• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Donated money today to a Wendy Davis rival. Im not scared of her or liberals. We need to stop complaining abour our side and mocking the other. We need to donate our time and money and get people educated and out to vote. I think there is a GOP fund raiser at a local range next weekend. Those of you in central Texas check the Austin section and ill post more info.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Abbott was in Corpus Christi today and was asked about Davis.....

He was cordial in his response but basically (and I am not quoting him verbatim) labeled her a big government, big spending liberal that would take Texas down the wrong path....I agree with that...

She was talking about how bad we have it in Texas because of the current leadership.....Is she on the same planet?

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    Well said. While I believe Davis will have an uphill battle no matter what, I will be sure to show up and vote against her.

I just hope the Republicans don't pull a 2012 on us again and pull another obstinate "I'm not voting because the person running isn't perfect" attitude.

Well then you republicans had better loosen your corsets and make room for other opinions in your wheel house.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Know your enemy. Never dismiss their abilities. To do so is to fail. Quote: me.

I know quite a few people on the other side of the fence and they are jumping for joy that she is running. Some of them are even doing voter registration drives trying to get more voters register. Most of them are running around the same way they were for Obastard in 2012. Dont underestimate her or her supporters. Make sure you get out and vote and get others like us to the polls too.

Navy and Army GET IT (so do a few others)

Folks Obama and the DNC is coming after Texas. There is NO amount of money or effort they will not commit. Obama PERSONALLY is involved. Ground zero for this effort is San Antonio. The 2 faces are Mayor Castro and Wendy Davis. Neither of these folks are Dems anymore than I am. What they are...extreme left wing Marxist radicals. They HONESTLY believe they can take Texas Blue. They know if they do the US will never see another GOP in my lifetime maybe yours.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Folks Obama and the DNC is coming after Texas.

And you do not think the RNC is doing all it can to hold Texas?

At the end of the day, so what? What exactly can we do? Nothing really that we are not already doing. The demographics and wants of the NATION are changing, and we cannot stop that.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    We Texans need to send Mizz Davis and her ilk a strong message, not by defeating her but by crushing her in the next election. A close loss by Mizz Davis will encourage her and her supporters to double down and run again. A crushing defeat will cause her to lose financial support from the big Libs who would open their pockets to donate to her cause.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013

At the end of the day, so what? What exactly can we do? Nothing really that we are not already doing. The demographics and wants of the NATION are changing, and we cannot stop that.
    What exactly can we do? We can educate every person we meet on the damaging effects of immorality and entitlement that is currently in vogue. I don't believe for a second that we have lost the battle for the soul and financial health of our country. Hispanics are traditionally conservative and Christian people and only need to be acquainted with the truth to vote the right way. Case in point: I work with a single mother of three who moved here from Mexico 17 years ago. She is now a U.S. citizen and a staunch conservative and works one full time job and two part-time jobs because she won't accept a penny from the government. I believe she isn't the exception, she is the norm. She continually tells me the lies that are circulating through the Hispanic community who are ignorant of the truth about conservative values...she even got into an argument with one of her brothers who was told that "Romney was Pro-abortion" last election! Educate! Educate! Educate!

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    What exactly can we do? We can educate every person we meet on the damaging effects of immorality and entitlement that is currently in vogue. I don't believe for a second that we have lost the battle for the soul and financial health of our country. Hispanics are traditionally conservative and Christian people and only need to be acquainted with the truth to vote the right way. Case in point: I work with a single mother of three who moved here from Mexico 17 years ago. She is now a U.S. citizen and a staunch conservative and works one full time job and two part-time jobs because she won't accept a penny from the government. I believe she isn't the exception, she is the norm. She continually tells me the lies that are circulating through the Hispanic community who are ignorant of the truth about conservative values...she even got into an argument with one of her brothers who was told that "Romney was Pro-abortion" last election! Educate! Educate! Educate!

Like I said, "What exactly can we do? Nothing really that we are not already doing."

