TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Okay, Back from Shot Show in Vegas.

Saw their RJA Jeep on the SHot Show floor at the Enidine Booth after the close of the show.

1. Game Chaing rifle has an Admas Arms kit.
    2. Won't run on CAR buffer? Has to have CUSTOM, specially made Hydraulic Buffer to to run.
    3. The Magic, custom Buffer made specifically for RJA's Game Changing uppers is actually . . . . Get this . . . ready . . . .a MGI buffer. I have one. I prefer the ITT Enidine buffer.

Did anyone catch the rail? Was that a Seekins Rail on that custom, RJA AR15?

Love the wedding bells drama and Vince finally having enough of the bullshit and leaving.

so the game chaing rifle

recordingwhiz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    Houston
    There wil be plenty of peeps that will buy that $700 gun for $1200 just because of the name.

let them. thats more Black rifles out there than not.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Some fun with numbers.................

From Academy you can buy a S&W M&P15 Sport - $650

From Midway USA order:
    MagPul MOE Pistol Grip - $20
    MagPul MOE Handguard - $28.50
    MagPul CTR Buttstock - $76
    MagPul MBUIS - $55
    MagPul PMag - $14.20

Total - - $843.70

$1,199.99 - $843.70 = $356.29 ----> Estimated price of a Red Jacket Logo.

Know what they say about fools and their money.......................................

Dreamliner787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Houston
    Did you check out the internals of the RJ AR at Academy? Just wondering if they did anything to it or just another M4 forgery. Who knows maybe it'll be a collectors item one way when the company goes belly up.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Anyone catch the episode where a customer needed a HOG AR and they build a 458 SOCOM with "supressor" ? and just gave it to the customer. Didn't look like 6 months to me. can someone explain ?

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    Anyone catch the episode where a customer needed a HOG AR and they build a 458 SOCOM with "supressor" ? and just gave it to the customer. Didn't look like 6 months to me. can someone explain ?

They were with the customer so technically it was still in RJF's possession. The customer wouldn't be allowed to take the suppressor home until the paperwork cleared. Similar thing when they manufacture machine guns (ie Gatling shotgun, etc.) for non-LEO or MIL customers but they would never be able to take it home. An officer of the manufacturer would have to be with them every time they take it out.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Did you check out the internals of the RJ AR at Academy?
    No, I didn't. I had "heard" that the bolt carrier was NiB coated, but if it is they aren't advertising it (leads me to believe it isn't). Still wouldn't justify the $300 premium over the S&W sitting right next to it. From their website:
    The Red Jacket Firearms KMP 5.56mm Semiautomatic Rifle features semiautomatic action with a 30-round magazine capacity. The rifle is designed with an M4 profile chrome-lined barrel, a polymer stock with an MOE pistol grip and fore-end and a hard chrome firing pin. The rifle is fully stress relieved and surface hardened, and the gas tube is ferritic nitrocarburized for heat and corrosion resistance.
    [h=2]Features and Benefits[/h]
    • Semiautomatic action with a 30-round magazine capacity
    • M4 profile chrome-lined barrel
    • Upper and lower receivers are forged from 7075-T6 aluminum
    • Polymer stock with MOE pistol grip and fore-end
    • Magpul MBUS rear sight
    • Fully stress relieved and surface hardened
    • Phosphate-coated mil-spec M-16 style carrier
    • RJF logo laser engraved and visible through ejection port
    • Hard chrome firing pin
    • Gas tube is ferritic nitrocarburized for heat and corrosion resistance
    • Mil-spec components

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I went to Academy in Humble today and looked at a tan colored one. Not overly impressed, good looking gun though. It looked like any number of members guns on here who have chosen MagPul for their furniture (Like I did). The sales guy would not let me "shotgun" it to check the internals, but everything else on the gun looked almost identical to the other ARs they had on their shelves. It seems to be getting a lot of interest, another guy was looking at it before I walked up.

Top Bottom