• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    You still miss the big picture. We have that much debt because we don’t have the money that we are giving away. I’m just speculating here, but you may be wondering why both the Fed and Treasury were so weak on our inflation issue, and the reason for that may be that inflation makes debt easier to pay for. So while you say “it’s only a few dollars” or however exactly you said it, the real value or every dollar you have has declined significantly over the last 2 years in order to make our debt more affordable. Now, let’s look beyond just what is happening now. When this war that Biden told Putin he could have finally comes to an end, we will also spend more money to rebuild ukraine. We will likely continue spending more money to ensure that our puppet government that we have there remains in place.
    Then there is also the cost of neglecting things here at home, especially being in a border state, as an example since that was brought up. The cost of not securing our border comes with increased crime, meaning more work for law enforcement, increased healthcare costs, backed up healthcare systems, etc.
    The 2nd and 3rd order effects matter, even if people who just love being involved in war don’t want other people to think about them. It’s not just “small potatoes” like you’re suggesting. Every bad financial decision made with tax dollars is brushed off as “small potatoes”, to the point where we are buying many bags of small potatoes.
    You are missing the big picture.

List a few of the top things US spends money on.

List what you spend time complaining about.

Do you see it yet?

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    Maybe one day we can have AI assisted negotiations. They can quickly account for each sides wants and historical context. I would be interested to see what AI would recommend for this situation.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    The AI would give all the land in the world to AI programmers.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    It was a joke. Simmer down. Geez. Damn this thread is full of sensitive people.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    a3e7fd06c4f50f4f3ce2ffea17c147cd.jpg

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I watched all 3 videos.

I found them to be some very interesting speculation.

Thanks Ben for making them available.

Currently I'm reading "The New Tsar": The Rise and Reign of Vladimir Putin,' by Steven Lee Myer

I think you'd enjoy it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom