• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryantx23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    North TX
    A class with 450 would usually be a freshman year class about one of the basics..ie..English,Biology,Algebra..etc. Most kids would not be 21. Good bet the odds are there would not be a single CHL in the class except the teacher.

All it takes is one good guy with a gun to end a potential slaughter... What if it's the 23 year old Marine / Army veteran who is in their first year of college after fighting for OUR country for 4 years so they could afford to go to college on the GI Bill? You have to keep an open mind here too and not automatically assume that college freshmen are 18 or 19 year olds.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Ok im going to chime in. I am a 25 year old Army vet going to college, i have carried firearms in 4 different countries and 24 states in this union for the defense of everyone in this nation but you want to tell me that just because i am in school i shouldnt be able to carry a weapon to protect MYSELF of the other students in the classroom. Or the other 40 vets that hangout with me up at the college, not counting the other couple hundred that attend there, should they not be able to defend themselves or the rest of the campus populous?

ryantx23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    North TX
    Ok im going to chime in. I am a 25 year old Army vet going to college, i have carried firearms in 4 different countries and 24 states in this union for the defense of everyone in this nation but you want to tell me that just because i am in school i shouldnt be able to carry a weapon to protect MYSELF of the other students in the classroom. Or the other 40 vets that hangout with me up at the college, not counting the other couple hundred that attend there, should they not be able to defend themselves or the rest of the campus populous?

My sentiments exactly.... Well spoken sir. When are the libs going to wake up?

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas

I would never breath such words, ever!
    For those who would, well some people are just too damn stupid to be American!

mdehoogh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    DFW
    This is from the TSRA. Please contact your representatives!

Recently, Senator Jeff Wentworth (R-San Antonio) brought SB 354 to the Senate floor with a commitment from 21 fellow senators to vote to allow debate on his concealed carry on campus bill. This is the same bill passed by mostly the same members of the Senate two years ago. Rules in the Texas Senate require 2/3 of those present to vote to consider a bill, and then the legislation can pass with a simple majority. Two Senators -- Eddie Lucio (D-Brownsville) and Mario Gallegos (D-Houston) -- switched from "yes" to "no" votes as the bill was being laid out for consideration. Lacking the necessary 2/3 vote, Wentworth was forced to pull the bill down, and it has remained stalled in the Senate since.

Today, SB 5 by Senator Judith Zaffirini (D-Laredo) was brought to the Senate floor. SB 5 deals with the general business of a college campus. Six "friendly" amendments were offered to Senator Zaffirini's bill, which she knew of in advance and accepted. Then Senator Wentworth offered a seventh amendment, one not cleared by Senator Zaffirini in advance -- the language to SB 354, concealed carry on campus.

Senator Zaffirini used a parliamentary maneuver to pull down her bill, at least temporarily or until 11 a.m. tomorrow morning.

Please contact Texas Senators and urge them to vote for Senator Wentworth's amendment to SB 5 by Zaffirini. See list below and not those where were co-authors on the original bill. Call everyone but thank those who are co-authors.
    Please also call Lt. Governor David Dewhurst at 512-463-0001 and urge him to help legalize the right to personal protection for Concealed Handgun Licensees at Texas colleges and universities. This may be our best chance to gain a lawful self-defense option for CHLs at Texas institutions of higher education.

Note:
    * indicates co-author on original SB 354. We need them to support the amendment!

*Senator Brian Birdwell (R-Granbury) (Co-author)
    brian.birdwell@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0122

*Senator John Carona (R-Dallas) (Co-author)
    john.carona@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0116

Senator Wendy Davis (D-Fort Worth)
    wendy.davis@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0110

*Senator Robert Deuell (R-Greenville) (Co-author)
    bob.deuell@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0102

Senator Robert Duncan (R-Lubbock)
    robert.duncan@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0128

Senator Rodney Ellis (D-Houston)
    rodney.ellis@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0113

*Senator Kevin Eltife (R-Tyler) (Co-author)
    kevin.eltife@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0101

*Senator Craig Estes (R-Wichita Falls) (Co-author)
    craig.estes@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0130

*Senator Troy Fraser (R-Horseshoe Bay) (Co-author)
    troy.fraser@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0124

Senator Mario Gallegos, Jr. (D-Houston)
    mario.gallegos@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0106

*Senator Chris Harris (R-Arlington) (Co-author)
    chris.harris@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0109

*Senator Glenn Hegar, Jr. (R-Katy) (Co-author)
    glenn.hegar@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0118

Senator Juan "Chuy" Hinojosa (D-McAllen)
    juan.hinojosa@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0120

Senator Joan Huffman (R-Southside Place)
    joan.huffman@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0117

*Senator Mike Jackson (R-La Porte) (Co-author)
    mike.jackson@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0111

Senator Eddie Lucio, Jr. (D-Brownsville)
    eddie.lucio@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0127

*Senator Jane Nelson (R-Flower Mound) (Co-author)
    jane.nelson@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0112

Senator Robert Nichols (R-Jacksonville)
    robert.nichols@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0103

Senator Steve Ogden (R-Bryan)
    steve.ogden@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0105

More State Senators.
    *Senator Dan Patrick (R-Houston)(Co-author)
    dan.patrick@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0107

Senator Jose Rodriguez (D-El Paso)
    jose.rodriguez@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0129

*Senator Kel Seliger (R-Amarillo) (Co-author)
    kel.seliger@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0131

Senator Florence Shapiro (R-Plano)
    florence.shapiro@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0108

Senator Carlos Uresti (D-San Antonio)
    carlos.uresti@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0119

Senator Leticia Van de Putte (D-San Antonio)
    leticia.vandeputte@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0126

Senator Kirk Watson (D-Austin)
    kirk.watson@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0114

**Senator Jeff Wentworth (R-San Antonio)
    Author of the Amendment to SB 5
    jeff.wentworth@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0125

Senator Royce West (D-Dallas)
    royce.west@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0123

Senator John Whitmire (D-Houston)
    john.whitmire@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0115

*Senator Tommy Williams (R-The Woodlands) (Co-author)
    tommy.williams@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0104

Senator Judith Zaffirini (D-Laredo)
    judith.zaffirini@senate.state.tx.us
    512-463-0121
    Remember the vote could come as early as tomorrow and we really need your help now.

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    SB 5 is back on the Regular order of business and Intent Calendar for Monday
    Monday May 2
    http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/82R/calendars/html/S520110502.htm
    Regular order of business calendar
    REGULAR ORDER OF BUSINESS
    Monday
    May 2, 2011

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

SB 5 (CS) (LC) Zaffirini

Relating to the administration and business affairs of public institutions of higher education.
    Committee report printed and distributed 06:20 PM, 04/11/11
    -----------

It's also back on the Intent calendar

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=82R&Bill=SB00005
    S Placed on intent calendar 05/02/2011
    http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/82R/calendars/html/S120110502.htm

NOTICE OF INTENT
    Monday
    May 2, 2011

SCR 39 (LC) Shapiro
    Designating the month of April each year from 2011 through 2020 as Genocide Awareness and Prevention Month.
    Committee report printed and distributed 04:38 PM, 04/26/11

SB 5 (CS) (LC) Zaffirini
    Relating to the administration and business affairs of public institutions of higher education.
    Committee report printed and distributed 06:20 PM, 04/11/11
    ============

So, E-mail and Fax today

Lt Gov Dewhurst ... and...

your own Senator... and...

Please Email the Senators Today!!!

Hopefully some thinkin' and talkin' occurred. Kinda looks like it, but I guess we'll see soon what's happening if a deal was cut or what

I suggested that if she became the 21st vote on SB 354, perhaps Amendment 7 to SB 5 might go away.
    And I've pointed out that it's less risky and cheaper for schools to pass Amendment7/SB 354 because the IMMUNITY paragraphs make for cheaper insurance rates for schools than risking a HOUSE bill passing which contains NO Immunity clauses.
    If she really is interested in saving schools money during budget cuts, she'll help on SB 354/Amendment 7 rather than risk the other bills passing.

