Not open for further replies.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Sometimes being the bigger man means not putting up with a bully.
    To what end? Looking to be the bully yourself?

I like a lot of what you say on many other topics, so it kind of makes me cringe when I see the petty squabbling.

Ukraine is a big topic in today's political scene, so I do like to follow the topic. Certainly not just here.

I like being a part of this community, and if I can I'll try to help keep the peace in what I consider my community.

I have my beliefs, and one of them is that we can agree to disagree without it becoming personal.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

I like a lot of what you say on many other topics, so it kind of makes me cringe when I see the petty squabbling.

Ukraine is a big topic in today's political scene, so I do like to follow the topic. Certainly not just here.

I like being a part of this community, and if I can I'll try to help keep the peace in what I consider my community.

I have my beliefs, and one of them is that we can agree to disagree without it becoming personal.

I do my best to get along with everyone, and to avoid conflict. Here, the conflict is constantly quoting my posts and twisting my words, quoting my posts and insulting my intelligence, and quoting my posts after declaring he "doesn't care what I say". I'm not going to just let that go.

If it becomes a serious issue, Vaquero or Ben will step in as they've done before, and I'll respect their wishes and instructions. But no, I'm not going to "walk away" when a petty bully will not let it go. I've attempted to disengage with him a few times, and it's futile.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Adams was correct.

An easy thought exercise for Austrian economists...not really a source I'd look to for US foreign policy or military strategy advice.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Not to put any one person down, but I have a good deal of respect for General Zod on other topics, so I felt it the easier route for me.
    That is a reasonable basis. It is more fruitful to engage a person who makes every effort to qualify his position with facts and evidence whose sources(s) can be examined and scrutinized. .
    To attempt this with a person who makes material misrepresentations, in order to deflect the harsh light of truth, is utter waisted bandwidth.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I do my best to get along with everyone, and to avoid conflict. Here, the conflict is constantly quoting my posts and twisting my words, quoting my posts and insulting my intelligence, and quoting my posts after declaring he "doesn't care what I say". I'm not going to just let that go.

If it becomes a serious issue, Vaquero or Ben will step in as they've done before, and I'll respect their wishes and instructions. But no, I'm not going to "walk away" when a petty bully will not let it go. I've attempted to disengage with him a few times, and it's futile.
    I'm not saying don't engage an argument, just don't make it personal. Use tact, or ignore if possible.

I quit engaging after it became evident that all I'm going to get is that I'm a Putin lover or I hate Ukraine. I do hate the war and our continual escalating of it, rather than suing for peace, but that's my belief like it or not. Personally attack me for it, then that just shows the argument is lame when one needs resort to character assassination.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I'm not saying don't engage an argument, just don't make it personal. Use tact, or ignore if possible.

I quit engaging after it became evident that all I'm going to get is that I'm a Putin lover or I hate Ukraine. I do hate the war and our continual escalating of it, rather than suing for peace, but that's my belief like it or not. Personally attack me for it, then that just shows the argument is lame when one needs resort to character assassination.

Sadly, that approach with certain individuals here will only lead to more personal attacks.

And you realize, this discussion of it out in the open is only going to launch a whole new shit show to derail the thread further, right?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

Then you really should address Havok, but I suspect you know it would be pointless.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Sadly, that approach with certain individuals here will only lead to more personal attacks.
    MEH! That's a good one.
    And you realize, this discussion of it out in the open is only going to launch a whole new shit show to derail the thread further, right?
    That's certainly not my intent, and if any take it as trying to cause trouble, then what does that say about them? Are they worth the trouble?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

Adams was correct.
    Sigh...

Have you ever read his speech?

Where does it, as the article you posted assert, mention intervention in the invasion of a free and sovereign nation?

Admas is warning against intervention to simply make things convenient for us. He nobwhere suggestes we should not fight shoulder to shoulder with a free nation to help them against a tyrant.

Speech to the U.S. House of Representatives on Foreign Policy (July 4, 1821)
    John Quincy Adams, Secretary of State
    Transcript

AND NOW, FRIENDS AND COUNTRYMEN, if the wise and learned philosophers of the elder world, the first observers of
    nutation and aberration, the discoverers of maddening ether and invisible planets, the inventors of Congreve rockets and
    Shrapnel shells, should find their hearts disposed to enquire what has America done for the benefit of mankind?
    Let our answer be this: America, with the same voice which spoke herself into existence as a nation, proclaimed to mankind
    the inextinguishable rights of human nature, and the only lawful foundations of government. America, in the assembly of
    nations, since her admission among them, has invariably, though often fruitlessly, held forth to them the hand of honest
    friendship, of equal freedom, of generous reciprocity.
    She has uniformly spoken among them, though often to heedless and often to disdainful ears, the language of equal liberty, of
    equal justice, and of equal rights.
    She has, in the lapse of nearly half a century, without a single exception, respected the independence of other nations while
    asserting and maintaining her own.
    She has abstained from interference in the concerns of others, even when conflict has been for principles to which she clings,
    as to the last vital drop that visits the heart.
    She has seen that probably for centuries to come, all the contests of that Aceldama the European world, will be contests of
    inveterate power, and emerging right.
    Wherever the standard of freedom and Independence has been or shall be unfurled, there will her heart, her benedictions and
    her prayers be.
    But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy.
    She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all.
    She is the champion and vindicator only of her own.

She will commend the general cause by the countenance of her voice, and the benignant sympathy of her example.

She well knows that by once enlisting under other banners than her own, were they even the banners of foreign independence,
    she would involve herself beyond the power of extrication, in all the wars of interest and intrigue, of individual avarice, envy,
    and ambition, which assume the colors and usurp the standard of freedom.

The fundamental maxims of her policy would insensibly change from liberty to force....
    She might become the dictatress of the world. She would be no longer the ruler of her own spirit....

Glory is not dominion, but liberty. Her march is the march of the mind. She has a spear and a shield: but the motto
    upon her shield is, Freedom, Independence, Peace. This has been her Declaration: this has been, as far as her necessary
    intercourse with the rest of mankind would permit, her practice

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Read the definition of a lie. If someone holds a belief, no matter if it's based on a lie, it doesn't show intent to lie expressing that belief.

I think "knowing it's a lie" is they key phrase here. Nobody has any faith that he truly believes half of what he says. Especially when trying to rephrase things he's told just to suit his purposes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom