during the revolution who encouraged rebellion and fought in the war as well. The Bible has a lot more to say on obeying leaders than Romans 13.

Also read up on the Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrates to learn more about the authority of church government over the church and how church government properly interacts with civil government.

Last edited:

Texgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    S. Arlington
    Some folks don't like concealed carry. Some don't like guns. But if the law says it is ok to open carry the same places that you used to conceal carry then that is pretty simple. It is your right to do as you wish.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Yeah you caught us red handed
    We want to openly embarrass and publicly ridicule a person who comes in OCing

We will wait till they get inside and start the service then make the announcement from up front that old see and sew is open carrying
    Then we will all point fingers and laugh as we throw them out

It's gonna be so much fun

Or maybe we have glass doors and the walls all around the glass doors are glass and there are no signs anywhere at this point and we dont want to have to install metal signs or a two layer decal to get the contrasting colors
    It's our choice and at this point we are electing to go this route
    If we get 15-20 people OCing a week we may post signs

If i walked into a church and someone asked me to leave or go change something about my appearance, i would be highly embarrased even if it was wispered to me as i walked in the door.

I have no problem with any private entity prohibbiting carry, but in my opinion, if you are going to prohibit OC 100% of the time, you might as well go ahead and post the signs. That is just my opinion though, ya'll do what you think is best.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom