• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What's your take on safe companies giving police access to your personal safe?

• Positively, I've got nothing to hide.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Yes, but only with a warrant.

Votes: 10 8.9%
    • Maybe, but only in rare circumstances.

Votes: 2 1.8%
    • No, the manufacturer has no right to supply access to my property, no exceptions.

Votes: 100 89.3%

• Total voters

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I mean if the police have a warrant, they can just yank the safe out of the house thru the walls, take it to the PD, drill it out and destroy the safe to get what is in it, and then tell you they don’t cover the costs, because they had a warrant.

I mean if you like your things being destroyed, just tell the police you would rather they just tear it open like search on a vehicle where they take it apart and leave it in pieces with tires cut and interior left outside, just don’t cry when you get what you asked for and find out police won’t pay for the damages…
    Target Sports

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I mean if the police have a warrant, they can just yank the safe out of the house thru the walls, take it to the PD, drill it out and destroy the safe to get what is in it, and then tell you they don’t cover the costs, because they had a warrant.

I mean if you like your things being destroyed, just tell the police you would rather they just tear it open like search on a vehicle where they take it apart and leave it in pieces with tires cut and interior left outside, just don’t cry when you get what you asked for and find out police won’t pay for the damages…
    This was a J6 case. Whomever it was is going to get railroaded anyway, and anything of value in their safe is going to be pretty well trashed anyway as well.

Make the cocksuckers work for it. Mention to them that you also store all your reloading components in the safe as well( whether you do or not) so cutting into it with a torch or angle grinder might be unhealthy.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    This was a J6 case. Whomever it was is going to get railroaded anyway, and anything of value in their safe is going to be pretty well trashed anyway as well.

Make the cocksuckers work for it. Mention to them that you also store all your reloading components in the safe as well( whether you do or not) so cutting into it with a torch or angle grinder might be unhealthy.

If there is a warrant, the police are seizing it and getting access. The police won’t be opening it. Someone else will with the police watching, from a safe distance back. The police do not drill safes. The city worker making half what police make and have little kids will be spending hours cutting into it or a locksmith on contract.

But if the DA thinks you boogie trapped it and it caused injury, we’ll just bend over, grab your ankles and spell RUN three times fast. Because the guys in your cell block will be in…

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    There was no warrant served to Liberty. Nathan Hughes verifies that the FBI raided his home and called Liberty for an access code.

And Liberty is doing damage control right now, fearful of a Zumbo type of response by gun owners. They stepped in it big time.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    There was no warrant served to Liberty. Nathan Hughes verifies that the FBI raided his home and called Liberty for an access code.

And Liberty is doing damage control right now, fearful of a Zumbo type of response by gun owners. They stepped in it big time.

If the FBI was inside his home they had a warrant, or should have. If they entered his home without a warrant a civil rights lawsuit will set him up with money for years or life.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX

Well if true, then it’s fruit of the poisonous tree and any evidence will be thrown out and inadmissible in a court of law.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Yall do know the LE submits thousands of requests for cell phone data, social media data, and in addition to cell phone themselves with warrants? All of those entities give up the required info when faced with a warrant signed by a judge.
    yeah, the carriers are probably the worst ones to use as an example. They'll share private info even without a warrant, plus they bend over backwards for the feds.
    How is this situation any different?
    A safe manufacturer shouldn't have that information to give to begin with.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    If the FBI was inside his home they had a warrant, or should have. If they entered his home without a warrant a civil rights lawsuit will set him up with money for years or life.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Oh, they had a warrant to enter Hughes house. What they didn't have was a warrant, subpoena, or court order for Liberty to give up private customer info to them, they simply gave the FBI what they wanted over the phone. Liberty Safes caved, they f*cked up and they are going to pay.

And I wonder why they caved. The story gets more interesting.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Attention all Liberty Safe owners. CAVCOP will help you remove your Liberty Safe from your home. DM me and we can make arrangements for me to take those safes away.

Just let me know. I will take them off your hands.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If there is a warrant, the police are seizing it and getting access. The police won’t be opening it. Someone else will with the police watching, from a safe distance back. The police do not drill safes. The city worker making half what police make and have little kids will be spending hours cutting into it or a locksmith on contract.

But if the DA thinks you boogie trapped it and it caused injury, we’ll just bend over, grab your ankles and spell RUN three times fast. Because the guys in your cell block will be in…
    If you are storing powder and reloading components in your safe, how is that “booby trapping” it, especially if you tell them what is in it and can’t remember the combo due to the stress of having a bunch of jack booted fedbois in your home on bullshit charges.

Hope your chains are resting lightly. Maybe some listerine will take the taste of jackboot out. You should give it a try.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas

They should change the name of their company.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015

They should have taken the Apple approach. Sad that a company named Liberty would so easily get on their knees and choke on FBI cock faster than the ultra-liberal Apple company. Maybe Liberty Safes is just another BRCC using freedom as a marketing scam.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Not sure how many of you own a Liberty Safe; this news is disturbing.

Having an exploitable built-in back door that the owner doesn't know about or can't change completely defeats the purpose of a safe. It's sad that owners will now have to start looking into buying aftermarket locks to avoid secret back doors.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I like this response from a competitor.

1694097414044.png

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Troubling, especially as it has ties to the fake insurrection.
    Question: I only have one old school safe. On the digital ones, can't you change your own code?

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    If they have a warrant, they are going to enforce it whether or not they get a combo from the manufacturer. I'd rather be able to use my safes in the aftermath than have the FBI take a torch or cutting wheel to them. I've got 2 of the large Liberty Lincoln series. I'm not going to sell them as it would do me no good and not affect Liberty at all. What I am going to do is change the electronic locks to hi-grade dials.
    I've been thinking about this for awhile and after the Chinese "weather balloon" incidents I became concerned how easy it would be to set off a EMP. This would effectively make my safes unusable.

If anyone knows of a reliable locksmith in the Beaumont/Orange area, I'd appreciate the reference.

Top Bottom