(P.S. The anti-gun group has NOT Tweeted this info yet, so get your faxes in before they use up all the fax paper again over the weekend
    icon_mrgreen.gif
    )
    -----------------------------------
    @martinbartlett Martin Bartlett
    There is word of a deal that might give new life to bringing concealed handguns into college, univ buildings. We'll see how/if this goes http://twitter.com/#!/search/%20MartinBartlett

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    Got this from an NRA email to me. This last part makes me a little hopeful. Hopefully this isn't old information.

"Note: Sen. Wentworth's campus carry bill, SB 354, remains on the Senate Intent Calendar as he works to garner the 21 votes necessary to suspend the regular order of business in the Senate and bring his bill up for consideration."

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Look at all the libtards posting ignorant comments that have been fed to them by their libtard friends.

Texas Senate votes to approve guns on public college campuses | abc13.com

Sometimes the local news will actually mention these comments when they talk about it. If enough of us join and post our thoughts (BE POLITE AND PRESENTABLE), then there would be a chance where they might mention our comments ;)

LOL Look at beautiful Loser 1's posts. She's such a hypocrite.

She posts this about campus carry

Great. Just waiting for another shooting spree. Has anybody thought about a seriously under pressure student who can't have an "F" in class? Can't wait till they play Cops and Robbers on campus

and then this about our rights on another article.

What ever happened to our right to assemble? Whether you think it's right or or wrong, it IS a constitutional right so layoff. All we need to do is get Perry out of office. Do you all even remember how he talked about education in his campaigns? What a bunch of ###. I guess America will get dumber than it is now. Mark As Violation

and if that's not all, ultimate Hypocrisy right here:

Funny, you people were happy to hear the news but cry foul when you don't get your way. I'm glad he's dead, now get on with your life

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    Yeah
    Zaffrini is so OPPOSED to campus carry ... yet,

Zaffrini forced Wentorth to REMOVE some restrictions which we didn't want anyway, to make it "broad enough" to be GERMANE
    Next, she opened the door for Wentworth to attach his Amendment
    (Then found out pulling/re-voting hers out wouldn't get rid of his ...)

I'm thinking of sending Zaffrini a thank you note for getting a bill through which we couldn't have done without her.

Still ....

Need to call/fax House Calendars committee
    to calendar HB 2178 and HB 750

There's a reason ...
    I'm not posting the reason here for John Woods' group to see else they'd go bananas.

11 on the Calendars committee co-authored HB 750 ... 5 on the committee didn't ... but still, there's a reason to ask that both 750 and 2178 get on the House calendar..

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    So since it was approved by senate, does that mean that it's final and is a law now, or is there more stuff that this bill has to go through until it's actually law? I totally forgot what I learned in high school government

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    Please call and/or fax your Representative and ask them to oppose any attempt to remove Senator Wentworth's campus-carry provisions from SB1581 (the HB3639 companion). Please do this ASAP and keep the calls going!!

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    So since it was approved by senate, does that mean that it's final and is a law now, or is there more stuff that this bill has to go through until it's actually law? I totally forgot what I learned in high school government

Not law yet
    It only passed the Senate so far

Next it has to go through the House before reaching the Governor

Please call and/or fax your Representative and ask them to oppose any attempt to remove Senator Wentworth's campus-carry provisions from SB1581 (the HB3639 companion). Please do this ASAP and keep the calls going!!

To find your representative http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/

(MOST of the House is for campus carry, but the anti-gun groups are calling, so we need to be heard ... it matters)

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    I called my own Representative with the above ... (Please call and/or fax your Representative and ask them to oppose any attempt to remove Senator Wentworth's campus-carry provisions from SB1581 (the HB3639 companion). Please do this ASAP and keep the calls going!!

To find your representative http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/)

and called House Calendars Committee to put 750 and 2178 on the calendar . (There's a reason)
    11 on Calendars sponsored campus carry; 5 did not
    Calendars..