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The demographics and wants of the NATION are changing, and we cannot stop that.
    Hmm... I'm not so sure on that one. What has happened is that people have become single issue/low information voters. People will rally behind a candidate for one position and not even pay attention to the fact that they are a statist. The Republicans are effected by this issue, too. I can't believe that if people really knew how statist operate, that they would continue to vote for them. That's like voting yourself into serfdom... We need to keep talking about these issues keep pushing the discussion out of the "tinfoil hat" area into the mainstream.

Like I said, "What exactly can we do? Nothing really that we are not already doing."
    turn it up to 11

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Sadly, the fight is over the middle. Without them we can't win forever at the state level in the future or at the national level now. Not voting for the more conservative republican candidate doesn't do anything except insure a more liberal candidate wins.

Actually Romney won the middle, the undecided, moderates. It didn't do him any good..

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch

The answer is YES and NO.

Yes I think they are mostly doing what they can and see.

On the other hand the GOP of Texas has been infiltrated at the top levels by Democrats who are now in some key leadership roles at the state level. Note that Ted Cruz was not a GOP fav for Senate just to name ONE incident and I am familiar with others first hand.

The Dems did not just suddenly wake up this year and decide to see if they can take Texas blue. Like all of us, we go hunting for our prey and they have been watching Texas for sometime. What they see is a weak GOP and several key countries drifting from their conservative roots, partly due to infiltration by Dems locally and due to weak leadership in the GOP from cty to state level. They did not set up camp here by accident, it was on purpose and they chose San Antonio because of its Mayor was is at LEAST as far left as Obama...in fact Castro visits the WH often, VERY often. The WH has cut off its release of info as to who is visiting (due to it being a "transparent government") and at the last count he had been there 13 times, was the opening speaker at the DNC convention...wonder why???? Maybe he and Obammy just like to compare notes from their days at Harvard??? I doubt it. The Castro family has STRONG Marxist roots. SA has a STRONG communist cell, maybe one one of the strongest in the US. The city govt is run by Marxists and has been for years.

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    Rant on, so retreat to a safe distance.

The problem with the republicans is two-fold. First, it's an image thing. Everyone views you as a bunch of grumpy old men. Not fun, or attractive.

Second, You are a bunch of grumpy old men. (I'm old too)
    What I'm about to spew out here isn't all accusations. Some of it is Characterizations, i.e. how outsiders view the republicans. This is the image that has to change.
    It's really none of your business who someone chooses to sleep with. Yes, I know the Bible calls it an abomination, and I agree. However, you can't force someone else to live by your moral choices. (Personally, I think government just needs to get their noses out of the whole marriage thing)
    If someone wants to sit in their living room and smoke pot, that's their choice. Leave them alone. Treat it just like alcohol. This alone would slash the number of harmless people lock up in prison, and reduce the cost of law enforcement across the board.
    Stop being a party of old white guys. Remind the black community that Lincoln was a republican, and that it was republicans that fought against slavery, while democrats fought to protect it. It was republicans that fought for equal rights, and democrats that fought for Jim Crow Laws. MLK was a republican.
    Stop being stodgy and old-fashioned (politically). Show people that you are ready to move into a new millennium, and confront the new issues, and lay out a plan that shows constitutional solutions to problems that don't involve raping people's rights away from them. Help remind people that we are America, and yes, we can do the hard things. Promote a message of encouragement. Give the people some accountability. This will give them purpose.
    Separate yourselves from Bush/Cheney!!!!!!! End the fascist neo-con crap. Speak out against the patriot act, and other constitutional infringements.
    Move towards the ideas of Ron/Rand Paul. (I like Ted Cruz as well, I'm just waiting for him to "season" a bit. He's a new flavor)
    Grow a set of balls! That fustercluck gaggle of candidates from 2012 sucked pond scum. Ron Paul and Herman Cain were the only two that sparked my interest, and Herman Cain went limp the minute someone challenged his 9-9-9 idea. (Which had a lot of merit!)
    Enough with the Mitt Kerry/John Romney (intentional) stuffed-shirt plain vanilla candidates. Paint yourselves with BOLD colors. Quit trying to please everyone. It doesn't work. All it does is get everyone pissed off at you.
    If you don't do these things, the republican party will become irrelevant, and I'll probably end up on a clock tower.

Top Bottom