• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    It would be worth it to be the "fly on the wall" at the NSA if this event goes off. All of the catch words being spewed in several million emails and the alerts flying. But then, the NSA is, most likely, already aware of this stunt and they'll take it for what it is....a stunt.

Still be funny to crash the servers.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Yep, lets disable the agency responsible for monitoring and collecting intel.

The saying "don't cut off your nose to spite your face" comes to mind.

Are we children?

Oh come on lol. You telling me it doesn't bother you in the least that the NSA scans virtually all types of communication with little or no regard to privacy?

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Oh come on lol. You telling me it doesn't bother you in the least that the NSA scans virtually all types of communication with little or no regard to privacy?

Have you not read his previous posts before? Of course he is ok with it

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I'm not clicking the link or participating in any such stunt. All I need ismsome freaking terrorist to slip communications through by instigating a stunt of this sort.

I'm neither happy or excited about the intrusions into my privacy. But I don't have a better alternative either. Thankfully, my law abiding butt has nothing to hide from those that will defend the nation.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm neither happy or excited about the intrusions into my privacy. But I don't have a better alternative either. Thankfully, my law abiding butt has nothing to hide from those that will defend the nation.

This reminds me of a Ben Franklin quote. I heard many people justify the patriot act with the whole "I don't have anything to hide" line and they were missing the point entirely.

Personally, I believe that all the intrusion and infringements on our constitutional rights prove that the terrorists are winning the battle.

They wanted to change our way of life and have succeeded. People, even some on this board, are willing to let the .gov monitor all of their communications in hopes of being a little bit safer.

This will be abused. Personally, I don't give a damn what happens to the NSA at the moment. They should be watching other nations, not this one, and not by collecting EVERYONES information.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    This reminds me of a Ben Franklin quote. I heard many people justify the patriot act with the whole "I don't have anything to hide" line and they were missing the point entirely.

Personally, I believe that all the intrusion and infringements on our constitutional rights prove that the terrorists are winning the battle.

They wanted to change our way of life and have succeeded. People, even some on this board, are willing to let the .gov monitor all of their communications in hopes of being a little bit safer.

This will be abused. Personally, I don't give a damn what happens to the NSA at the moment. They should be watching other nations, not this one, and not by collecting EVERYONES information.

While we agree on many points here, that is not the topic of this thread. The topic is citizens intentionally disabling the ability of an arm of our govt to to protect us.

Many threats come from within our borders. You know that.

While I do not like the gov randomly and without cause monitoring me, we are spiting ourselves if we disable their systems. You are fueling the terrorists when you do that.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Let's be clear, they want to kill you. They want you dead. They don't care if the NSA listens to you complain about no getting laid. They want you DEAD. They don't care if the DHS searches your car. They want you DEAD.

I am not OK with the DHS searching my car or the NSA listening to me complain about my aching knee (I stopped complaining about not getting laid YEARS ago), but UBL did not plan and execute 9/11, nor did any other terrorists acts happen to affect those things.

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    It would be worth it to be the "fly on the wall" at the NSA if this event goes off. All of the catch words being spewed in several million emails and the alerts flying. But then, the NSA is, most likely, already aware of this stunt and they'll take it for what it is....a stunt.

I remember doing this very same thing with a pretty large group (for the 90's) back in the mid 90's. Didn't have much affect then, nobody ever came knockin'

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    While we agree on many points here, that is not the topic of this thread. The topic is citizens intentionally disabling the ability of an arm of our govt to to protect us.

Many threats come from within our borders. You know that.

While I do not like the gov randomly and without cause monitoring me, we are spiting ourselves if we disable their systems. You are fueling the terrorists when you do that.

Your right, it's not like they would ever target little old lady's just out for a spot of tea at a party. Our government would never do that.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Let's be clear, they want to kill you. They want you dead. They don't care if the NSA listens to you complain about no getting laid. They want you DEAD. They don't care if the DHS searches your car. They want you DEAD.

I am not OK with the DHS searching my car or the NSA listening to me complain about my aching knee (I stopped complaining about not getting laid YEARS ago), but UBL did not plan and execute 9/11, nor did any other terrorists acts happen to affect those things.

Really, they want to kill me? I never realized that. I thought they just wanted to be mildly annoying.

Hell, let me just hand my right over so I can be "safe". They did a great job in Boston after all.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Ouch, but TI has already handled the brunt of my position. I don't believe clandestinely overloading a system is the right action. Heck with this administration, it WILL cost us billions. Why? Cause I believe the response will be to spend whatever it takes to upgrade the capacity and scope so that it could not happen again. That'll get expensive quickly.

I also happen to believe those that seek to destroy our nation and our people are way smarter than most are willing to believe. A shutdown like the one described is an attack on our government. It also happens that it's great cover for an attack on our people.

In the 90s I was part of the group that shut down Howard University by occupying the Administration building. In hindsight, it was a petty protest that succeeded in nothing but the garnering of national media attention and the launch of a few political careers. We released the campus when the dialogue was opened, but no substantial change resulted directly.

Top Bottom