Rep. Todd Hunter – (512) 463-0672 - FAX: (512) 463-2101 (use FaxZero.com) - todd.hunter@house.state.tx.us

Rep. Dennis Bonnen – (512) 463-0564 - FAX: (512) 463-8414 (use FaxZero.com) - dennis.bonnen@house.state.tx.us

Rep. Dan Branch – (512) 463-0367 - FAX: (512) 322-9935 (use MyFax.com/free) - dan.branch@house.state.tx.us

Rep. Tracy O. King – (512) 463-0194 - district80.king@house.state.tx.us

Rep. Lois W. Kolkhorst – (512) 463-0600 - lois.kolkhorst@house.state.tx.us

Rep. Eddie Rodriguez - (512) 463-0674 - eddie.rodriguez@house.state.tx.us

Rep. Vicki Truitt – (512) 463-0690 - Vicki.Truitt@house.state.tx.us

Rep. Byron Cook – (512) 463-0730 - byron.cook@house.state.tx.us

Rep. Garnet Coleman - (512) 463-0524 - district147.coleman@house.state.tx.us

Rep. Charlie Geren – (512) 463-0610 - Charlie.Geren@house.state.tx.us

Rep. Jim Keffer – (512) 463-0656 - james.keffer@house.state.tx.us

Rep. Eddie Lucio III – (512) 463-0606 - eddie.lucio_iii@house.state.tx.us

Rep. Allan Ritter – (512) 463-0706 - allan.ritter@house.state.tx.us

Rep. Burt R. Solomons – (512) 463-0478 - Burt.Solomons@house.state.tx.us

Rep. John Zerwas – (512) 463-0657 - john.zerwas@house.state.tx.us

=================

HB 750 sponsors (Calendars committee members are in red)

Author: Driver | Miller, Sid | Hancock | Zerwas
    Coauthor: Aliseda | Anderson, Charles "Doc" | Anderson, Rodney | Beck | Berman | Bohac | Bonnen | Brown | Burkett | Button | Cain | Callegari | Carter | Chisum | Christian | Cook | Creighton | Davis, John | Eissler | Elkins | Fletcher | Flynn | Frullo | Geren | Gonzales, Larry | Gooden | Guillen | Hamilton | Hardcastle | Harper-Brown | Hilderbran | Hopson | Howard, Charlie | Huberty | Hughes | Hunter | Isaac | Jackson, Jim | Keffer | King, Phil | King, Susan | King, Tracy O. | Kleinschmidt | Kolkhorst | Kuempel | Landtroop | Larson | Laubenberg | Lavender | Legler | Lyne | Madden | Martinez, "Mando" | Miller, Doug | Murphy | Nash | Orr | Otto | Parker | Paxton | Pena | Perry | Phillips | Price | Quintanilla | Riddle | Schwertner | Scott | Sheets | Sheffield | Shelton | Simpson | Smith, Todd | Smith, Wayne | Smithee | Solomons | Taylor, Larry | Taylor, Van | Torres | Vicky Truitt | Weber | White | Workman | Zedler

11 Author/Sponsors are on Calendar Committee
    ----------------

Not authors/ Sponsors:
    Rep. Dan Branch – (512) 463-0367 - FAX: (512) 322-9935 (use MyFax.com/free) - dan.branch@house.state.tx.us
    Rep. Eddie Rodriguez - (512) 463-0674 - eddie.rodriguez@house.state.tx.us
    Rep. Garnet Coleman - (512) 463-0524 - district147.coleman@house.state.tx.us
    Rep. Eddie Lucio III – (512) 463-0606 - eddie.lucio_iii@house.state.tx.us
    Rep. Allan Ritter – (512) 463-0706 - allan.ritter@house.state.tx.us

Only 5 Calendar Committee members did not sponsor/author HB 750

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Do we have a house majority for this? Is this one any different than the other failure? Private schools?

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    We have a house majority, as long as the anti-gun people don't convince Republicans to agree with the few Democrats ...

House can accept like it is and send to Rick Perry to sign

or

House can add amendments; then Senate can accept and send to Rick Perry to sign
    or
    not accept House changes. If not, they form a conference committee with some representatives and some Senators

If all goes well and it passes in house / or conference committee ... then on to Rick Perry to sign

Top Bottom