Gun Zone Deals

TV Programs You Enjoy Watching..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    monstrosity that is Discovery:
    I am a total heretic on this subject. I liked the look of that ship. I won't try to justify that. It was just weird enough for me to like it solely for being so different.

On the subject of newly-seen ships in that episode, what was that tiny, single-nacelle ship parked next to the Enterprise at space dock? It wasn't a Hermes or Saladin class; it was too small. It's possible it was a perspective trick and it was moored very far away but my first impression was that it was on the same level as the Enterprise.

Some kind of fan service I'm not savvy about?
    Military Camp

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I am a total heretic on this subject. I liked the look of that ship. I won't try to justify that. It was just weird enough for me to like it solely for being so different.

On the subject of newly-seen ships in that episode, what was that tiny, single-nacelle ship parked next to the Enterprise at space dock? It wasn't a Hermes or Saladin class; it was too small. It's possible it was a perspective trick and it was moored very far away but my first impression was that it was on the same level as the Enterprise.

Some kind of fan service I'm not savvy about?

Looked similar to the USS Archer from the series premiere, the one that Number One was commanding when she went missing on that late 20th century-tech world that suddenly had antimatter bombs that Pike had to talk down from destroying themselves...although Archer's pylon down to the nacelle was different. It's also similar to some of the ship designs that came out of the FASA roleplaying game back in the early to mid 80s...though I never really liked the "dish-plus-nacelle = starship" designs.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    In recent years my wife and I have been glued to reruns of Adam 12, a show we both haven't seen since we were children, along with Wagon Train (never seen it) and Trackdown with Robert Culp. Right now, we are obsessed with Columbo, a show I really didn't watch back in the day. Extremely well written, great casting and Peter Falk was excellent, a great all-time character. You can see we are kinda old fogies, but the more modern contemporary shows we have enjoyed recently include Better Call Saul, Reacher (On Amazon Prime), and the first season of True Detective.

Love the old Adam 12 series. Where are you finding True Detective?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I've discovered "Slow Horses" on Apple+ - Gary Oldman starring in a very unusual series about burned out and demoted MI5 agents in London, basically the red-headed stepchildren the agency can't fire but can certainly send to a dead-end office so disregarded they have to register as "visitors" if they visit the main headquarters downtown. So of course they get mixed up in high-profile cases and find leads the other offices overlook.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I've discovered "Slow Horses" on Apple+ - Gary Oldman starring in a very unusual series about burned out and demoted MI5 agents in London, basically the red-headed stepchildren the agency can't fire but can certainly send to a dead-end office so disregarded they have to register as "visitors" if they visit the main headquarters downtown. So of course they get mixed up in high-profile cases and find leads the other offices overlook.
    Great show, Gary Oldman is outstanding.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Love the old Adam 12 series. Where are you finding True Detective?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I did not do a search for this TD show online for tv channels and availability.

If you can get an inter - library video or book loan (Local county, from other counties IN your own state or from other states.) or one already IN STOCK at your local library - they may have the 3 older and already made TRUE DETECTIVE series in stock.

We donated our 3 TD complete sets - series to the MC Library and the last that I saw online, they still have them in stock.

I want to see the 4th NEW True Detective series.

It looks very interesting - it is about MISSING scientists - missing people! Out of the blue!

Cate

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Wife and I binged out on "Longmire".
    Great series, well written, solid acting. Drama, with some humor sprinkled in. We were sad to get to the end, but heard they may start shooting again (so to speak).

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    22e2874e7e381aa4906cdcb743dc7976.jpg

Still Game on Netflix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I dont watch often, but its a favorite.

When I was in Ukraine last year ran into a Scot who's ex-GF had been involved in its production.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Great series, well written, solid acting. Drama, with some humor sprinkled in. We were sad to get to the end, but heard they may start shooting again (so to speak).
    My husband kept his complete set of LONGMIRE.

We enjoyed it very much and we still watch it on and off too.

Cate

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

I need to pick that one up again. Good show, I just ran out of available time to watch it a couple of years ago.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I was pleasantly surprised by Katee Sackhoff. I hated her on Battlestar Galactica. Turns out it was just the way her character was written. She was great on Longmire and is amazing on The Mandalorian.
    Until a couple of minutes ago, I couldn't imagine anything that would convince me to watch Longmire or The Mandalorian.

I don't know whether to thank you or curse you.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Until a couple of minutes ago, I couldn't imagine anything that would convince me to watch Longmire or The Mandalorian.

I don't know whether to thank you or curse you.

She shows up in season 2 onward playing a character she did the voice for in the "Clone Wars" and "Rebels" cartoons - Bo-Katan Kryze. Of course, to know how she fits in to the plotline she is heavily involved in during season 3, you'll have to start watching from season one...but hey, it's the best space western since Firefly.

Bo Katan.jpg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Now you're layin' it on kinda thick, doncha think?

Nope. Though it does slowly morph into "Lone Wolf and Cub" and then almost a King Arthur story, it definitely starts as a Western and it's good. Very good. Main character doesn't even say a single word until after the first action sequence (a bar fight) is done. All that was missing was a score by Ennio Morricone.

Top Bottom