• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gun Toting Liberal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2017
    My Beretta M9 fits in the front pocket of my cargo pants without printing. 17 rounds. Imagine their look when you pull that out. But more practically, I like the Springfield XDS.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Three points:

Not exactly my style, but there are options.

:)

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Okay, that guy is diving deep when loading his pockets. So he has "plenty of room" in his crotch but what if some of us don't? Also, I want to see him sit in chair with that much deep concealment. It's gotta be a ball pincher!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Braggart.....

Seriously, those look like a poor answer to an unnecessary question.
    There are two ways to lose crotch room. One is the one you referenced. The other is to simply be fat. If you've met me, you know I fall in the latter group.

If you're fat enough, you know that almost any belt-carry option except SOB has serious problems. (And I reject SOB carry because of all the reasons that people bring up whenever it's discussed.) That means us morbidly obese tend to gravitate towards "disguised carry" (those openly-displayed holsters styled to look like phone cases), pocket carry, or off-body carry.

Such pants may be a poor answer but the question isn't unnecessary. If you need pants with a 44-inch waist, they are a viable option. Of course, if you need pants with a 68-inch waist, pocket carry again becomes viable simply because even jeans of a "normal" design will have generously proportioned pockets.

In between those extremes, pocket carry can kinda suck. Yes, I know this from experience, though I am loathe to remember those days.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    There are two ways to lose crotch room. One is the one you referenced. The other is to simply be fat. If you've met me, you know I fall in the latter group.

If you're fat enough, you know that almost any belt-carry option except SOB has serious problems. (And I reject SOB carry because of all the reasons that people bring up whenever it's discussed.) That means us morbidly obese tend to gravitate towards "disguised carry" (those openly-displayed holsters styled to look like phone cases), pocket carry, or off-body carry.

Such pants may be a poor answer but the question isn't unnecessary. If you need pants with a 44-inch waist, they are a viable option. Of course, if you need pants with a 68-inch waist, pocket carry again becomes viable simply because even jeans of a "normal" design will have generously proportioned pockets.

In between those extremes, pocket carry can kinda suck. Yes, I know this from experience, though I am loathe to remember those days.

husband is working on whittling down his pants size (42) but yes, anything but his OC holster is a problem interaction between belly and gun. He will use a Sneaky Pete holster or untuck his shirt if he needs to CC, but OC is the default for his comfort.

TBM

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    In a perfect world my sublime and now-discontinues R9 Rohrbaugh would be readily available. If you see one buy it!!!

Wonder if Remington will ever come out with their version? They have been making a 380 based off the design...

Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    Kahr cm9 without question. Best trigger light weight super reliable and easy on the wallet. Has all the reputation of the pm9 just more affirdable
    Cheap uncle mikes #4 holster done. Easy to draw from and doesn't come out with gun.
    c91613c136034f59003109b04587fd7d.jpg
    118d3616cec6f29d773b7420eb841dc5.jpg

Last edited:

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    In jeans, I used to carry a M&P9c IWB Aliengear hybrid holster. The compact, double-stack 9mm was easily doable even with my smaller frame (5'9" - 170lbs).

With slacks, suits & shorts I chose a Bodyguard .380 in a Desantis pocket holster. Again with my frame and clothing style, it fit well and didn't print.

I now carry the same way but with the Beretta Nano 9 in both cases. Smaller and more manageable IWB but with less capacity, slightly larger in the pocket but with one extra, better round.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I re-read the entire thread and several things came to mind.......

I owned the Ruger LC9 and carried it for a long time but finally got the Ruger LC9s Pro and tried it for a while. Once I got the Glock 43, I was so convinced that it was "the one", that I traded both of the Ruger pistols. It was a good decision for me.

I replaced the base pads on the G43 magazines with the Pearce +1 bases. That provides a finger rest, gives 100% reliability and stashes one extra round in each magazine. 7+1 rounds in a very small package works for me and I usually put an extra magazine in my pocket. I recommend these Pearce bases without reservation.

The "Hide It" holster works for carrying with Bib Overalls. One distinct advantage with that holster over a belt holster is that it's super easy to draw the gun/holster assembly while seated. I can zip that rig out of its hiding place easily then cross draw the pistol.............seated or not. Pocket carry is difficult from a seated position and belt holsters aren't much better.

The same thing is possible with the Carta Valley rig. I unzip my "Old Man" coveralls reach in and grab a handful of "little Buddy!" My other shoulder rigs work well from a seated position, too.

That's my 2 cents.

Flash

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I carry a Kel-Tec PF9, often in my pocket in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. If you're careful to get a 2nd generation PF9 you should have a reliable and tiny 9mm that's easy to carry. I load mine with Ruger ARX ammo, which saves even more weight.

TTplinker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2017
    ATX
    A true pocket carry in a 9mm is a tall order. About the smallest you'll get is the Diamondback DB9 or the Kahr CW9. The Kahr is a little bit bigger and easier to shoot. But the DB9 is going to be the more true pocket carry. Any pistol that small will need grip tape or aggressive stippling. Good luck.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You can fit a full sized pistol in a sporran, too.
    And the modern day equivalent, too. There was a time when federal LEOs of the sorts who wore suits and ties and spent most of their time in the office or in non-contact field work almost universally used fanny packs. They slung 'em over their shoulder on the walk from their car to the office and did the same on the way back at the end of the day.

When they actually might have to use them, they tended to not really care about them since they were most likely carrying a long gun, already. The pistol was required but I've seem 'em in drop-leg rigs, attached to the front of plate carriers (which strikes me as a dumb place to put a pistol now that I think about it), and I've even seen them left in the fanny pack, hanging below their ballistic vest.

I don't remember how many "Barney Fife" jokes I've heard over the years.

Top Bottom