• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but my contribution is this: If you buy a really expensive edc you may regret it.

Why?

If you ever have to defend yourself with your pricey gun it'll be taken as evidence by the police and the chances of getting it back (and still in excellent condition) is questionable.

$500/600 will buy you a very reliable gun.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    i have an update!!! be back in a few with some pictures :D

and LOL @Moonpie , geez, clearly i am a slow-old lady :roflsmile:

Bored+to+Death.jpg

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but my contribution is this: If you buy a really expensive edc you may regret it.

Why?

If you ever have to defend yourself with your pricey gun it'll be taken as evidence by the police and the chances of getting it back (and still in excellent condition) is questionable.

$500/600 will buy you a very reliable gun.
    In the highly unlikely scenario that my gun is confiscated, I will care less about the cost of the gun.

I want the best gun possible in that situation.

And yes, you do get the gun back. It just takes a while.

Not like this is going to happen every month or every year.

This is not even a consideration for me.

txgirliegirl

loves dogs more than people
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2020
    Richmond
    okay i really did give this a lot of thought....decided a 9mm will be just fine for EDC and i will continue my search for a 45 acp to just have fun with at the range...

i went to academy this morning to check the ammo delivery (as usual, only really had .40 s&w in stock and a lot of it)...saw they replenished their gun supply.

i looked at:
    kimber ultra carry CDP II .45 acp - really liked this one, felt nice and weighty, felt good in my hand....the girl behind the counter said she uses it as her EDC and loves it but agreed when i asked about the “finickiness” i have read about when researching this particular model....maybe a future purchase?

sig p365 was the one i was most excited about seeing...liked the higher capacity magazine and still a great grip size for me despite the double stack mag....however, i hated the way it felt in my hand, felt really hard and uncomfortable...truthfully was disappointed i did not love it

walther PPS M2 9mm was a WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! loved everything about it...figured if it shoots half as well as my PPQ, i am going to absolutely love it!

thank you everyone for your input, ideas, links, etc....like i said, i am still going to get a .45 acp in the future, but have a strong feeling this is going to be the perfect EDC for me :D

i already cleaned and lubed her up lol ... with the 10% healthcare workers discount got it at pretty much the same price as online...under $400 including tax....oh, and the background check took literally a minute to be approved so i was in and out fast!

without further ado, pics!

865FAAA1-BE2B-4880-923D-D577785F6A10.jpeg EEBB20C2-A03E-4E07-9251-8F09D6A2E7AC.jpeg 4DA862A9-FD21-45C1-8CBA-D4BBD5EF135B.jpeg

857687CA-1E85-4733-A669-FEAA764A347F.jpeg

Last edited:

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    ... but, on the other hand, don't get too hung up on magazine capacity. Remember the law of 3; armed altercations predominately happen at 3 yards distance, last only 3 seconds, and fire only 3 rounds... So go for the 45acp... even if it only holds 6 rounds, with a 45acp you only need one round

I don’t disagree but what is the lethal or incapacitation hit/miss ratio? Multiple assailants?

Hope for the best but plan for the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom