• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txgirliegirl

loves dogs more than people
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2020
    Richmond
    I'm just curious, how did you edit the thread title after almost 24 hours?
    Being new she didn't know you couldn't so she did it anyway.

i think @Army 1911 is correct ... i did not know it was not supposed to work so it did ;)

i just went to the first post of the thread and the edit button was still there...i was surprised i could still edit but was glad i could! :)

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    okay i really did give this a lot of thought....decided a 9mm will be just fine for EDC and i will continue my search for a 45 acp to just have fun with at the range...

i went to academy this morning to check the ammo delivery (as usual, only really had .40 s&w in stock and a lot of it)...saw they replenished their gun supply.

i looked at:
    kimber ultra carry CDP II .45 acp - really liked this one, felt nice and weighty, felt good in my hand....the girl behind the counter said she uses it as her EDC and loves it but agreed when i asked about the “finickiness” i have read about when researching this particular model....maybe a future purchase?

sig p365 was the one i was most excited about seeing...liked the higher capacity magazine and still a great grip size for me despite the double stack mag....however, i hated the way it felt in my hand, felt really hard and uncomfortable...truthfully was disappointed i did not love it

walther PPS M2 9mm was a WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! loved everything about it...figured if it shoots half as well as my PPQ, i am going to absolutely love it!

thank you everyone for your input, ideas, links, etc....like i said, i am still going to get a .45 acp in the future, but have a strong feeling this is going to be the perfect EDC for me :D

i already cleaned and lubed her up lol ... with the 10% healthcare workers discount got it at pretty much the same price as online...under $400 including tax....oh, and the background check took literally a minute to be approved so i was in and out fast!

without further ado, pics!

View attachment 225080 View attachment 225081 View attachment 225082

View attachment 225079
    That's my carry gun for reference I'm 5'4 and 140 pounds

txgirliegirl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2020
    Richmond
    Im beginning to think this is not hillbilly and is an actual person
    Or hoping it's not?

dang, this hillbilly person must have been quite a gem :laughing: i can assure you i have never had an account on this site besides this one and if anyone ever wants to meet me at texas gun club for some shooting, i will prove i am my avatar...and we have to shoot! :D

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    dang, this hillbilly person must have been quite a gem :laughing: i can assure you i have never had an account on this site besides this one and if anyone ever wants to meet me at texas gun club for some shooting, i will prove i am my avatar...and we have to shoot! :D
    Hell I believe your real & I'm a pessimist! I wouldn't mind meeting you to shoot & let you check out guns, but I know I'm a dirty old man & I'd be flirting with you. And deep in my heart I don't need to be pissing the wife off, as she's my only sammich maker.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

He was before me as well, but I have heard some stories about him that would curl you eyelashes!

txgirliegirl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2020
    Richmond
    Hell I believe your real & I'm a pessimist! I wouldn't mind meeting you to shoot & let you check out guns, but I know I'm a dirty old man & I'd be flirting with you. And deep in my heart I don't need to be pissing the wife off, as she's my only sammich maker.

i totally get it, you have to keep a keeper ;) .... we all have our priorities in life....there was this time i was trying to hang this heavy-a$$ mirror in the half bath...solid wood, huge and weighed a ton...i was sweating and swearing and ticked my fiancé did not ask if i needed help....i look in the kitchen and lo and behold, he was making scones and muffins for me to take to my co-workers the next day...he is the cook, i am the repairwoman, fixer of things, etc....those are the roles we play in my household! he says he is glad i am there to protect him and the dogs :laughing: :roflsmile:

He was before me as well, but I have heard some stories about him that would curl you eyelashes!

every forum has them and from my experience they keep coming back under different user names so i get the apprehension...eventually i will meet some of you in person (October G2G!) and all that will be laid to rest :D

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    can't look.jpg

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    @txgirliegirl you sure stirred things up and livened up our forum. Happy you're here and impressed by your non-girliegirl-ness and being a true gun-nut like the rest of us here.

I think, after over 100 responses, the answer to your original question has been beat to death. And the answer, in general, is the same for all of us - our EDC gun should be as much gun as we can reasonably handle (and be efficient with, with regular range time) AND be able to carry concealed. So, of course, the answer can be different for each of us.

I have guns that I'd love to carry, but they're just too darned big and/or heavy to comfortably carry concealed, especially in the summer time. I think, optimally, one should choose ONE handgun for year round EDC. But the temptation to carry "more gun" in the cooler months when more clothing is worn (easier to conceal) can be hard to resist, yet makes sense because "more gun" is helpful to penetrate the more clothing.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    i totally get it, you have to keep a keeper ;) .... we all have our priorities in life....there was this time i was trying to hang this heavy-a$$ mirror in the half bath...solid wood, huge and weighed a ton...i was sweating and swearing and ticked my fiancé did not ask if i needed help....i look in the kitchen and lo and behold, he was making scones and muffins for me to take to my co-workers the next day...he is the cook, i am the repairwoman, fixer of things, etc....those are the roles we play in my household! he says he is glad i am there to protect him and the dogs :laughing: :roflsmile:

every forum has them and from my experience they keep coming back under different user names so i get the apprehension...eventually i will meet some of you in person (October G2G!) and all that will be laid to rest :D

As the father of 6 daughters, I applaud this. My girls know how to do man-stuff, and they aint skeered.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom