Patriot Mobile

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Finally pressed my first 100 rounds of 9mm tonight. Ended up using 115 gn Berry's with CFE pistol & a OAL of 1.1. Loaded 50 with 5.0gns & 50 with 5.2gns. I hope to notice a difference in the groups.

I've never loaded before, so pretty new at it. But I must say I can crank out some ammo with this progressive press, I'm really impressed. Talking to a buddy he said it would take him 8hrs to do 50rnds with a single stage. Took all of about 45 minutes with the Dillon, With a smoke break in between the first 50 & setting up the 2nd weight charge for the 2nd 50.
    20190223_235653.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• 20190223_235653.jpg
      20190223_235653.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 218
    Last edited:

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    He was talking rifle cases ...I guess with all the trimming.

You don't have to trim every time you load, lol. Even when I'm being super anal about precision, I don't think it takes me more than an hour and a half to do 50 rounds of rifle on a single stage.

Congrats on popping your reloading cherry. Have fun. Just keep in mind that a progressive is less forgiving than a single stage, and it's easy to overlook mistakes that can multiply very quickly. Create a routine that makes it a point to check for mistakes, and stick to it. It'll save you a lot of grief, a ton of bad rounds that you'll have to break back down, and possible even save you. ;)

Toolfreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    Allen Texas
    I shot about 200 of my reloads out of my 45 shield today and had a lot of fun, winchester brass, 230gr speer plated behind 6.2 gr of Unique. When I got home, I cleaned them up and sized them them up so I can finish them up this week. Then modified my handle on my RCBS pro chucker, I have the press raised so I shortened the handle so it has a short throw on it and makes it a little quicker to pull.
    Toolfreak

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Bought 200 175gr SMKs

Thinkings about switching powders for 308, getting hard to get Varget local.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I got my repack boxes in so I've been filling them up. I was able to talk the guy into smaller quantities for several calibers as well so I can box up all the old stuff I loaded in 38 and 40 as well as a bunch of older stuff I have still laying around. I love these boxes but they do take some time to load them.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I still have some. But at some point I got my kids to save those metal tea boxes from Starbucks. They make great ammo boxes. Lid seals nice and tight, and it's small enough to hold a couple hundred but not be too heavy.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Sorted my clean 45 brass by headstamp and then sized a good pile of it. My 5 year old even helped me.

She's informed me that when she's not working as a zookeeper, she wants to make bullets in her free time like her daddy. She's already asked me to give her my press when she's old enough. This kid is too much.

You my friend are doing it right.

Spoiler alert, you will become a moron when she turns 15.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Have my 6.5mm case screwups soaking in water. Planning to get them resized/deprimed this weekend.

All are resized now. Not sure if was the brass or the primers, but there was a goldish colored slurry covering all of it before I dumped the water. Had to rinse them then wipe them all down prior to lubing the cases.

And none went bang. Thanks to whoever gave me the tip to soak in water.

Reactions: dee

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Tried to cast some 405grn round nose hollow base bullets with a new Lee mould.
    Attempting to make up some BP .45-70 Gov't loads for the Trapdoor.
    Don't like the mould. Very high cull rate.
    Out of 200 cast bullets, maybe 50 good enough to use.
    Seems like Lee moulds either work fantastically well or not at all. I don't seem to have very good results with aluminum moulds.
    Very probably going to order a steel Lyman mould. Should of done that first anyway.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Tried to cast some 405grn round nose hollow base bullets with a new Lee mould.
    Attempting to make up some BP .45-70 Gov't loads for the Trapdoor.
    Don't like the mould. Very high cull rate.
    Out of 200 cast bullets, maybe 50 good enough to use.
    Seems like Lee moulds either work fantastically well or not at all. I don't seem to have very good results with aluminum moulds.
    Very probably going to order a steel Lyman mould. Should of done that first anyway.

You need to run that sucker HOT.

Top Bottom