Guns International

The New to Texas "New Guy" introduction!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    DFW
    Oh man, now I'm hungry! I think im sold on giving them a try. Since that worked out so well, once thoroughly stuffed anyone have good feedback or favorite spot for shooting ranges. My plinkers are typically steel case / Reloads / brass pickup friendly? I wouldn't mind driving a bit to find a outdoor spot versus a typical indoor pistol.
    ARJ Defense ad

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I'll watch "The Five," to see their take on this, and then Gutfeld is the only reason to watch Fox at all. Guess I'll save money, I can cancel Direct TV, no need for it without Fox, no need for Fox without Tucker!

missed-shot.gif

:laughing:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    DFW
    Man, sorry to hear about you being in Arlington. But hey, at least it's not Austin. I'm about 80 miles SE of you in Kaufman County, at the edge of the pine trees.

I have heard that a few times haha It seemed like a good starting spot on paper right in the middle for work / stuff to do for now. So far so good. I got to see a lot along the way from the highways and I am sure there's plenty more of Texas to discover. I appreciate all the Welcomes and recommendations. Even the not so welcoming ones, hey at least the forums alive!

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Willkommen from the Big Town. Lived in Dallas many moons ago. Depending where you hail from TexMex may be great or it may seem off based on Mexican food in other parts of the country. Mostly is is enchiladas and tacos, so ya can't go wrong. Also as @toddnjoyce said don't fill up on the rice and beans and I add the chips and salsa.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I have heard that a few times haha It seemed like a good starting spot on paper right in the middle for work / stuff to do for now. So far so good. I got to see a lot along the way from the highways and I am sure there's plenty more of Texas to discover. I appreciate all the Welcomes and recommendations. Even the not so welcoming ones, hey at least the forums alive!

When my wife and I were looking for apartments when we first moved up the highway to DFW, her one non-negotiable stipulation was "not Arlington, not Irving". She grew up in Allen, a little bit north of Dallas, so I just shrugged and said "yeah, okay."

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Oh, yeah, find somewhere with good fajitas for your TexMex experience. On The Border is pretty good for that, as I recall. It's been a while. Chili's actually has good fajitas - just remember, beef fajitas are the standard and should be your starting point. Then branch out to chicken (nah) or shrimp (yeah).

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Oh, yeah, find somewhere with good fajitas for your TexMex experience. On The Border is pretty good for that, as I recall. It's been a while. Chili's actually has good fajitas - just remember, beef fajitas are the standard and should be your starting point. Then branch out to chicken (nah) or shrimp (yeah).
    OTB is a reliable fajita place.
    If you ever find yourself in Krum, hit Miguelitos.
    Top shelf fajitas.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1qwerty
    Top Bottom