Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    hard to keep track of the crowd that thinks ukraine is winning
    Just for the record, I don't think Ukraine is winning. Doing better than expected, yes, but for reasons beyond just the war, I think the country is terminal. They weren't having enough kids to replace themselves even before the war started.

On general principle, though, I tend to support anything that drags a communist powerhouse into the grave with them. For that result, I can tolerate a lot of corruption and prevarication from every quarter.

When will the situation exceed my definition of "a lot"? I don't know. I wish I did.
    Capitol Armory ad

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Just for the record, I don't think Ukraine is winning. Doing better than expected, yes, but for reasons beyond just the war, I think the country is terminal. They weren't having enough kids to replace themselves even before the war started.

On general principle, though, I tend to support anything that drags a communist powerhouse into the grave with them. For that result, I can tolerate a lot of corruption and prevarication from every quarter.

When will the situation exceed my definition of "a lot"? I don't know. I wish I did.
    My only gripe with that is that they aren’t the only ones were dragging to the grave.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Putin has taken over land in another country. Doesn’t take an internet genius to figure that out.

hard to keep track of the crowd that thinks ukraine is winning. if y’all could decide on a narrative that would be great. Is he viewed as weak or are countries all over the world pouring money into ukraine so he won’t roll over europe. I guess if he’s viewed as weak we can stop sending money over there. :)
    Mental gymnastics again? That's not what he said. He was talking about putins feelings as to russias standing. Not others countries thoughts feeling or opinions.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Putin has taken over land in another country. Doesn’t take an internet genius to figure that out.

hard to keep track of the crowd that thinks ukraine is winning. if y’all could decide on a narrative that would be great. Is he viewed as weak or are countries all over the world pouring money into ukraine so he won’t roll over europe. I guess if he’s viewed as weak we can stop sending money over there. :)
    Try working on reading comprehension:

"I think Putin cares about whether or not Russia is viewed as weak." This refers to a perception. Perception can be correct or incorrect. It is not necessarily reality.

Russia is not as strong as it (and the rest of the world) thought it was. Please note that is a relative term.

With the munitions and intelligence aid, I would say so far Ukraine is holding its own.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Try working on reading comprehension:

"I think Putin cares about whether or not Russia is viewed as weak." This refers to a perception. Perception can be correct or incorrect. It is not necessarily reality.

Russia is not as strong as it (and the rest of the world) thought it was. Please note that is a relative term.

With the munitions and intelligence aid, I would say so far Ukraine is holding its own.
    Try working on reading comprehension.

Putin doesn’t know you exist. Not once has he woke up and said “I wonder if this will make me look weak to oldag on TGT”. On the other hand, Zelensky is on a world fundraising tour, the US has poured a couple hundred billion dollars that we don’t have into ukraine, including drawing down equipment from our own military that will now have to be replaced, and countries have moved away from pricing oil in dollars. I read on this forum that europe is providing a lot of aid to ukraine as well, even though they really aren’t. I also read on this form that if we don’t all work together to stop him then he will go right through ukraine, into Poland, etc. Nobody worries about people who are weak doing that. Also, intelligence agencies that view other nations as weak do not lie to convince their population that things are going better than they know they really are.

So while you say “I think Putin cares whether or not Russia is viewed as weak”, I 100% agree. He probably just doesn’t care whether YOU view Russia as weak. You, and other people hitting the like button on whatever they see that confirms what they want to believe on Twitter feeds and Internet forums are probably not the people he’s focused on.

And I agree that Russia isn’t as strong as a lot of people thought they were.but that’s their problem for overestimating Russia before.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Try working on reading comprehension.

Putin doesn’t know you exist. Not once has he woke up and said “I wonder if this will make me look weak to oldag on TGT”. On the other hand, Zelensky is on a world fundraising tour, the US has poured a couple hundred billion dollars that we don’t have into ukraine, including drawing down equipment from our own military that will now have to be replaced, and countries have moved away from pricing oil in dollars. I read on this forum that europe is providing a lot of aid to ukraine as well, even though they really aren’t. I also read on this form that if we don’t all work together to stop him then he will go right through ukraine, into Poland, etc. Nobody worries about people who are weak doing that. Also, intelligence agencies that view other nations as weak do not lie to convince their population that things are going better than they know they really are.

So while you say “I think Putin cares whether or not Russia is viewed as weak”, I 100% agree. He probably just doesn’t care whether YOU view Russia as weak. You, and other people hitting the like button on whatever they see that confirms what they want to believe on Twitter feeds and Internet forums are probably not the people he’s focused on.

And I agree that Russia isn’t as strong as a lot of people thought they were.but that’s their problem for overestimating Russia before.
    Sitll having trouble with that reading comprehension thing, I see. I was never referring to Putin being concerned about my personal opinion. You pulled that strawman out of thin air. But perhaps you may be that self centered.

"So while you say “I think Putin cares whether or not Russia is viewed as weak”, I 100% agree." Glad to see you have some grasp on reality. What not just admit I was correct and not try to deflect?

Feel free to have the last word. Waste of time.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Sitll having trouble with that reading comprehension thing, I see. I was never referring to Putin being concerned about my personal opinion. You pulled that strawman out of thin air. But perhaps you may be that self centered.

"So while you say “I think Putin cares whether or not Russia is viewed as weak”, I 100% agree." Glad to see you have some grasp on reality. What not just admit I was correct and not try to deflect?

Feel free to have the last word. Waste of time.
    You’re still missing the point. the people who likely matter to putin do not view him, or Russia as weak.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Russian tanks...

This is the issue, many are stripped or rotten
    8517b120ab69c0730cb40acb5a6b6666.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    what’s the significance of that picture?
    I would assume Cycleguy was showing the state of ruskie equipment due to years of neglect and graft, as well as what they have to pick from now that they are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Better he answer that than I, but that’s my take.

They are now down to cannibalizing older tanks to get equipment in the field to replace the estimated 1/2 to 2/3rds of the tank inventory they have lost so far.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I don't know when it was taken, but it illustrates that many of the huge numbers of tanks and armored vehicles does not correspond with strength or ability in the least. It is the difference between a salvage yard and a car dealership...

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    That's their marshaling ground for the next offense. The only difference between Hitler at the end of ww2 and putin now is putins divisions have actual hardware where Hitlers were all in his head. Similarly they both appear as effective.

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Russian volunteers fighting in ruzzia have been busy boys, lots of video of their activities coming out, here's a couple:

Meanwhile the governor of Belogrod says “there was and is no enemy on the territory of the region”.

nothing to see.gif

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    You don't think Putin is being seen as weak after his 3 day excursion has gone on well past a year? Do you think he is looked at as strong?

Can you show me another time a country invaded another and took over their land and was considered weak?
    Can you show me another time we poured hundreds of billions of dollars into a war, and justified it by saying we had to stop a weak country from starting world war 3?

I would agree that Russia is weak compared to us. I would agree that Russia is weaker than a lot of people previously believed. But I’m not really sure id describe them as weak in general compared to many other countries. People in this thread who are in favor of continuing to fund the proxy war will say they are weak, yet don’t treat the situation as if they are weak.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom