• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Since the invasion began some of the pro war folks have believed that there was going to be some type of coup, or assassination against putin. Some have even suggested he was going to die of cancer. I believe the first two are extremely unlikely, and while the third is certainly possible, there was no real basis for the claims other than hope. In the slim chance that putin was somehow removed from office, I think it’s an even slimmer chance of people being as happy as they think they would be.
    Who are these pro war folks?

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Russias economy was doing terrible before this. The war isn’t to blame for that. It’s also funny that people are still pushing this idea that anything is going to happen to Putin.
    If you don't think this has hurt their economy, just stay in denial. Oh, wait. You're already there.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    If you don't think this has hurt their economy, just stay in denial. Oh, wait. You're already there.
    maybe you should have paid attention before the war. But we’ll really stick it to them with both us and ukraine continuing to buy their oil…

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Those who want to continue funding a proxy war.
    Weird.

I would have thought it was the people who started the war by invading a sovereign, independent nation...

People don't call someone stepping in to fight an abuser to protect the victim of an assault "pro assault". It is likewise perverted for someone to suggest military support of Ukraine, to defend themselves against an invader is somehow "pro war"

Those that think support of Ukriane is good and honorable don't do it because they are pro-war, they do it because they want to war to end.

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Everything I've seen indicates ruzzian economy has been damaged and is in even worse shape than before. And I'm not just talking news sites.

I like to hang out on Quora. People in ruzzia post on there and they are reporting higher costs, lower availability, lack of funds for public projects due to Ukraine invasion sucking up so much money. All the men that have been dragged off to the meat grinder or who fled for their lives has resulted in labor shortages that are drag too. Not a disaster (yet), but not good either.

I also like to watch Joe Blogs on youtube. He reports on various countries, not just ruzzia. On ruzzia reports, he uses information released by ruzzian economy ministry, World Bank, IMF, OECD. He is a pretty even handed, just the facts kind of guy. Here is one he released 6 days ago:

A drop in income of 21% 1st quarter YOY can't be described as anything but bad.

Last edited:

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Those that think support of Ukriane is good and honorable don't do it because they are pro-war, they do it because they want to war to end.
    I also consider it a good investment as no way putler would have stopped at Ukraine. He had already pre positioned troops in Moldova, so he probably would have gone there next. After that Poland or the Baltics.

No way Europe or the US would have just stood by, at some point direct intervention would happen.

So Ukrainian blood, and western treasure, are preventing a wider conflict IMO. Ugly, but necessary...

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    It’s great to see the Russian thugs getting their due.
    What a humiliation for that band of fascist war criminals.
    Putin has wrecked his own country to fuel his little man ego.
    Somebody is going to cut his throat eventually, and the Chicoms will make them their vassal state.
    Tough stuff for Moscow and their delusional sycophants.
    6682E835-DBF4-4307-99CF-B095D6540054.jpeg

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I also consider it a good investment as no way putler would have stopped at Ukraine. He had already pre positioned troops in Moldova, so he probably would have gone there next. After that Poland or the Baltics.

No way Europe or the US would have just stood by, at some point direct intervention would happen.

So Ukrainian blood, and western treasure, are preventing a wider conflict IMO. Ugly, but necessary...
    I agree. russia has said Ukraine won't be the end the end goal is nothing less than extending russian borders to rebuild 1945-1989 USSR's coverage

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Weird.

I would have thought it was the people who started the war by invading a sovereign, independent nation...

People don't call someone stepping in to fight an abuser to protect the victim of an assault "pro assault". It is likewise perverted for someone to suggest military support of Ukraine, to defend themselves against an invader is somehow "pro war"

comparison doesn’t fit. Our government wants the war to continue, not end. If you support this, you’re pro war.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Can't cut anything but defense industry? Sure sounds like something a leftist would say.
    I didn’t suggest cutting our defense. I suggested cutting foreign aid. You’re still desperate to be involved in a conversation you know nothing about.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US

I’m sure Bidens handlers are loving the return on their investment. The rest of America, not so much.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    comparison doesn’t fit. Our government wants the war to continue, not end. If you support this, you’re pro war.
    I support the neutering of the rogue regime Russia that is the root cause of their war.
    But I suppose there are still plenty of American Bund & Obama types around who want to let them run rampant.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I support the neutering of the rogue regime Russia that is the root cause of their war.
    But I suppose there are still plenty of American Bund & Obama types around who want to let them run rampant.

weird. Obiden supports the proxy war. Trump doesn’t. It seems that it’s the dems that are, and always have been in favor of war with Russia.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom