• ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Not sure I am understanding your statement. Are I saying that a heavier weight (mass for the piece of aluminum) trigger also stops the ND? If so then the issue isn't the inertia of the trigger causing the movement required to fire. It's been a while since I've taken physics, but if memory serves correct inertia is a function of mass. More mass = more inertia = more movement. Only way to change that and keep trigger pull the same (same springs) is to decrease mass.
    The trigger itself is merely a lever. The greater the mass of the trigger, the more likely that a drop onto the floor (as shown in the many videos) would result in an uncommanded firing. The mass of the trigger wants to remain in motion once the pistol itself ceases falling upon impact with a hard surface (floor), and the more mass the trigger has, the greater likelihood that the uncommanded firing will occur. It's all a delicate balance between trigger mass and trigger pull weight. The lighter the trigger pull weight of the pistol (and the P320 is reputed to have a nice, light trigger pull), the less mass the trigger itself can be in order to prevent an uncommanded firing. Physics works.
    Venture Surplus ad

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    This is a voluntary upgrade and it's not a recall. I repeat there is no recall it's a voluntary upgrade if you want to or not.

You keep repeating that in multiple threads, but I don't think anyone here is (or has been) unclear about it...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Keyston512

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Austin
    This is a voluntary upgrade and it's not a recall. I repeat there is no recall it's a voluntary upgrade if you want to or not.

Voluntary upgrade is fancy talk for recall.

I still think there is fuckery afoot...I mean good job on SIG on having a solution so quickly.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Lemme ask you something straight forward? Do you work for Sig Sauer?

Most of us don't care what you call it. Even a recall is a voluntary upgrade. Nobody forces you to take in anything for a recall.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Voluntary Recall in the same way it Voluntary Fires.

Maybe it's some weird pride/face thing with country_boy since the theme of a lot of his threads are about some "rare" SIG that really isn't rare like say a P210... but rare as in it's not a P226 in 9mm lol. Just some off the wall configuration no one thinks about.

I get it, I'm a SIG fanboy. But no shame in admitting the P320 is more or less fucked up.
    They are offering a fix, which is nice.

They call it a Voluntary Upgrade, which is 2 things:
    Marketing to downplay and avoid the word "recall", and Irresponsible for letting people think it's not a concern.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I was concerned when the VU was originally announced thinking that since they weren't calling it a recall Sig had found a way to stick us with the cost and maybe avoid some liability for future injuries.

But since Sig is paying all of the postage, parts and labor it certainly has all of the attributes of a recall. All that matters to me now is that I am going to get a P320 that has been upgraded with M17 parts except for the thumb safety, which I don't want anyway.

That said, even though I registered for the VU, I am going to wait for preformance reviews of the new parts from early adopters before I actually send mine in.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom