The New to Texas "New Guy" introduction!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ronbwolf

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Welcome, sorry about previous post, some problem in software, I deleted it (twice) and tried to edit it, but the software says I am not me. Don't know how it got crossed, just one of the pleasures of tech.

Anyway, welcome to Texas!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    DFW
    @General Zod @Cool 'Horn Luke Thank you! I did browse a bit more in the evening after and saw some great examples of folks the leave my head scratchin. Extreme Tactics and Training Solutions doesnt seem to far away and I think I have seen some reviews from youtube at that range. Glad to see longer than 200 yard options! Will check them out maybe this weekend.

@glenbo Thank you for the tip! I googled it and not to far away. A little bit of everything :weights:

Thank you to everyone in between for the welcomes!

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    You might want to check out Garland Gun Range in Garland. It's not to bad a drive for you.

If you ever decide to go there, let me know. That's the range I go to.

I'm not sure what the one time, life time membership is, but their web site should have all of the information you need.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Well..........I got nigh on 50yrs of construction experience....

Construction talk works!

A "hair" to the left...

Get up on it....

You dummsumbeech....(referring to the stoopervision wanting to do a hydro test....at ten below ZERO!)

NOT that WAY!

:green:

Well.....I've got a little over 54 years of construction experience.

Started out as a carpenters helper then a sub contractor, then a general contractor and
    the past 16 years as a superintendent in commercial ground up and TI.

As far as your stoopervision goes, he/her/it needs to go back as a helper, but y'all are
    unionized and we're not. So, it's easier to fire/run off the idiots here that where you are. :argue:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    DFW
    You might want to check out Garland Gun Range in Garland. It's not to bad a drive for you.

If you ever decide to go there, let me know. That's the range I go to.

I'm not sure what the one time, life time membership is, but their web site should have all of the information you need.

I haven't ventured to the other side of Dallas yet and its not to bad of a drive at all, Its on my list with a sticky note to shoot you a PM!
    Admission looks like $50 1st timer, $25 after that to cover the cost of your card and into.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I haven't ventured to the other side of Dallas yet and its not to bad of a drive at all, Its on my list with a sticky note to shoot you a PM!
    Admission looks like $50 1st timer, $25 after that to cover the cost of your card and into.
    Good thing about the $25.00 per day, is that it's for ALL day. You can leave and go back the same day for no extra charge, and the $50.00 is a one time, life time membership.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    DFW
    Good thing about the $25.00 per day, is that it's for ALL day. You can leave and go back the same day for no extra charge, and the $50.00 is a one time, life time membership.

I missed the part about being able to come and go the day. That is very handy! ammo run, food, pick up a buddy. thats a nice perk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I did not get to go to Abuelo’s last night. I tried to round up someone to go with with no luck. This weekend tho! Its on! The Grande with a El Jeffe or six? haha

giphy.gif

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    The ones in Houston taquerias with good cheap tacos & plates
    When I worked in town we had one by the office. We went in a little early for lunch and they would be frying up a pile of rellenos to fill the steamer tray. Get them to toss 3 or 4 on a plate right out of the fryer, side of frijoles, a ladle of carnitas, and salsa verde. A tall horchata fresca. Meal fit for an Emperor.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Welcome to Texas and TGT @The_Architect_23. As noted by @Cool 'Horn Luke, ETTS is a great range. It's a 50 minute one-way drive for me but worth it every time. Do note, however, if you want to shoot beyond the 200 yard range, you are required to purchase a membership which is think is about 70/month. Too steep for my frequency of shooting so I pay the $30 daily fee and spend time in the individual bays and the 50-100-200 ranges. Some of the individual bays have steel ready for you too - score! You can back your vehicle right up under a covered awning, there's a table and I recommend you bring a cooler with your water and a snack, along with a folding chair and you're in for a fun time. Holler if you want to get out and plink some time, although, I usually try to go on weekdays when I have a day off work.

You've some solid recommendations for Tex-Mex, so here's one for a delicious burger out in your area, Twisted Root Burger Co. Also, you have to go to Babe's Chicken Dinner House (although, I've only had Babe's in Granbury but expect the Arlington location to be just as good..?). Best fried chicken in DFW (their smoked chicken is excellent too).

Top Bottom