• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Now, you're the lawyer...but - since when is it possible to bind a third party to a contract when you don't have the authority to do so?

Can I legally bind my employer to something if I don't have their authority to do it?

A person may bind his employer if he holds himself out as an owner, partner or someone with the authority to make contracts and the employer or members of the LLC don't disavow the authority to contract may be boiund by the contract.
    Gun Zone Deals

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    and the short version . . . Exactly

But - that presumes that those involved performed due diligence in ensuring that the person binding the company had the authority to do so, I'd bet. In this case, we don't nearly know all the facts of the case - and as noted, anyone can be sued for anything by anyone.....so I'm gonna sit back and see what happens rather than try to play armchair lawyer/jury.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The company can always ratify the contract or agreement. But what is due diligence? Calling the company and having a random person on the phone tell you . . . yeah, that guy signs contracts all the time?

Like you said, this is TV, Scripted and "Entertainment". This thread is part of the entertainment.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Like you said, this is TV, Scripted and "Entertainment". This thread is part of the entertainment.

Yeah...for clarification to others, SC and I spoke on the phone re. another matter while ago, and this string came up. He agreed that given my superior good looks and modesty, that whatever I said was good by him.

<runnin' for cover before the lightning bolts hit!>

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    TheDan, Thanks for the link, good story about RJ and their work on that dude's PSL.

IMHO, we are watching this train wreck in slow motion. Will just take time to see the entire crash scene.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Honestly, I don't think so. If this were a slow-motion train wreck, then Discovery would most likely dissolve themselves from it. I know that some may think they failed to do so with American Chopper, but honestly I do think that whole situation (the Jr vs Sr crude) was more scripted for its entertainment value than anything else.

While Hayden may not be the "owner" on paper, they are touting him as such on the show for the obvious reasons. I honestly couldn't care less and think this whole "issue" of their FFL is a non-player as they are still producing and selling firearms so the paperwork must be straight.

As for the show, I've quit watching it as I can't stomach the contrived 'drama' written in to it. But if American Chopper has survived, I'm sure this will as well.

Cheers! M2

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The PSL was a joke.
    That's the sort of thing you get when you have a manager that tells the gunsmith to "just eye ball it" when the gunsmith asks for a headspace gauge. Hell, I'm no stranger to Bubba-hacking a gun, but even I can check to see if threads are concentric to the bore.

BTW, I really want shortened PSL like that. Maybe not a 16" barrel, but like 18" or 20" would be ideal me thinks... Maybe with a more modern flash hider, too. I don't want to alter the one I already have, so I need to get a second one play with.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    The show was a game changer in the weapons community. They were the first into the reality TV market, they were the first branch off for discovery, they were the first in a lot of things...

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The show was a game changer in the weapons community. They were the first into the reality TV market, they were the first branch off for discovery, they were the first in a lot of things...

They were the first to bring back a watercooled Magazine Fed Fire Support weapon since that evolutionary line was abandoned in 1925.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    I just watched the hog episode. Any it was nothing that I couldn't do other than manufacture the 458 silencer. They took an ar and put a 458 on it, with a night scope.

I did find it funny when the gas block had a 1.75in diameter and was solid metal. It was freaking huge.

Apparently ARs can't operate in nevada...As that was there other big project.

Top Bottom