• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I only shoot 9 because it's so much cheaper when you go through 5000 rounds a year. If .40 was comparable in price I'd totally shoot it instead.

x9dUvCuh.jpg

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Nothing but .40's for me! (please ignore that 1911 hiding on the right.. I bought it on my 21st birthday.. pretend it's not there).

Attachments

• IMG_7029.JPG
      IMG_7029.JPG
      925.5 KB · Views: 157

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Some will ignore the Glocks too. LOL!
    especially in .40!

if you based your opinion of .40 only on experience with Glocks, it may deserve the red-headed stepchild status that it has- but that's a Glock problem (mainly unsupported chamber), not a .40 problem... aftermarket barrels and you don't get kaboom, and you don't get "Glocked" pregnant brass.

Some would still think it's recoil is too "snappy", but that could be mitigated with load- I never found it an objection... but I also like 10mm.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    especially in .40!

if you based your opinion of .40 only on experience with Glocks, it may deserve the red-headed stepchild status that it has- but that's a Glock problem (mainly unsupported chamber), not a .40 problem... aftermarket barrels and you don't get kaboom, and you don't get "Glocked" pregnant brass.

Some would still think it's recoil is too "snappy", but that could be mitigated with load- I never found it an objection... but I also like 10mm.
    I was making a joke, not an opinion on .40 or Glocks. I own a .40 and I like it very much. I used to own Glocks, I just find there are other guns that fit me better now, but I still think that they are very reliable.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    I was making a joke, not an opinion on .40 or Glocks. I own a .40 and I like it very much. I used to own Glocks, I just find there are other guns that fit me better now, but I still think that they are very reliable.
    I realize it was meant as a joke... but "Glocksmilies" (I would call them "Glockfrowns") are a real thing:
    bulge_zpsa7f69c60.jpg

Those are fairly mild- Here's a bad one:
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wingman26.com%2Fimages%2Fshooting%2Fglock-brass.jpg

My point is that Glock's popularity + their unsupported chambers in .40S&W = lots of people with bad opinion of .40S&W based on experience with only Glocks.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    I realize it was meant as a joke... but "Glocksmilies" (I would call them "Glockfrowns") are a real thing:

Hm.. to be honest, I've not noticed this on any of my G-brand .40's. I'll take a look next time I dump a few mags. Are these perhaps from aftermarket barrels or a specific model/series of factory model/barrels?

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Hm.. to be honest, I've not noticed this on any of my G-brand .40's. I'll take a look next time I dump a few mags. Are these perhaps from aftermarket barrels or a specific model/series of factory model/barrels?
    They were most pronounced on Gen1 and early Gen2... they made a change from and to perfection in Gen2 that made it better, but it's still measurable... I've seen significant examples in Gen4 G23s... I've never seen it from an aftermarket barrel- in fact, it's one of their selling points.

If you dont reload, it's not a big deal - and Glock only recommends factory ammo, not reloads.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Considering the TiN plated, no longer imported, stainless HK USP, 40s&w is in the permanent collection...

The 40 cal isn't dying around here. Not this household.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I called 357 sig a dead caliber and 40 a dying caliber. Unshockingly several folks disagree, others were down right indignant in protest.

I had to quickly think on my feet to find a subject less controversial so my bear trap quick like mind deliverd to my fingertips the perfect game changer.

Confident in my quick thinking I typed "well 9mm is superior to 45apc". It worked like a charm as the Internet became quiet and peace desended upon the earth.

10 minutes later I realized it wasn't peace, rather it was the fact that the Internet locked up due to the tsunami of responses.

Seriously I think 357 sig and 40 are pretty much on the way down. No one really wants to buy them and during ammo shortages even 22lr is easier to find without lots of google-fu.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    during ammo shortages .40 was just about the only thing available outside of oddball rifle calibers. I could find it everywhere and the prices didn't increase nearly as dramatically as 22lr and other more commonly used calibers.

Top Bottom