Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Why hide your stuff when it’s constitutionally protected?

Same reason you would hide arms such as a suppressor you made in your garage or a hand grenade a buddy stole from Ft. Hood.
    The limits of constitutional protections, unfortunately, are becoming more fluid, dynamic and unclear.

If it's illegal just don't HAVE it.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Same reason you would hide arms such as a suppressor you made in your garage or a hand grenade a buddy stole from Ft. Hood.
    The limits of constitutional protections, unfortunately, are becoming more fluid, dynamic and unclear.

If it's illegal just don't HAVE it.

Hmmm. <Looks around...shrugs>. All my shit’s legal. I’m not a criminal and don’t consort with criminals, which is what your examples indicate.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    The GOA has a pre-written letter that you can add your name to and send to "President Trump reminding him to keep the promises he made to us on the campaign trail to defend our God-given rights."

When my wife and I tried to add our names to it their site was running really slow, so we will try it again later.

Maybe if enough of us add our names the letter he will think twice about what he does concerning further infringement on our 2A rights.

GOA also has a pre-written letter to Senators.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Cut and paste link here to get around pay wall. Outline.com
    hmm... Good idea, but doesn't seem to work for wsj.com
    upload_2019-8-7_22-17-22.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-7_22-17-22.png
      upload_2019-8-7_22-17-22.png
      3.1 KB · Views: 294

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Still getting a bad feeling about all this. Trump keeps rumbling about background checks, and it's not clear what he means.

https://www.greenwichtime.com/news/article/Trump-warned-by-NRA-over-background-checks-14288843.php

^^^This right here is why we should have never allowed the bump stock ban to happen. Per the above, Joe Manchin, in trying to convince Trump to support UBC's, told Trump that he banned bump stocks and "didn't take any hit on that".

If he does this I'm done with him and might even join the impeachment chorus. At minimum we need to be thinking about an alternative to primary him. This is a deal killer for me.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Pence would be better, but I'm almost at the point where I don't care. We keep propping up the GOP despite the perpetual betrayals on almost every issue, and we gave them the proverbial 2x4 across the head with Trump, and now the 2x4 might be about to betray us also.

This is crap. UBC's would have prevented none of this. NONE. Why is that so hard to understand?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    At minimum we need to be thinking about an alternative to primary him.
    Good luck finding anyone better.
    Even if he goes off the deep end on this I doubt anyone could successfully primary him. Finding someone better might actually require deciding which democrat is least intolerable.

I don't like it but that may be the way things turn out.

Wow. What a downer of a thought...

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Good luck finding anyone better.

In time for 2020, probably not. But we need to play long ball here and let Democrats and Republicans need to know they will not get the votes if they go to the gun control. It is a losing issue.

Both Dems and Reps knew that since Clinton, but it seems to be forgotten now.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Pence would be better, but I'm almost at the point where I don't care. We keep propping up the GOP despite the perpetual betrayals on almost every issue, and we gave them the proverbial 2x4 across the head with Trump, and now the 2x4 might be about to betray us also.

This is crap. UBC's would have prevented none of this. NONE. Why is that so hard to understand?
    First of all, you're being a bit hyperbolic. I wasn't talking about propping up the GOP, but I have seen what the Dems have to offer. I believe that most, if not all, Republican politicians would have caved to much bigger demands. Let's take a deep breath and worry about what is proposed and not what is speculated.

Top Bottom