• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    1.5 million Uke refugees in Poland alone. Call it 750,000 male. Of that 750,000, thats around 250,000 military aged Uke men. Say 200,000 have both hands and both feet and are ambulatory. I’ll even half that for argument’s sake. 100,000 uke riflemen. Hiding in Poland.

When your nation is invaded, you don’t waste time checking for bad teeth, flat feet, or scoliosis. Or infantry school. It’s time to fight. Don’t give me that crap about it’s mostly women and children who ran from Ukraine. I saw who ran from Kuwait, Afghanistan, and across the Med to Italy when Syria flared up. Mom and the kids are at the house hoping daddy comes home, but they don’t realize the bastard already tapped out.

I say we don’t give Ukraine another effin penny until the ones that ran pick up a rifle and go back. I’ve absolutely had it with our children bleeding into someone else’s dirt, and that’s where we’re headed, again.

And why are we acting like nuclear weapons don’t exist? If vlad pushes the button, do our people in DC figure on all his people ignoring a launch order? If only one goes off, can you imagine the result?

If a nuke goes off in Europe, even if you get it stopped there, look out around India and Pakistan. Those crazy fuckers will hit each other. And the Norks will know we won’t tolerate their program anymore, so you got to worry about those shits hitting RoK and the Japanese.

With our current pop culture, no one realizes we set off over 400 above ground nuclear weapons in Nevada. We’re reaping the long term health effects, but we’re still here. When your average 20 something sees the words “trans-Pacific Fallout“ on the news, and assuming they don’t mistake the story for a celebrity break-up in Hollywood, they’ll be looking for a building to leap from. Keep a strong umbrella handy so you can get to your vehicle without a xanax chewing flying panic attack falling on you.

We have wasted our treasure and bankrupted ourselves on religious theocracies since 2001 and still have only two reliable allies over there, just like when we started. Great investment.

We guard every border but our own. I’m done. The fact our kids are willing is exactly the reason they are precious. I say no more.

$.02 /rant off
    And how many young Americans do you think would pick up a rifle in a similar situation here? How many would refuse?

Glass houses and all...

Don't buy into Putin's psyops. He will not use a nuke.
    Texas SOT

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    <>

Why is is OK for the USA to have military installations worldwide; but not for other major Nations like Russia & China to establish regional hegemony?

I am not saying that powerful countries should have carte-blanche to invade their neighbors, but we have seen provocations from Ukraine; and, not from Taiwan, modern Japan, or South Korea.

So, we disagree and discuss. . . . . .

leVieux
    Perhaps because we are not a communist dictatorship? Perhaps because the countries we occupied in WW2 are free? Including the countries of our enemies? Perhaps because smaller, weaker countries want to ally with the U.S.?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Some say yes; some say no. Most interesting to me, though, are the middle cases.

What if he tries but fails? What if his nuclear forces are just as competent and uncorrupted as the forces he has deployed thus far? What if his order to use a nuke is either defied or, somehow, goes terribly wrong in execution?

Things could get way too interesting, way too quick.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Some say yes; some say no. Most interesting to me, though, are the middle cases.

What if he tries but fails? What if his nuclear forces are just as competent and uncorrupted as the forces he has deployed thus far? What if his order to use a nuke is either defied or, somehow, goes terribly wrong in execution?

I'd guess that Putin is having these thoughts as he determines his next moves.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Putin won't issue the order. Russia is hurting from the current sanctions. He won't risk uniting even more of the world against him and sanctions that would be far worse and more widespread.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    And how many young Americans do you think would pick up a rifle in a similar situation here? How many would refuse?

Glass houses and all...

I agree, but I think the idea that he’ll use a nuke is more American psyops than putin psyops.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Lest we forget. . . . . .

Other extremely significant points are that the Nationalist Chinese (Taiwan/Formosa/Chiang Dynasty) have been US allies over a century, South Korea has been an ally for over 70 years.

During much of that time, Ukraine was firmly in enemy camps, one or another.

Both Taiwan & South Korea have operated honest democracies for decades, and are firmly capitalist, both big manufacturing/exporting economies. Taiwan reportedly makes some 80% of the World’s ‘’microprocessor chips.’’

We have longstanding MUTUAL DEFENSE treaties with them.

leVieux

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    <>

Lest we forget. . . . . .

Other extremely significant points are that the Nationalist Chinese (Taiwan/Formosa/Chiang Dynasty) have been US allies over a century, South Korea has been an ally for over 70 years.

During much of that time, Ukraine was firmly in enemy camps, one or another.

Both Taiwan & South Korea have operated honest democracies for decades, and are firmly capitalist, both big manufacturing/exporting economies. Taiwan reportedly makes some 80% of the World’s ‘’microprocessor chips.’’

We have longstanding MUTUAL DEFENSE treaties with them.

leVieux
    Ukraine was controlled by the USSR. Remember?

Using your logic we should not be allies with Poland?

WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    The Poles could checkmate Russia with conventional weapons single handed. Like LensCrafters, in about an hour. Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia would pile on. Fins for the Win, I always say. Belarus is a joke.

Why haven’t they moved yet? Because they are waiting, and expect us, to do it for them, and pay all the bills.

I don’t want our kids bleeding into their dirt. Period.

Psyops. Jesus tf christ, guys.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The Poles could checkmate Russia with conventional weapons single handed. Like LensCrafters, in about an hour. Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia would pile on. Fins for the Win, I always say. Belarus is a joke.

Why haven’t they moved yet? Because they are waiting, and expect us, to do it for them, and pay all the bills.

I don’t want our kids bleeding into their dirt. Period.

Psyops. Jesus tf christ, guys.
    Our kids aren't bleeding into their dirt, in case you are uniformed.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    <>

We obviously have a major division of opinion on this topic.

Having watched our government operate senseless ‘’wars’’ from the late 1940’s onwards; I see a definite malignant pattern.

Integral to this ongoing tragedy is the increasing scheme of blatant dishonesty from Congress, top MiIitary Officers, & media, which has hardened us to their deceit.

WWII was inevitable. The Korean ’’Conflict’’ was just.

Since then, what have we done but export cash, young people, and propaganda to a justifiably ungrateful World.

Why is is OK for the USA to have military installations worldwide; but not for other major Nations like Russia & China to establish regional hegemony?

I am not saying that powerful countries should have carte-blanche to invade their neighbors, but we have seen provocations from Ukraine; and, not from Taiwan, modern Japan, or South Korea.

So, we disagree and discuss. . . . . .

leVieux
    There is fact and their is opinion. You are entitled to your opinion, but not the facts.

The FACTS are out of 1.5 million refugees in Poland, the number of men with the physical and mental capacity for combat is exceeding small. I did not see a single able bodied male that appeared to be a Ukrainian refugee in the train stations both in Poland and in Western Ukriane. The few military aged men I saw on the trains were usually in uniform or obviously Americans or Europeans.
    That is a fact.

It technically is up for debate if what I saw was accurate, or significant, but you would be hard pressed to present any facts to support your opinion and an opinion without supporting facts is, in my opinion, rather worthless as a topic of conversation.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    There is fact and their is opinion. You are entitled to your opinion, but not the facts.

The FACTS are out of 1.5 million refugees in Poland, the number of men with the physical and mental capacity for combat is exceeding small. I did not see a single able bodied male that appeared to be a Ukrainian refugee in the train stations both in Poland and in Western Ukriane. The few military aged men I saw on the trains were usually in uniform or obviously Americans or Europeans.
    That is a fact.

It technically is up for debate if what I saw was accurate, or significant, but you would be hard pressed to present any facts to support your opinion and an opinion without supporting facts is, in my opinion, rather worthless as a topic of conversation.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk
    <>

Hey, the part about the refugees wasn’t mine.

We all know that terrible things are happening over there, just doubt our official explanations.

Especially since General Flynn questioned their « facts » and was immediately shut-down by big tech & media.

leVieux

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX

Glass houses and all...

Agree! What we REALLY need to be worried about are those psycho rice eating bastards. The Soviets at least had a sense of control, the ChiComms believe in their superiority and in their quest to rule the planet. Just imagine the Cuban missile crisis happening but with the ChiComms..... (hint, it's already happening. Take your pick, South China Sea islands and/or Taiwan).

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    The Soviets at least had a sense of control...

I'm not so sure of that. The Chinese aren't to be trusted or scrutinized any less, but I will point out that the Warsaw Pact was the only "mutual defense organization" that has ever repeatedly invaded its own members.

Simple fact is China and Russia are both dangerous and untrustworthy. China presents a direct threat to us while Russia threatens our allies and the stability of the entire European continent...which is a threat to us. Shit like this wasn't a big issue before the Obama administration stupidly did away with our defense doctrine of being prepared to fight a war on two fronts.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    I'm not so sure of that. The Chinese aren't to be trusted or scrutinized any less, but I will point out that the Warsaw Pact was the only "mutual defense organization" that has ever repeatedly invaded its own members.

Simple fact is China and Russia are both dangerous and untrustworthy. China presents a direct threat to us while Russia threatens our allies and the stability of the entire European continent...which is a threat to us. Shit like this wasn't a big issue before the Obama administration stupidly did away with our defense doctrine of being prepared to fight a war on two fronts.
    Oh for sure! I'm with you on how you feel about Russia. Most of my military service was during the cold war and I can't agree more with taking out a sworn adversary, especially when it looks so easy. BUT, I wonder how much help we'll get, in the Pacific, WHEN it goes hot?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Oh for sure! I'm with you on how you feel about Russia. Most of my military service was during the cold war and I can't agree more with taking out a sworn adversary, especially when it looks so easy. BUT, I wonder how much help we'll get, in the Pacific, WHEN it goes hot?

We'll get some, to be sure. Australia's not nearly as strong as they used to be and New Zealand has decided their best defense strategy is hiding behind Australia's skirt...but Japan and Korea are both becoming regional powerhouses and I wouldn't be surprised if India threw in with us. They've been pretty pissed with China for a while now - including a few incidents of actual combat on their shared border.

War with China will be a nightmare. At least as bad as it was in Korea. We won't be going it alone, but we'll bear the brunt of it.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    We'll get some, to be sure. Australia's not nearly as strong as they used to be and New Zealand has decided their best defense strategy is hiding behind Australia's skirt...but Japan and Korea are both becoming regional powerhouses and I wouldn't be surprised if India threw in with us. They've been pretty pissed with China for a while now - including a few incidents of actual combat on their shared border.

War with China will be a nightmare. At least as bad as it was in Korea. We won't be going it alone, but we'll bear the brunt of it.
    Australia seems to have woken up and is working to build up their defense. But it will take time.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don't know why all this talk about China is happening in the Ukraine thread. Seems like a subject that's big enough for its own thread.

Do we already have one or should I start one?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom