• ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Due to the accusations that I'm (obviously) an anti-gun person that just decided to rile up people by asking for their opinions about chambering strategy of ccw, I decided to try and clear my name by uploading a picture of my guns.

I hope this jpeg proof will finally put an end to this nonsense.

(And perhaps even end this s***storm on a somewhat positive note...?) View attachment 213038

So my guess is "no"
    Capitol Armory ad

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Well at least its a real HD look at the oil stains.

Glad a neighbor let you take some pics in his garage.

Lots of anti 2ND people own guns, Its easy to tell an Anti if they ever say anything about guns that includes the word But or except when talking about restrictions.

Due to the accusations that I'm (obviously) an anti-gun person that just decided to rile up people by asking for their opinions about chambering strategy of ccw, I decided to try and clear my name by uploading a picture of my guns.

(And perhaps even end this s***storm on a somewhat positive note...?) View attachment 213038

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

Simmer down. Nice guns and bike.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Nice gats...bike looks like fun, too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond

LMFAO. You'll fit in just fine here. Awesome South Park reference too.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Did you all read about MRI machines making guns useless till they were demagnatized/degaussed and parts replaced. Its happened a few times to police chasing suspects thru a MRI suite. They didnt know till range day they wouldn't work right. Lucky them.

Ofcourse were talking serious magnets here but I will stay away from magnetic anything when it comes to guns.

I'm trying to find the story. There are plenty about the magnet changing the actual molecular structure of the metal making them brittle or completely deactivating during pin safety making the fire when hitting the machine.

If you find the story, please start a new thread as I'd love to hear more about this. I've heard all sorts of things about MRI's. I've been in and around several of them and heard all sorts of wild stories. Many things don't seem to add up, so it would be a great thread in my opinion.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If you find the story, please start a new thread as I'd love to hear more about this. I've heard all sorts of things about MRI's. I've been in and around several of them and heard all sorts of wild stories. Many things don't seem to add up, so it would be a great thread in my opinion.
    It was a magazine story. I've found it online once before but it took some digging and the site I posted it on the old arizonashooting.com crashed and is irretrievable.

I'll keep looking.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    It was a magazine story. I've found it online once before but it took some digging and the site I posted it on the old arizonashooting.com crashed and is irretrievable.

I'll keep looking.

I have installed and worked around MRIs while they have been calibrated. An MRI altering a pistol perminately is BS.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    In DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services, SCOTUS ruled that, with very rare exception, the police have no duty to protect people from harm committed by other people.

Edit: typo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I was going to look for the SCOTUS ruling but have been at work all day......thanks PRONSTAR..............as I stated.......LE has no duty to protect and serve you. YOUR safety is YOUR responsibility.

LE responds to crimes.........cleans up the mess..........takes witness statements...........and investigates.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I have installed and worked around MRIs while they have been calibrated. An MRI altering a pistol perminately is BS.

No one said permanently, except one story referenced the brittle slide after.

Many guns have had their firing pin safety bypassed and the gun going off when it hits the machine. That is actually pretty common an occurrence if the gun is actually pulled into the machine.

The story I'm looking for references 2 officers who entered the suit while the test was in process and part of the gun magnetized to the point of effecting its ability to reliably function.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Strange to know so many guns around MRI equipment when hospitals are no gun zones. I am sure it happens all the time

Ya I know cops can have them.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Strange to know so many guns around MRI equipment when hospitals are no gun zones. I am sure it happens all the time

Ya I know cops can have them.
    Not all hospitals in all states are no gun zones.
    Not all MRIs are in hospitals.
    Some were security guards.
    Some were retired police.
    Some were just citizens.
    One guy had his gun in his boot and the MRI was on his head and he now sings at a much higher octave as the gun came out of the boot up his pants into his....well like Eddie Murphy said, you dont gotta hit nuts. You just gotta graze nuts.

If you Google MRI and guns you will see several stories of guns pulled into machines and going off. The one guy not a cop was actually charged with reckless endangerment.

A couple stories of them not going off and the one story of a guy with a boot gun by a MRI tech on a police forum.

I always take my weapon to the medical office where my MRIs are done but they have lockers outside the suite where you lock everything up.
    If I goto a hospital for one it is one of the rare times I have to leave it in the car. If I'm going to be knocked out, the gun stays home obviously.

Some folks just dont know what the M stands for.

Regardless, if you carry you should research special situations like medical procedures and the facility they happen in.

Regarding magnatized gun or gun parts,

Also I found several instances of magnatized AR firing pins causing malfunctions and a couple mentions of series 80 safety components being disengaged, assuming the firing pin safety being stuck in the "up"position i.e.overcoming the pressure of the return spring pushing the plunger back into safe position. I assume the same thing could happen in early Smith n Wesson autos as their springs on the plunger were light for trigger pull feel.

Last edited:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    This is a Texas bard so for the most part unless its stated I would assume we are talking TX issues.

As far as google is concerned I can google lots of stuff that does not exist but it is on google.

Hell you can google gun show loophole and see lots of info about it just not what it is or how you do it.

Not all hospitals in all states are no gun zones.
    Not all MRIs are in hospitals.
    Some were security guards.
    Some were retired police.
    Some were just citizens.
    One guy had his gun in his boot and the MRI was on his head and he now sings at a much higher octave as the gun came out of the boot up his pants into his....well like Eddie Murphy said, you dont gotta hit nuts. You just gotta graze nuts.

If you Google MRI and guns you will see several stories of guns pulled into machines and going off. The one guy not a cop was actually charged with reckless endangerment.

A couple stories of them not going off and the one story of a guy with a boot gun by a MRI tech on a police forum.

I always take my weapon to the medical office where my MRIs are done but they have lockers outside the suite where you lock everything up.
    If I goto a hospital for one it is one of the rare times I have to leave it in the car. If I'm going to be knocked out, the gun stays home obviously.

Some folks just dont know what the M stands for.

Regardless, if you carry you should research special situations like medical procedures and the facility they happen in.

Regarding magnatized gun or gun parts,

Also I found several instances of magnatized AR firing pins causing malfunctions and a couple mentions of series 80 safety components being disengaged, assuming the firing pin safety being stuck in the "up"position i.e.overcoming the pressure of the return spring pushing the plunger back into safe position. I assume the same thing could happen in early Smith n Wesson autos as their springs on the plunger were light for trigger pull feel.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma

Well at least you have a plan. When you put it on a white board next to the motorcycle & firearms you borrowed from your neighbor it’s official.

Now it’s time to hijack the thread! We do that well here too.
    giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      372.7 KB · Views: 493

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    This is a Texas bard so for the most part unless its stated I would assume we are talking TX issues.

As far as google is concerned I can google lots of stuff that does not exist but it is on google.

Hell you can google gun show loophole and see lots of info about it just not what it is or how you do it.

A couple folks asked about the MRI stuff.

For you keen observation skills you can be officer obvious of the day for noticing this is a Texas board but no Hall Moniter endorsement for missing parts of the conversation relevant to the out of texas parts I was collecting info on.

Couldn't resist.

Good morning Texas.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    The9ine
    Top Bottom