• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Take a deep breath. Don't worry as much about what he says, pay attention to what he actually does.
    Guns International

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    If he does this I'm done with him and might even join the impeachment chorus. At minimum we need to be thinking about an alternative to primary him. This is a deal killer for me.
    Seriously? Go from supporting him to "IMPEACH!"??? No "high crimes and misdemeanors" needed for you...just disagree with (not yet even real) legislation and impeach???
    I have to hope that the bulk of his followers have more fortitude.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Seriously? Go from supporting him to "IMPEACH!"??? No "high crimes and misdemeanors" needed for you...just disagree with (not yet even real) legislation and impeach???
    Trying to pass gun control should be considered treason.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good luck finding anyone better.

Note to self.....another bullet point in the list of reasons I always supported Ted Cruz over that NYC former Democrat.
    Though I've beat that deceased equine to excess.

Ain't gonna happen...but there are any number of GOP leaders that I'd vote for over Trump.
    There, most certainly, are no Democrats that I'd vote for over Trump!

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have little trust because of bump stocks and no real push back.
    Trump is a NYC liberal at heart. It is how he was raised. Not his fault. No understanding of and thus very little respect for 2nd Amendment issues.

Amen. He poured a barrel of KY on the slippery slope.

206_550x550_Front_Color-NA.jpg

Attachments

• 206_550x550_Front_Color-NA.jpg
      206_550x550_Front_Color-NA.jpg
      27.3 KB · Views: 256

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I have little trust because of bump stocks and no real push back.
    Trump is a NYC liberal at heart. It is how he was raised. Not his fault. No understanding of and thus very little respect for 2nd Amendment issues.

He has a long history of being anti-gun. It is well documented, I am not sure why folks do not understand that. Add in his actions Fix NICs, Bump Stock Ban, Support for AWB, UBG, and no support for anything pro-gun, HPA, 50 state reciprocity, you have to wonder just how much longer he can keep fooling some folks.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin

I said I "might" support impeachment; that's if he signs off on UBC's. If he signs off on any kind of ban again, I will absolutely support impeachment. Realistically it's probably too late for that so primarying him would be the better option. In either event he loses my vote if he supports this crap. I've patiently given this party far more support than they deserve and I'm at the breaking point. Later than many, I will add.

I was a somewhat reluctant supporter to begin with. I mainly voted for him because of judicial appointments, which is about the only thing the GOP has done well in a while and even that is far from perfect. With an open SC seat sitting there and Hillary chomping at the bit to install another left-wing lunatic, I had no choice.

To be sure, I've been pleasantly surprised at many if not most of the things Trump has done so far, but the inner liberal in him is always bubbling just below the surface. He can say the right things at times but as others have noted he's not a pro-gun true believer at heart and he doesn't have the arguments internalized to any significant degree. That's true of any number of issues with him, btw. It is what is it and I can accept it so long as he remembers who put him in office and holds true to the promises he made to conservatives. But the bump stock ban, and particularly the way he bullied it through when he didn't have to, was a huge red flag to me - at minimum he no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt because of that. He can't play these silly distraction games with this issue any more. Just stand up and fight these people like he does on other fronts.

What I really don't understand is what does he expect capitulation on this will do for him? The left already despises him at uncharted levels and giving them UBC's is not going to swing any of their votes his way. All it will do is further alienate conservatives who are on hair-triggers to abandon the GOP anyway. I mean, it can be reasonably argued that Trump is the only thing holding the party together and this will essentially give the middle finger to a some of his most staunch supporters. Even if he doesn't particularly support the 2A, this seems like political suicide.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I'll either not vote or vote for the Libertarian candidate if he or she is an actual libertarian. Given their track record lately, that's very unlikely.
    You along with others doing the same would likely hand the election to the Dem if there are enough of you. Sometimes you just have to go with the lesser of two evils.

Sorry if this offends you, but Ginsburg likely won't last another 4 years so I am going with Trump regardless.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    IMO, implementing and enforcing an unconstitutional law, is an impeachable offense.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we need to throw out anyone who has ever supported or signs a bill in to law that was later thrown out by SCOTUS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    No Trump? ... kiss your deplorable white, brown black, Patriot ass goodbye ... the leftist don't give a tinker's damn about you.

Yeah, that's right ... go ahead, hand it to them.

Top Bottom