Lynx Defense

TV Programs You Enjoy Watching..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    We just watched 3 seasons of Pennyworth. It's about Alfred Pennyworth, Batman's butler. We liked it but it doesn't look like they're bringing it back for next season.
    It's canceled. I couldn't finish season 3. I might give it another try if I get bored this summer. I loved the first season.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    The LAST season of ENDEAVOR started on PBS here in Montana on Sunday night.

I do not know what you have in your state 'schedule wise' or even if you watch much of PBS - British mystery shows, nature shows, etc.

I like this show! I think that the cast is outstanding in this show. I love the GREEN and lush scenery too!

Old Lady Cate

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    New season of "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds" has started. Best Trek since DS9 ended - and despite a hint of the wokeness that made "Discovery" unwatchable, this one's good. It's a prequel to the orginal series, following the Enterprise under Captain Christopher Pike, with his first officer Number One and a young Vulcan lieutenant named Spock.

Plus...it's episodic like the original show. There are a few themes that evolve from one episode to the next, but you can pick a random episode and watch it without missing anything important to its self-contained story.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    New season of "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds" has started. Best Trek since DS9 ended - and despite a hint of the wokeness that made "Discovery" unwatchable, this one's good. It's a prequel to the orginal series, following the Enterprise under Captain Christopher Pike, with his first officer Number One and a young Vulcan lieutenant named Spock.

Plus...it's episodic like the original show. There are a few themes that evolve from one episode to the next, but you can pick a random episode and watch it without missing anything important to its self-contained story.

This season, Carol Kane joins the cast. I was worried at first about her fitting in....but, in her first two minutes of screen time, I can tell she'll be the best thing about this season.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    This season, Carol Kane joins the cast. I was worried at first about her fitting in....but, in her first two minutes of screen time, I can tell she'll be the best thing about this season.

My only complaint is the accent she's using...I expect Andy Kaufman to show up as her husband Latka any moment. But the character, and Ms Kane herself...delightful. I can tell she's going to be fun, like some mischievous elf being put in charge of Engineering. And if Cmdr Pelia's first name turns out to be "Simka", I might have to get over the accent when I'm done laughing.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Did you read the book? It does get weird, esp the end of the book.
    Lots of Stephen King works get weird. The end (well, the escape from the sewers) of "It", if it were written today, would create a total media firestorm.
    I agree with Zod. I like the start of the series but didn't like it as it went on.
    It started well and then went completely off the rails. Under the Dome essentially fell off a cliff and became unwatchable.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Yes. Sadly, yes. "Sadly" because I've watched (wasted?) so many hours of sub-par stuff just because "Star Trek" was in the title; I'm a little salty about that.

The one good thing Discovery brought us was Anson Mount's performance as Pike, which made "Strange New Worlds" happen. And it appears to be turning its back on Discovery, as this season's premiere episode featured a "Crossfield class starship" that looked not a damn thing like Discovery. And also, they fixed the Klingons back from the stupid purple things wearing birdcages that were in Discovery. There were proper Klingons a-plenty, swilling blood wine and shouting at each other.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...this season's premiere episode featured a "Crossfield class starship" that looked not a damn thing like Discovery.
    To be fair, "It looks like a Crossfield class..." was in response to sighting a scrounged-from-parts, half-finished knock-off not built by Star Fleet and intended to survive only a handful of minutes, just long enough to start a war. I doubt the in-universe builders cared very much about authenticity. :)

ETA - Trek geeking is guaranteed to derail any thread on TGT. And I don't mind a bit. :)

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    To be fair, "It looks like a Crossfield class..." was in response to sighting a scrounged-from-parts, half-finished knock-off not built by Star Fleet and intended to survive only a handful of minutes, just long enough to start a war. I doubt the in-universe builders cared very much about authenticity. :)

ETA - Trek geeking is guaranteed to derail any thread on TGT. And I don't mind a bit. :)

Yeah, but Discovery as a Crossfield class cruiser was...well, a Star Destroyer with nacelles and that silly spinning dish. The one in the episode looked like the "Ares Class" from the Axanar fan film that cause such a freakout at Paramount - a much smaller ship with frankly a more aesthetically pleasing design.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    a Star Destroyer with nacelles and that silly spinning dish.
    The defining feature, for me, was the ring of nothing in the saucer section. However wrong the ship on this episode was (What was with the weapons pod between the nacelles?), it was still missing a ring. It looked like a big donut around a smaller one.

So, at a glance, a passable Crossfield. Reasonable?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    The defining feature, for me, was the ring of nothing in the saucer section. However wrong the ship on this episode was (What was with the weapons pod between the nacelles?), it was still missing a ring. It looked like a big donut around a smaller one.

So, at a glance, a passable Crossfield. Reasonable?

Eh, I dunno. It had to be much, much smaller than Discovery in order to have been rebuilt in that cavern - it looked smaller than Reliant in Star Trek II.

This rather attractive ship that really does kind of resemble Reliant:
    startrekbridgecrossfield.jpg

vs the monstrosity that is Discovery:

DiscoSucks.jpg

They do both have the pointless void in the saucer section, but otherwise everything is different, including the sense of scale I had for the mystery ship. The rollbar weapons pod wasn't unusual on some of the smaller TNG ships, and between the downsloping nacelles with the rollbar, and the engineering hull tucked up under the back of the saucer...I couldn't really see any similarities to Discovery (thankfull).

I'm hopeful that, just like fixing the Klingons and their ships, this episode just retconned Discovery into a more attractive ship class.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Yes. Sadly, yes. "Sadly" because I've watched (wasted?) so many hours of sub-par stuff just because "Star Trek" was in the title; I'm a little salty about that.

The one good thing Discovery brought us was Anson Mount's performance as Pike, which made "Strange New Worlds" happen. And it appears to be turning its back on Discovery, as this season's premiere episode featured a "Crossfield class starship" that looked not a damn thing like Discovery. And also, they fixed the Klingons back from the stupid purple things wearing birdcages that were in Discovery. There were proper Klingons a-plenty, swilling blood wine and shouting at each other.
    I love star trek!
    Screenshot_20230619_154016_Chrome.jpg

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    In recent years my wife and I have been glued to reruns of Adam 12, a show we both haven't seen since we were children, along with Wagon Train (never seen it) and Trackdown with Robert Culp. Right now, we are obsessed with Columbo, a show I really didn't watch back in the day. Extremely well written, great casting and Peter Falk was excellent, a great all-time character. You can see we are kinda old fogies, but the more modern contemporary shows we have enjoyed recently include Better Call Saul, Reacher (On Amazon Prime), and the first season of True Detective.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    TX o,

Thanks for reminding me these 'show's are still there...

Oh, but such old time perspectives is so welcome where the abomination of the word 'pride' had yet to be been hijacked - OK, nah, just a reminder when TV shows didn't celebrate homo/pedo garbage is kinda a reminder that this pestilence won't exist forever...it will be stamped out.

Pervs don't rule...unless you let them!

Top Bottom