2qxyefs.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I enjoyed last nights episode. It was refreshing to see different characters for the whole hour. Intriguing. Has the Governor changed? Not that it would matter to Rick and the gang. He's still SOS. Shoot on Sight.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    While this is true, how many years has it been now?
    Long time for gas to just sit around....

How long does diesel sit around and can be used somewhat effectively? Seems as though diesel is heaver, oilier, and should be more effective over the same amount of storage time than gasoline (evaporates).

Odd how many times the vehicles in this series seem to break down. The RV, the food truck...etc.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    What happens to diesel is bacteria, and algae will form. A diesel engine unused for to long will develop moisture and rust out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Just wondering because my dads 7.3 turbodiesel has been sitting at a shop for quite a few months now...

It'll take longer than a few months. One of the 12 valve Cummins in our business fleet sat out behind our shop for almost four years because one of our employees hit a deer with it. My brother decided he wanted to get it up and running so he charged the battery and it started right the hell up, no problems at all. The tank was topped off with diesel and he ran the whole tank with no issues. I wouldn't worry about it, brother.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    The tank was topped off with diesel and he ran the whole tank with no issues. I wouldn't worry about it, brother.

That you can see.. That statement could come back to bite ya in the ass, when pumps start to fail. Injectors start to clog. Hoses collapse. Don't put away your tool box just yet

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    That you can see.. That statement could come back to bite ya in the ass, when pumps start to fail. Injectors start to clog. Hoses collapse. Don't put away your tool box just yet

First of all, it's a first gen 12 valve Cummins. It will never die. Secondly, this is the second time this has happened. The first time, it sat for three years because the rear axle came loose on the highway and flew into a tree with both tires still connected. Thirdly, my brother fixed it up two years ago and it hasn't had a single issue since then. I agree with you that it may have problems but as it is, he hasn't had any thus far (knock on wood). Then again, it could just be that first gen Dodges are bullet proof from the factory because of the lack of shitty computers and the modern bells and whistles. Beats me but it really doesn't matter because it's his daily driver.

This was it after contact with a deer:

561689_10151210438756288_153708739_n.jpg

I wish I had a picture without snow but this is it with a new front end and running smoothly:

556290_10151415941626288_984653204_n.jpg

I would literally take this thing in a zombie apocalypse over anything out there. Just my .02.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom