Venture Surplus ad

The New to Texas "New Guy" introduction!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    DFW
    Thank you! and @toddnjoyce I managed to round up a buddy to go to Abuelos with. Very good! got the Grande and had to take some home haha.

Attachments

• 20230429_122740.jpg
      20230429_122740.jpg
      531 KB · Views: 37

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    HAHA it was 11AM at that point, next time for sure

Time don’t matter except on Sundays when you can’t order alcohol of any type by the glass before 10am or noon depending on whether food is served with or not.

Can’t by beer or wine at retail before noon on Sunday and of course all the liquor stores are closed on Sunday except in the dry counties where they are closed all the time.

jwales

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2020
    DFW
    Welcome to DFW.
    Tex-Mex - in Coppell/Flower Mound area you can't go wrong with Ole's in Coppell or AnaMia's in both Coppell/Flower Mound/Southlake.
    Range time - try the DallasPistolClub.com - it's just centerfire pistols & rimfire pistols/rifles. Matches almost every weekend. During the week it's your own private range (most of the time).

rr2241tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    San Marcos
    Stopping in to say Hello and introduce myself to the forum.
    I am brand spankin new to Texas in the DFW area.
    Up until now I have only visited for work or friends so everything is still very new and exciting.

Custom 3D design, product development, prototyping and fabrication is my area of expertise. Parts / Accessories for other enthusiasts and exotic armaments has been my main business for almost 15 years.
    I am currently settled and looking for a decent company to call my day job as I wont be able to open for business for some time here just yet.
    Looking for folks local that want to go shoot, or just want to throw some advice my way to integrate a bit faster.

Happy to be aboard!
    Get yourself over to Joe T’s and follow their advice about what’s for dinner. Afterall, your friends will be visiting and you want to at least appear to know where to eat.

Benvenidos a Tejas!

Acemcdill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    Dallas
    Welcome to Texas and TGT @The_Architect_23. As noted by @Cool 'Horn Luke, ETTS is a great range. It's a 50 minute one-way drive for me but worth it every time. Do note, however, if you want to shoot beyond the 200 yard range, you are required to purchase a membership which is think is about 70/month. Too steep for my frequency of shooting so I pay the $30 daily fee and spend time in the individual bays and the 50-100-200 ranges. Some of the individual bays have steel ready for you too - score! You can back your vehicle right up under a covered awning, there's a table and I recommend you bring a cooler with your water and a snack, along with a folding chair and you're in for a fun time. Holler if you want to get out and plink some time, although, I usually try to go on weekdays when I have a day off work.

You've some solid recommendations for Tex-Mex, so here's one for a delicious burger out in your area, Twisted Root Burger Co. Also, you have to go to Babe's Chicken Dinner House (although, I've only had Babe's in Granbury but expect the Arlington location to be just as good..?). Best fried chicken in DFW (their smoked chicken is excellent too).
    Man I had no idea ETTS had 100-200 ranges for Day use people..I'd always just grabbed a bay

Top Bottom