Gun Zone Deals

Right about now would be a bad time to be shopping at the Cielo Vista Mall in El Paso

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Go back and read posts 183, 189, 190, 206, 210, and 218.

The common thread is who do we want to judge who's mentally ill enough to not be running loose on the streets.

You don't want the legal system to do so. You don't want the mental health system to do so.

That’s not what I was addressing at all. I wasn’t addressing who was running on the streets. I was addressing who should have their gun rights stripped and at which times because they have been labeled at some point “mentally ill.”
    DK Firearms

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    If you are talking about this quote from me, post 183, I mean with regard to who or who not should be allowed to access firearms. That’s the theme.

“Will we put it on MH providers to “predict dangerousness?” (I can tell you right now, I WON’T sign off on that, either way.). If someone IS stupid enough to sign off on that, I am quite sure I would not trust them to be “qualified” do so because they are dumb or cocky enough to think they can accomplish that, accurately.”

I HAVE signed off on committing persons who were at that TIME a clear and present danger to self or others. So obviously, that is not what was meant by that quote I made. One month from now, WHO KNOWS if they are still a danger? Symptoms remit. You can’t prove conclusively to someone that you are NOT a danger.

You can’t prove to me you are not a danger either. I’m not signing off that anyone is safe. If someone IS a danger that’s fine, but they might NOT be showing signs of being in a month or a year. We can’t hold people until we KNOW they are safe, that’s unnecessary and cruel, and impossible. It’s a judgement call with human error attached to it and fraught with bias problems.

You will never know for sure. You will only see that there are no longer signs and symptoms showing.

But I meant all this within the context of who should be allowed access to firearms.

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Go back and read posts 183, 189, 190, 206, 210, and 218.

The common thread is who do we want to judge who's mentally ill enough to not be running loose on the streets.

You don't want the legal system to do so. You don't want the mental health system to do so.
    Both of your last statements are incorrect.

Your assumptions about what I don’t want are incorrect.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Help me understand better; are you saying being a young white male = being a victim?
    If you're under 60 you're a victim of an involuntary ponzi scheme. You'll never get out of it what you "paid in".

If you're under 100 then you're a victim of involuntary debt.

Shit has been going on for a long time, and each generation is more disenfranchised than the next.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Help me understand better; are you saying being a young white male = being a victim?

No not at all. I just have empathy for them.

They need to toughen up, but I would rather tell them that while standing beside them because going into the future, if you are white and you want to preserve that, you are in for one shitty time.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016

And you’re going to need to explain to me why, if these folks who have whatever arbitrary characteristics are deemed problematic, have no history of violence... why do they deserve to have their rights to the tools of self defense taken away?

THIS is the question I was posing. My whole point has been about people with mental illness history and how we wrap our mind around classifying them as being a “prohibited person” or not.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Vacationed in San Antonio. Heading back to El Paso, where I live (and yes it's a shit hole) in about an hour.

To all who hate El Paso.
    Based on early posts it is clear that some of you guys hate the people and the culture... I get it. It is not for everyone. We are who we are and we are proud of it. Many of you shouldn't be too quick to point out "shit holes" because I too have lived in other big cities in Texas and I can easily call you out on your hypocrisy.

This is my home.. I lost a few friends on Saturday and have a few friends that lost a few family members. Each of these people I knew were Americans/Texans.. Regretfully I checked in on this forum this morning to see what was said this weekend and I am disappointed to read some of these comments here and really how much some of you guys hate West Texas, and want us nixed from Texas. Although the majority of the people here lean left, many of us are just as conservative as you and earn a fine living. A lot of good people died this weekend...

I am just a TEXAN as any of you guys.. I defend my home, and my community to the best of my abilities and try to vote against the riff-raff where I can. It is a shame what this "out-of-towner" did... He obviously scoped out the target first. This Walmart is full of Mexican nationals (that come legally to shop) via Bus 59. He shot a number of unarmed kids, and elderly people that walk the mall. It is a very soft target at 10 a.m on an idle Saturday morning. You keyboard commandos are so full of $hit and I am ashamed to say that ALL of us here are Texans.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I lost a few friends on Saturday and have a few friends that lost a few family members.

I am incredibly sorry. These last couple of shootings in Texas have directly impacted forum members here and in other forums I am involved. My heart breaks for them and you.

Each of these people I knew were Americans/Texans

That is, unfortunately, too easy to lose sight of these days. And even those that were Mexican nationals were innocent people trying to live their lives.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    If you are white & Want to PRESERVE that ????
    are you against interracial relationship ???
    Kindly explain what you mean if you can

Sure thing,

If you are white & Want to PRESERVE that ???? = If you are white(read European) and you want your kids to be white(European). It goes beyond skin color to preserving culture and traditional European & American values for me. My ancestry is extremely important to me, my family and my wife and maintaining that is something I want to ensure so that said:

I am against myself being in an interracial marriage. Other people can do whatever they want and I wont judge them for it at all.

I could honestly give two shits less what everyone else on this planet does as long as it doesn't effect the individual and they aren't living in my house.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    This is my home.. I lost a few friends on Saturday and have a few friends that lost a few family members. Each of these people I knew were Americans/Texans.. Regretfully I checked in on this forum this morning to see what was said this weekend and I am disappointed to read some of these comments here and really how much some of you guys hate West Texas, and want us nixed from Texas. Although the majority of the people here lean left, many of us are just as conservative as you and earn a fine living. A lot of good people died this weekend...

I am just a TEXAN as any of you guys.. I defend my home, and my community to the best of my abilities and try to vote against the riff-raff where I can.

Maybe you are taking it a bit too personal. I am pretty sure no one here is excusing this POS for what he did. Face it, conservatives in El Paso are a minority and many of the problems the city faces are from elected officials like O'Rourke AND from illegals. I grew up in Dallas but I am not going to defend it. Right now it is a crap hole just like Austin, SA, and Houston. A state historically voting red can soon turn blue. Now what do all these cities have in common?? I am also a life long Texan and curious how many transplants from CA or from the east coast have come to live in El Paso or Dallas or Austin or Houston or SA??

It truly is a tragedy and innocent people were murdered by an evil POS (I don't think he was insane) but before the victims have even been buried the left, their candidates, and even Mexico the country have weighed in on our Constitutional rights. They can all f'k off.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Doesn't there need to be a wire crossed somewhere for someone to be this 'evil'?

Maybe I'm wrong.
    Well then everyone that murders someone (barring justified self defense) is mentally ill. Let's go with that. Just because you are mentally ill doesn't mean you can't function in society and doesn't mean you can nottell the difference between right and wrong. Just from looking at history, I would associate homicide with hate and evil more so than being mentally ill.
    This guy chose to use hearing protection. He chose to use an AK and load magazines. He chose the target location knowing more of his targets would be there. He chose to write out a manifesto. That doesn't sound like an insane individual to me. He was in his right mind but hey, I don't have a medical license in the psychiatric field.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I hate cities period, but I do like my job and I do like to eat, so I can't avoid them indefinitely. My classes are 90% Hispanic, so if I had a racial problem, I'm in the wrong line of work.

I'm sorry for your loss and the losses others have had and can sympathize in those regards. I have been to El Paso, it's not the worst city I have been to, but it's also far from the best.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    To all who hate El Paso.
    Based on early posts it is clear that some of you guys hate the people and the culture... I get it. It is not for everyone. We are who we are and we are proud of it. Many of you shouldn't be too quick to point out "shit holes" because I too have lived in other big cities in Texas and I can easily call you out on your hypocrisy.

I am just a TEXAN as any of you guys.. I defend my home, and my community to the best of my abilities and try to vote against the riff-raff where I can. It is a shame what this "out-of-towner" did... He obviously scoped out the target first. This Walmart is full of Mexican nationals (that come legally to shop) via Bus 59. He shot a number of unarmed kids, and elderly people that walk the mall. It is a very soft target at 10 a.m on an idle Saturday morning. You keyboard commandos are so full of $hit and I am ashamed to say that ALL of us here are Texans.

Can't argue with you at all man, but you definitely have a more optimistic view on El Paso than I do and I've lived here most of my life. It's not the culture. San Antonio is very similar. The thing I personally don't like, is that everyone these days seem to be inconsiderate and lazy. That creates an asshole mentality and so much customer service even just average encounters here suck. It did in San Antonio more than I remember too, so maybe people are just getting worse.

I guess everyone is just more stressed out in this decade... Probably the liberal media's fault, who knows.

Gunny P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    DFW
    Sure thing,

If you are white & Want to PRESERVE that ???? = If you are white(read European) and you want your kids to be white(European). It goes beyond skin color to preserving culture and traditional European & American values for me. My ancestry is extremely important to me, my family and my wife and maintaining that is something I want to ensure so that said:

I am against myself being in an interracial marriage. Other people can do whatever they want and I wont judge them for it at all.

I could honestly give two shits less what everyone else on this planet does as long as it doesn't effect the individual and they aren't living in my house.

Got your point. Just out of curiousity , is race a deciding factor in who you love / fall in love with ?
    Also if you are so against yourself being in interracial marriage , does it mean you can never love people from other race ?
    Also can you enlighten me on what in particular you did to make sure you were born white ?

PS. I am just trying to enlighten myself on how other people with different view of life feel & the personal truth behind it. Thanks

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    All these words to figure out why young men are doing stupid and evil things.

They have it sooo hard, wah wah wah. 75 years ago 18 year olds were flying tin cans packed with machine guns, bigger tin cans loaded with bombs, and tanks. 22 year olds were leading squadrons and platoons, responsible for the lives of everyone they were leading and knowing full well many missions were borderline suicidal. But today life is to hard for these pussies because taxes and college debt?

Sorry, I don’t believe that. I believe all these kids are growing up getting their asses wiped by their parents until they are out of high school and allowed to believe life is a carefree happy place instead of being taught it is the struggle it really is. If we drop the PBS everybody is friends coddling bullshit and let kids grow up knowing life for what it is this shit would probably become far less common. Instead we got a bunch of Antifa fags calling everyone NAZIs because life is hard and they want someone to blame, and a smaller group of white identitarian fags blaming everyone that’s a different color because they want someone to blame because life is hard, and all are unwilling to admit they just want a scape goat so we just keep circling the drain and pointing fingers arguing about video games and whether or not we should call someone with a dick “ma’am”.

We are a nation of spoilt brats throwing tantrums and we made it this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Wow. You might as well if you knew one of the victims.

I was born in Hell's Kitchen and grew up in New Jersey. I am the guy you-all hate who has moved to Texas. I knew 14 people killed on 9/11. I do not take jokes about me, NYC, Jersey personal. I agree with most of them. NYC and Jersey are shitholes. I ain't never going back.

Top Bottom