• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    On the border bill, they felt that making some progress on the border was better than none. I may or may not agree with that. But based on that alone (especially when the above list is taken into account) I would not label them liberal. And no person thinking rationally would.
    This is the problem. The bill was not some progress at all, in fact the exact opposite. It gave the left everything they wanted and even went so far as codify into law that we actually HAVE an open border.

It was an absolute disaster for anyone thinking we need a secure border and the WSJ EB gave it their stamp of approval, period.

I get we're never going to agree 100% on every issue. However, that one is a massive one to disagree on and I think @General Zod's Romney comparison was entirely appropriate.

JoyJack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    Breckenridge, Texas
    mind your own business!!
    Respect Other Posters
    It's common for topics to get heated, but we will not tolerate people growing belligerent or getting out of hand. If you feel that a thread has exceeded its limit, please report the thread for the admin/mod staff. We are all gun people, we are all playing on the same team.

* No threats of any kind allowed.
    * Keep the family of others out of your arguments.
    * No racial or religious comments.
    * If you want to just insult people go somewhere else

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    The point is that some people today disagree on one point, and based on that one point the person/paper/organization they disagree with is wholly condemned.

As human beings, we will never agree with anyone on EVERYTHING. But when we agree on most things, we should not wholly condemn the other. This is my point. I do not know how to explain it any simpler.

As I pointed out the WSJ editorial board has taken the following stands (as anyone who ACTUALLY READS IT will know):
    • Strong 2A stance
    • Strong 1A stance
    • Against government agencies having unrestricted power and usurping legislative authority (think ATF, EPA, IRS, etc.)
    • Pro U.S. military
    • Anti-woke
    • Anti-ESG
    • Anti-DEI
    • Points out the danger in the global warming cult drive, in terms of cost to people and instability of the grid
    • Points out hypocrisy of global warming elites
    • Hypocrisy of charging Trump for offenses liberals commit while not being charged
    • Supports SCOTUS justices who believe in the Constitution as it was written
    And I could go on and on.

If this list does not sound conservative, then I don't know what is.

On the border bill, they felt that making some progress on the border was better than none. I may or may not agree with that. But based on that alone (especially when the above list is taken into account) I would not label them liberal. And no person thinking rationally would.
    Well written !

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Elections have consequences. Think about if you won a grand prize and the prize was dinner with a world leader and your choice was Putin or potato. Which would you choose? I'd have to give the criminal Putin the nod over the criminal Biden because he is a traitor to his nation.

Our GOP Senate leader blanking

1707589106416.png

Leader of the free world lost

1707589456296.png

The leader waiting in the wings?
    1707589626807.png

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This is the problem. The bill was not some progress at all, in fact the exact opposite. It gave the left everything they wanted and even went so far as codify into law that we actually HAVE an open border.

It was an absolute disaster for anyone thinking we need a secure border and the WSJ EB gave it their stamp of approval, period.

I get we're never going to agree 100% on every issue. However, that one is a massive one to disagree on and I think @General Zod's Romney comparison was entirely appropriate.
    We don't really need new laws of any type. We just need to enforce the laws that exist. But that won't happen under Biden.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    We don't really need new laws of any type. We just need to enforce the laws that exist. But that won't happen under Biden.
    Totally agree. But this bill would have brought new laws that loosen the laws already on the books, which was my point and is why the bill died, as it should have. So you actually make my point about the WSJ EB stance on this issue, which is that it was a step in the right direction when it was the opposite.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Totally agree. But this bill would have brought new laws that loosen the laws already on the books, which was my point and is why the bill died, as it should have. So you actually make my point about the WSJ EB stance on this issue, which is that it was a step in the right direction when it was the opposite.
    If you would read my posts, my point was that one editorial, in light of many conservatives stances on critical issues, does not make the board liberal.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Really all this over a can of Qùeer beer?
    Bud lost it ass BIG time.
    The trans thing has been put in a box.
    The phucking gay idiot who hired it and teamed up with gay marketing things and producers is History.
    Yet some are still feeling uneasy about a phuqing can of queer beer.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Seems like a weird hill to fight for, but Trump is just a stream of his consciousness all the time. He just needs to shut up sometimes.

LOL, I'll vote for him over Biden, but DeSantis was my choice.
    Absolutely, DeSantis or even Haley over Trump = however even my ex wife over Biden!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    We were somewhere recently and I said wtf and ordered a Bud Light in a bottle then another. It was just as good as I remembered for so much of my life as my favorite beer. I haven't paid for any 12-packs to bring home yet because I found Karbach with a lime flavor I really like but not exclusively.

At my age I won't deprive myself of something I really like (legally) because of some political boycott. I put my big boy pants on and just do it.
    <>

You will be known by the (BEER) company you keep

It is not known as “QUEER BEER” undeservedly !

<>

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom