• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    My first safari was my buddies second and he was picking up his first Krieghoff 500 Nitro Express. Knowing he had some bad teeth I sugested he get a mouth guard as a busted tooth might ruin the the trip. So when it was time for his first test fire in went his mouth guard, then he fired his gun barrels seperately. It walked him back a step or two and as he pulled the mouth guard out a nice slobbery bloody trail followed. He was all smiles & blamed the bloody mouth on periodontal disease.
    Cool story, but what I can't comprehend is how a guy that can afford to go on a safari can't brush his teeth. Was the scent a curse or a blessing? Meaning, did animals smell him from miles away and take a wide berth, or did the smell of death bring in game predators?

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Damn!

What happens to the shooter?

3b78bfa2cc645d4ac5757c0312ed80aa.gif

Probably something like this here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Cool story, but what I can't comprehend is how a guy that can afford to go on a safari can't brush his teeth. Was the scent a curse or a blessing? Meaning, did animals smell him from miles away and take a wide berth, or did the smell of death bring in game predators?
    Some folks really just don't like dentist. Not everyone has a job were health care is available or affordable. I have myself as well as he put our own health on a back burner in favor of our wife's health care.

He married a girl from Wales UK. Talk about bad teeth. He noticed how self confident she was about her teeth and spent crazy money.

The safari thing was brought on by his dad who was a millionaire. He choose not to be like his father and work in the company because he wanted to do it on his own. I remember his dad say he never filled out a job application.

Her last dental mess was when the studs holding her implants started failing. IIRC they cut her roof of her mouth free & moved it up to fid better place to find for the studs. all said and done I bet his wife has had over $400K in dental work.

Now he has the money to get his all fixed I doubt he will. I know he is missing a lot of teeth & chewing a steak aint easy for him.

Yohan10mm

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2022
    Austin
    You have powder, anything you can put down the muzzle becomes a weapon. For long long range I have a mosin nagant.

Attachments

• E63422ED-B05B-4DFF-8D6B-4404B8070280.jpeg
      E63422ED-B05B-4DFF-8D6B-4404B8070280.jpeg
      68.8 KB · Views: 61

DFW1776

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2021
    Fort Worth
    AR-15 .... like a 5.56 DD or something pretty common but good barrel and reliability. I'd reco 14.5" P&W barrel with a suppressor. Or an 11.5 suppressed but you get into more NFA hassle going shorter (pre-SHTF hassle....)

Reactions: gll

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    View attachment 332040

Standard issue Starfleet type 3 phaser rifle. Comes with multiple power settings - you can warm up toast, or vaporize your target, or anything in between. No recoil, optical sight that includes targetting computer that will analyze in real time the environmental variables, distance to target, and provide the user with the correct firing solution.

Need to hunt for survival? Kill *and cook* your game at the same time with this baby.

Pinned down by enemy fire? Take away their cover and probably take them out in the process with a max power shot.

Need to capture an opponent alive? Stun their ass and send them to nappy times, so you can secure them without resistance.

Find yourself in a cave and in need to warm up, maybe dry out some wet clothing? no problemo! Just warm up a nice stack of rocks, so you don't need to build an oxygen-sucking fire, or give away your position with smoke.

About the only thing you'll really have a problem with are the Borg, since they have adapative shields. You only get a few shots before they adapt, then you better be able to change pulse frequencies or outrun them, else you become one with the Collective.

baQa'! yIntagh jang 'e' yIHarQo'! SuvwI'pu' maH!
    5lQA09l.jpg

qaStaHvIS veSmeywIj.
    GFAHqIN.jpg

7HPbvoy.jpg

HPFlashman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2020
    Northwest Florida
    If I had to hunker down I'd keep my WASR-10 handy. If I had to bug out, it'd be either the 10/22 or Keltec CMR30. At my age and physicality, no one wants me in their militia. I'd want to travel light and only engage feral Road Warriors if I am cornered.

GregoryRomeu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Presidio, TX
    What rifle do you think would serve best if things continue to get worse/more destabilized. Take into account ammo, accessibility to extra parts, carrying weight, and performance.
    Standard AR-15 Rifle, 1911A1 Pistol, Glock .45 0r .40, Standard 12 GA Shotgun, preferably pump with extended magazine (Tube), AR-10 or Remmington 700 type rifle in .308, possibly 6.8 Remmington SPC, AK-47. Basically ANY NATO caliber / style rifle, pistol that the military is using for interchangeability and endurance. Your AK variants and the 1911A1 or Glock is pretty well fail proof in any combat condition. The rest you need to keep cleaner and maintain much more. See whatever the Marines are using and follow suit. They always have to do everything with nothing for a budget and are STILL the world's most feared ground force.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Standard AR-15 Rifle, 1911A1 Pistol, Glock .45 0r .40, Standard 12 GA Shotgun, preferably pump with extended magazine (Tube), AR-10 or Remmington 700 type rifle in .308, possibly 6.8 Remmington SPC, AK-47. Basically ANY NATO caliber / style rifle, pistol that the military is using for interchangeability and endurance. Your AK variants and the 1911A1 or Glock is pretty well fail proof in any combat condition. The rest you need to keep cleaner and maintain much more. See whatever the Marines are using and follow suit. They always have to do everything with nothing for a budget and are STILL the world's most feared ground force.
    Welcome to the Forum!

Outrider

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2022
    Elmo, Texas
    The go to would be the AR-15 in 5.56 NATO, but the back ups are 16" AR in .224 Valkyrie and a 16" in .22 magnum. I would never have just one.

GregoryRomeu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Presidio, TX
    Welcome to the Forum!
    You have to be constantly reminded about getting AMMO and Interchangeable PARTS while on the run. You drop your threat, you should be able to grab whatever they dropped and the ammo and / or parts should fall right into line with what you are using or what you are going to start using to defend your position, operation and / or mission.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    You have to be constantly reminded about getting AMMO and Interchangeable PARTS while on the run. You drop your threat, you should be able to grab whatever they dropped and the ammo and / or parts should fall right into line with what you are using or what you are going to start using to defend your position, operation and / or mission.

Um, okay....

Top Bottom