• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I hated those things in bootcamp in San Diego. Some of the guys would throw mayonaise packets in the air & they would swoop down & chug em down.
    They are garbage birds for sure. This happened at camp geiger in NC. The Sergeant was hell bent on me gunning it down. Little bastard didnt stand a chance

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Why would you shoot birds you`re not going to eat.
    Unless you’re stranded at sea why would anyone ever eat a seagull?

I was on the range a few years ago at the 300 I believe and Bambi walked out just above my target. I put my RCO on it and walked with it a few yards waiting for someone to call cease fire. Finally told the RSO and he called it. Figured I should let someone know before some other Marine “missed” and took it out. We were on a National Guard base (maybe Army reserve base) in NY. That would have gone over great.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    And yet my phone did not ring. ;)
    Yea....errr...ahhh....my bad.:green:

Truth is, I didnt think it was a shoosting weekend. Thought it was a granbabies birthday weekend. I didnt even take the range bag. When mamma said "I wanna go shoot the Witness" I was like well, we have to go to acadamy and get some ears...and ammo...and eyes...and...and...:green:

We should try to do a little more coordinated get together for PSC.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Yesterday I was at Point Blank shooting range doing some fine tuning on the sights of my AR using an M4 zeroing target. Got there early and had the rifle lanes to myself. Got all set up when in walks a couple, a Walmart type couple. I'm certainly no one to judge but, yooooooou know the type. The male is carrying what appears to be a fancy AR with a huge muzzle brake. The guy is holding it by the foregrip and waving the muzzle around as he sets up. Not a second later the couple is arguing over who'll shoot first. I was in lane nine and they were in ten so I could hear every word, every cussword that is. After a few shots the female is arguing about the male shooting her f**king target, the male is telling her she doesn't know how the hell to shoot. I'm keeping them in my peripheral vision at all times, ruining my session in the process. Finally it's the females turn to shoot the AR, the male attempts to instruct her but is rebuffed by the female, harshly I might add, she "knows what she's doing". A second later she hits the concrete ceiling beam not five yards in front of her. At this point I'm thinking I should get the RO, luckily they left a few minutes later. Damn, I think I'm going to start looking for land so I can have my own "SAFE" place to shoot, not to mention, peace of mind. Thankfully, the rest of my shooting time was great.:cool:

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Yea....errr...ahhh....my bad.:green:

Truth is, I didnt think it was a shoosting weekend. Thought it was a granbabies birthday weekend. I didnt even take the range bag. When mamma said "I wanna go shoot the Witness" I was like well, we have to go to acadamy and get some ears...and ammo...and eyes...and...and...:green:

We should try to do a little more coordinated get together for PSC.

I've learned from Moonpie, I just can't pass up an opportunity to harass ya. We definitely need to coordinate a trip before it gets too terribly hot. ;)

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Guys who show up in a plate carrier, minus plates, and pouches in the most nonsensical places possible

One time a few years ago, had a group of guys shooting a G17. They weren't exactly "experienced shooters". They load the mag into the gun, but can't get the slide back. I walk up and start helping them. For the life of me i can't get the slide open, and the trigger feels like it's 100lbs. After wrestling with it, I finally pull the trigger and get the slide back a bit to disassemble it, and out comes a rather good sized allen wrench. Near as I can tell it was resting behind and on top of the trigger bar.

It's easily my favorite malfunction/failure I've ever seen.

Guys that show up on the weekend and sit and shoot where they aren't supposed to because they don't like shooting next to other people, even if its a guy with a .22lr 6 benches away, just because they don't like loud noises.

People who try to shoot at animals on the range. Yes, theres a bird 3 feet away from your target. No its not okay to shoot it.

You should have seen the guys I was in the Army with. During a live fire if any animal happened to cross the range you could just see all the tracers converge on it. Even though we were instructed beforehand not to.

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm at the range on a Thurs. night a few months ago. I usually shoot twice a week at the indoor range I belong to. I wasn't thinking anything of all the cars parked in the lot when I walked in the door (it was in excess of what I'd seen before for a typical weekday night). As I walked in I saw the advert. sign stating Thurs. night ladies night at the range. The stereotypes just flooded into my mind, but I laughed it off inside and just let it go, because I know all stereotypes aren't true and I have seen women on the range that would out shoot my ass any day of the week. I got my lane in the 25 yd. section and was pretty much alone.

About halfway through what would normally be my 1.5 hour long session, a group of ladies, probably four or five, and the sole female RSO walk in and take up a lane about four lanes down from me. They're loud and obnoxious as all get out. I swear every time a gun went boom, there were whoops and hollers. It sounded like a bunch of drunk college girls at a bar. I tried my best to just stay focused on what I was doing. But eventually, I look over and I see this lady holding a FS 1911 and think to myself, "Oh f**k, here we go." A big boom, some serious physical reaction to recoil from her, whooping\hollering from everyone including her, and I hear, "And you just shot your first gun!" from the RSO. The lady whips around covering my lane with it (I ducked), and then turns back around and puts it on the table sideways pointed to the lane next to her (there had to be a round in the chamber ready to go, as I saw no one clear it). Whooping, hollering, and not a peep about gun safety from the RSO. REALLY!? Who thought giving this woman with ZERO handgun, and probably firearm experience in general, a .45 to shoot for the first time ever was a good idea????

SMH.

I packed up and left.
    Uh-oh! I joined a ladies' group and, according to their calendar, they go to a certain range on ladies night about once a month. I hope it's not the same group!

I'm thinking/hoping not. They give a better impression than that. At least online, they do. We'll find out soon enough.

I'm not social. I'm just desperate to get some practice with some supervision.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Uh-oh! I joined a ladies' group and, according to their calendar, they go to a certain range on ladies night about once a month. I hope it's not the same group!

I'm thinking/hoping not. They give a better impression than that. At least online, they do. We'll find out soon enough.

I'm not social. I'm just desperate to get some practice with some supervision.

What group is this? My wife has expressed interest in joining a ladies group in the past and maybe this would be the ticket.

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    What group is this? My wife has expressed interest in joining a ladies group in the past and maybe this would be the ticket.
    A Girl and A Gun: https://www.agirlandagun.org/cat/tx-san-antonio/

Their next Girls Night Out is going to be at Nardis next Tuesday. They mainly meet at Nardis, Mission Ridge, and A Place to Shoot.

I haven't gone yet. But, maybe I'll meet your wife there when I do.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Guy shooing an XD. Guns on table, unloaded, guy loads it, and draws the gun up. Right as he clears the table, he ND's.

Don't think it registered why I wasn't happy with him.

Top Bottom