• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ronf28

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Georgetown
    ive got mine in the mail as of tuesday, it should be here tue 30th (stupid xmas delaying my pistol). i purchased this from

SHOOTERS CONNECTION (502)570-4102 for $617.30 total.
    i was advised they had 7 left and will be selling them at the current price until current stock runs out, which will force them to order more at 2009 Q1 prices (650+)

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    Hey htxred, give me a break, Man.
    I'm not just a casual "now and then" shooter.
    I've been to a number of local ranges quite alot with mine since my October delivery.
    I have put at least a 2500 rounds thru it so far. Maybe not as many as you, since you work at a range, but plenty to know it well.

If you have ever read the Grand Power .pdf about it's conception and capabilities, it is at least as unpicky and tough as any Glock with no problems with grit, sand. water or anything!
    It is in direct competition with Glock for that...BUT, as you know, te GP6 has a factory modified very short sweet light trigger. Why would anyone buy a Glock now with the K100/GP6 available??

Canuck223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    how many rounds have you shot through yours? my guess would be not much.

pure design of it will explain that you need to maintain the gun or the slide will not rack back. its a ROTATING BBL that needs to be well oiled. when it gets dry and starts to have carbon buildup, how do you suppose it will rotate?

First off, I loved my K100 so much I pre-ordered the GP6. The trigger on the origional is fantastic, and I expect the GP6 to be better.

As for the reliablility of the gun, you are correct. Powder fouling will slow the slide and eventually lock the gun up.

I shoot IPSC and NRA Action Pistol. My ammo was loaded with Win 231. It shoots great, however it is a dirty powder. During a match, I will take the slide off and wipe out the fouling after a few stages. This is mostly for peace of mind. I have not had a single FTFeed or FTFire during a stage. When really dirty, it hasn't stopped during the action, but it has become hard to unload or hard to LAMR.

I will be switching to VV N320 as it is unbelievably clean burning.

As for the modifications made to be imported, the main difference is the new model has the serial number on the frame insert. My current gun is serial numbered on the slide and barrel only.

Canuck223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Oh, and I don't really oil the barrel much at all. When you get one in your hand you'll see that the only real friction point is the interface between the frame inserts cross pin and the cam cut on the barrel. It is such a wide and long path that I tend to use just a hypodermic needle drop of grease.

I use the same grease to very lightly lube the slide and rails.

I find a tiny bit of grease works better than oils like BreakFree or Militec, and collects less dirt.

Of course, I shoot in a colder, damper climate than most of Texas, and my methods might not suit your needs.

Canuck223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    But the GP6 is Not exactly as produced stock by Grand Power.
    STI required the Slovakian company to make improvements on it, before they would import and sell it in US.

All the other countries that have or will get K100s won't be as good as the GP6.

Among other improvements, the modified import has truly about the sweetest light trigger you'll EVER feel!
    AND the warranty by STI has not been voided by the trigger job, because they required it from Grand Power as "stock" for their GP6.

I feel So Lucky to own one!
    (at the "Pre-Obama" taxing price)
    Far and Away...my favorite pistol now in my numerous collection!~

The factory tuned trigger was available from the factory and didn't void the origional warranty.

STI needed the factory to alter the frame insert to allow the frame to be serialed to comply with US import laws. The previous models were serialed on the barrel and slide. Now I suspect all future product will carry three serial numbers.

The slide logo and new shaped hammer are essentially badge engineering to make this a more distinctive STI product. The product improvements other than the logo and hammer will most certainly be incorporated into future GP product. However, outside of Canada, most consumers will have only one source and won't be able to do a back-to-back comparison.

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    If you have ever read the Grand Power .pdf about it's conception and capabilities, it is at least as unpicky and tough as any Glock with no problems with grit, sand. water or anything!
    It is in direct competition with Glock for that...BUT, as you know, te GP6 has a factory modified very short sweet light trigger. Why would anyone buy a Glock now with the K100/GP6 available??[/quote]
    Are you serious? Don't get me wrong fellow enthusiast, I am a tremendous fan of the GP6, I too would choose one over a Glock, but as tough as a Glock with no problems whatsoever? Are you on STI payroll? It's a great gun, probably my favorite of the year and by far the easiest gun to sell this year, but it does require love and maintenance. Are you one of those guys that thinks the Kel-Tech is a fantastic, ultra-reliable gun? Not comparing the GP6 to a Kel-Tech, but statements like that make me think you could be that guy.

Canuck223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Are you serious? Don't get me wrong fellow enthusiast, I am a tremendous fan of the GP6, I too would choose one over a Glock, but as tough as a Glock with no problems whatsoever? Are you on STI payroll? It's a great gun, probably my favorite of the year and by far the easiest gun to sell this year, but it does require love and maintenance. Are you one of those guys that thinks the Kel-Tech is a fantastic, ultra-reliable gun? Not comparing the GP6 to a Kel-Tech, but statements like that make me think you could be that guy.

This gun isn't going to break the back of the Glock cult any time soon. However, for folks like me for whom the Glock grip never felt quite right, or pointed too high, the GP6 may well be an excellent alternative. The trigger is another matter all together. You may well label me "that guy" cuz it's the first truly great trigger I've felt on a factory gun in my 20 years of shooting.

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Not talking about your quote there my fellow gunner. That was refering to daddyseal saying the GP6 is as reliable as a Glock w/o having problems in reference to cleaning and such. You, snow gunner, are not THAT guy. Sorry for the confusion. I too prefer the GP6. It's just not as low maintenance as the Glock.

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    No, shilohshooters
    I'm not on anybodies payroll.
    Just a fan of the K100/GP6...after researching it 2 1/2 years ago, and learning how unigue and accurate it is(and winner of many International Shooting Competitions in France, Europe-Canada... then following it's import thru various companies before STI got it, waited anxiously thru all the many ATF, international export/import permitting, etc.

I had my down payment/order in thru a local FFL every since STI first announced their being the "coming importer" and with the incredably sweet factory trigger mod. and others when sold by them.

dS
    (I tend to give my pistols an initial lube, then use for a good period of time still "relatively gritty" (except checking that now excessive build up is occuring, and whip only...and cleaning the bore each time...during the breakin period) Just how I breaking them in. The GP6 is operating flawlessly "dirty" (better than more of mine have, except my Glocks)..and will fire about another thousand, or so rounds thru it before totally cleaning.

GJG in CT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I saw an ad for the GP-6 in the NRA magazine. No one in CT had one for me to see or wanted to order one. Anyway based on all the positive reports I saw on this sight, I ordered one from from you guys in Texas.

I should pick it up on Friday from the FFL, so I'll let you know next week how I like it.

Thanks for a great sight. I never would have purchased it blindly wihout your support.

Gary

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    Great!....GJG in CT
    Get ready for a treat!
    Something that feels so good in the hand, and about the "Sweetest Trigger" you may ever have felt...besides the great accuracy for a semi-compact pistol!

dS

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    I finally picked up my GP6 yesterday. What a nice feel for a pistol. This weekend I will get to see just how well it performs. Excited to say the least.
    Brad

GJG in CT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Gmofftarki:
    Since Hoffmans was on STI's dealer list I contacted them first via Email. Their customer service is lacking to say the least, never responded to my inquiry. Their loss, Dawson Precision in Texas treated me fine.

Gary

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    Got the chance to shoot my new GP6 today. Probably the best out of the box stock 9mm pistol I have ever shot! Very accurate with all shots in the black on a NRA slow fire target at 25 yards. I shot some from rest and some off hand just to get the feel for the pistol. The wife liked it also.

Brad

Top Bottom