• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I kinda wish the makers of Fallout had obtained license to use the names of actual gun companies moving beyond Fallout Tactics. They used to use Glock, Smith & Wesson, HK, and IIRC Sig Sauer as makers of guns in Fallout - then everything just became a Robco product it seems. Sad face.

R91 was / still is my favorite Fallout 3 weapon. Not the highest damage, but I just like the gun. Helps that you can turn in scrap metal and sensor modules for 5.56 ammo to the Outcasts. Almost unlimited ammo.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I kinda wish the makers of Fallout had obtained license to use the names of actual gun companies moving beyond Fallout Tactics. They used to use Glock, Smith & Wesson, HK, and IIRC Sig Sauer as makers of guns in Fallout - then everything just became a Robco product it seems. Sad face.

R91 was / still is my favorite Fallout 3 weapon. Not the highest damage, but I just like the gun. Helps that you can turn in scrap metal and sensor modules for 5.56 ammo to the Outcasts. Almost unlimited ammo.
    You can get Gary's corpse in the outpost bunker in operation anchorage, set it in the simulation pod once it ends, activate him at the right time and put your ammo and guns so you can use them in the regular game. Another trick is to drop and constantly refill your ammo for effectively free ammo. You can do the same with the guns and get all the loadouts.

That plus the ammo mill in the pitt is totally broken

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Looks like a FAL 5.56...

Its based on the HK / Cetme design. Fallout makers went with wood furniture because of the 1950's aesthetic the rest of the game embraces. Takes place in a universe where technological advancement and politics diverged from our universe in the 50's - in that universe, atomic power was the way forward. The design elements of everything pretty much stayed 50's tho - cars, clothing, home goods. Everything outlandish, bold. Computers still using vaccuum tubes, CRTs, tapes instead of discs.

Petroleum gets so scarce that it winds up costing hundreds per gallon. Most cars become powered by small nuclear reactors (makes for great explosions when you shoot them) and a lot of consumer goods are powered by small nuclear batteries. They even pay homage to the Davy Crockett and the original atomic bombs ala the "Fat Man" launcher and in one of the games a "Little Boy" variant - its a man portable shoulder fired nuclear artillery piece.

In that universe, the US annexes Canada and we wind up in a huge war against the Chinese over Alaska (petroleum & proximity to mainland US) - then in 2077 the shady elements within our own govenrment false-flag a nuclear war with the Chinese that obliterates society planet-wide and sets everyone back. There are pockets of civilization and pockets of the old world left - elements of the former US government that try to regain control, while fighting factions of war lords and new nation states that spring up. Most tech is wrecked, cars are useless for the most part. Everyone walks everyhere, except for certain factions that kept working air vehicles.

The guns are great, until Fallout 4 when they introduced a bunch of dogshit pipe weapons and other nonsense. Kind of retarded when it was established in prior games that there are groups that build brand new weapons from old world blueprints. Guns are plentiful in this wasteland. No reason to use the shitty improvised stuff and I found it detracted from gameplay.

Mid Enthusiast

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2022
    Bedford
    I change my answer. I got into this crazy simulation about taking Alaska back from the red Chinese, and i used a dead guy i found to bring back this pristine R91 5.56 assault rifle and a few hundred thousand rounds of ammo View attachment 332962

Thanks Gary! Sorry i killed your clone brothers in that vault. :(
    Pick up your arms, brother. We must take Hoover Dam.

Mid Enthusiast

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2022
    Bedford
    Its based on the HK / Cetme design. Fallout makers went with wood furniture because of the 1950's aesthetic the rest of the game embraces. Takes place in a universe where technological advancement and politics diverged from our universe in the 50's - in that universe, atomic power was the way forward. The design elements of everything pretty much stayed 50's tho - cars, clothing, home goods. Everything outlandish, bold. Computers still using vaccuum tubes, CRTs, tapes instead of discs.

Petroleum gets so scarce that it winds up costing hundreds per gallon. Most cars become powered by small nuclear reactors (makes for great explosions when you shoot them) and a lot of consumer goods are powered by small nuclear batteries. They even pay homage to the Davy Crockett and the original atomic bombs ala the "Fat Man" launcher and in one of the games a "Little Boy" variant - its a man portable shoulder fired nuclear artillery piece.

In that universe, the US annexes Canada and we wind up in a huge war against the Chinese over Alaska (petroleum & proximity to mainland US) - then in 2077 the shady elements within our own govenrment false-flag a nuclear war with the Chinese that obliterates society planet-wide and sets everyone back. There are pockets of civilization and pockets of the old world left - elements of the former US government that try to regain control, while fighting factions of war lords and new nation states that spring up. Most tech is wrecked, cars are useless for the most part. Everyone walks everyhere, except for certain factions that kept working air vehicles.

The guns are great, until Fallout 4 when they introduced a bunch of dogshit pipe weapons and other nonsense. Kind of retarded when it was established in prior games that there are groups that build brand new weapons from old world blueprints. Guns are plentiful in this wasteland. No reason to use the shitty improvised stuff and I found it detracted from gameplay.
    Been thinking about getting a Cetme .308

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm taking as many guns as I can. If I get to a point where I run out of ammo, I want to be able to shoot what I can find.

For gun fighting, my AR15 5.56 and my m10x 7.62x39, since those are liable to be what's being used the most and easier to find ammo for.

Most my other rifles would be for hunting, and my pistols for self defense.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

What, you didn't like getting 61 ghoul slayer .45 pipe revolvers?

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Listen, the legion are too stupid to exist and the NCR is California. Independent or house is the way to go

This is the way.

California still sucks in the post apocalyptic wasteland.

Caesar's legion are a bunch of skirt wearing taint pirates. Even their top tier assassins are crap. The whole thing falls apart once Caesar dies.

I usually go Independent vegas, because even House is a megalomaniac. Screw him and his robot army. Let freedom ring.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    birdman rifle.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Damn!

What happens to the shooter?
    My first safari was my buddies second and he was picking up his first Krieghoff 500 Nitro Express. Knowing he had some bad teeth I sugested he get a mouth guard as a busted tooth might ruin the the trip. So when it was time for his first test fire in went his mouth guard, then he fired his gun barrels seperately. It walked him back a step or two and as he pulled the mouth guard out a nice slobbery bloody trail followed. He was all smiles & blamed the bloody mouth on periodontal disease.

Top Bottom