• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yep, lets disable the agency responsible for monitoring and collecting intel.

The saying "don't cut off your nose to spite your face" comes to mind.

Are we children?

If they were limiting it to legitimate intel, but they're collecting data on ALL OF US. They're way out of line with what they're doing.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    While we agree on many points here, that is not the topic of this thread. The topic is citizens intentionally disabling the ability of an arm of our govt to to protect us.

Many threats come from within our borders. You know that.

While I do not like the gov randomly and without cause monitoring me, we are spiting ourselves if we disable their systems. You are fueling the terrorists when you do that.

The biggest threat to us is definitely inside our own borders, and it's our own government.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Tell it!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think I just did.

The odds of being killed by a terrorist (18 of the 22 largest "prevented" attacks were planned and mostly executed by the government as "sting" operations...) is somewhere around being hit by lightning as you're being attacked by a shark just after finding out your Mega Millions ticket won the jackpot.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    When I worked at NSA we used to love this nonsense. We needed bigger budgets and upgraded computers, and the more volume there was the more easily it could be justified.

UDC is proof this is still the case.

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Apparently it's over and done with, but If I had seen this earlier I would have wagered big money that this little exercise wouldn't even faze those who may be watching.

Other than the fact if the number of the exact same message got rather large than the owner of that particular website would likely get a phone call saying no one was amused and some speech about intentionally interfering with a government agency, etc.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    There are ways to screw with their system, though. Mostly it tracks who you call, when, where from, etc. and looks for patterns. If you've had an established pattern for the past few years, give it a 180 for a couple weeks. Call different numbers, change times and cities you call people from if you can.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are ways to screw with their system, though. Mostly it tracks who you call, when, where from, etc. and looks for patterns. If you've had an established pattern for the past few years, give it a 180 for a couple weeks. Call different numbers, change times and cities you call people from if you can.

Oh, you mean like getting a call from a blocked or private number and answering it with "It's done.....but there's blood everywhere!" and then just hanging up?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    guys guys guys.

there is no way that computer is going to overload. at most it might be a nice little stress test.
    a
    in fact i bet this was a flase flag operation by the us govt to get the freedom movement to help them with a network diagnostic.

oh shit now their on this one.
    lmao.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    While we agree on many points here, that is not the topic of this thread. The topic is citizens intentionally disabling the ability of an arm of our govt to to protect us.

Many threats come from within our borders. You know that.

While I do not like the gov randomly and without cause monitoring me, we are spiting ourselves if we disable their systems. You are fueling the terrorists when you do that.

Frankly I don't think the NSA can protect us, nor do I want their protection. Wtf ever happened to personal responsibility. If my AR can't protect me from the mean, nasty turrrists then ohhh freaking well, live free or die is my philosophy.

Seriously my great great great great uncle who fought in the war for Texas independence would spit in my face if I willingly gave up my freedoms like this for a bit of false security.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I believe that Walt Kelly's cartoon character Pogo said it best, "We has met the enemy and it is us."

NSA can fish the internet all they want. What we do here is in the public domain as soon as we hit the Post button.
    On the other hand, unfettered access to emails is akin to opening and reading letters sent through the post office. Those are supposed to be private and not subject to a general search. A search with a warrant of specific mail from or to specific individuals is one thing.

Phone records and call logs should in my view require the same level of cause as searching mail through the post office.
    For decades, the NSA has recorded all land line calls within 50 miles or so of Washington, DC. The program was IIRC named "Fisher."

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    Echelon, back in the day, was a wide net gathering electronic information private or not. To get around constitutional issues, it was done from Europe if I remember correctly. I've slept since then.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas

The telemarketers must really confuse them! I ordered a 'works' pizza from Papa Johns last night using my computer and the guy that delivered it looked like a NSA guy. I hope that I tipped him enough!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The telemarketers must really confuse them! I ordered a 'works' pizza from Papa Johns last night using my computer and the guy that delivered it looked like a NSA guy. I hope that I tipped him enough!

Pretty obvious when a number is being used for telemarketing, though. Plus, reverse lookup.

The amount of information they can get from this is frightening. It's a huge breach, and the fact that the "warrants" come from secret proceedings in a court that isn't answerable to the people should scare us all.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom