• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    So, you buy someone a car and they use it to rob a bank, are you liable for that?

No, you're not, and the same goes with a firearm.

You're also a "bill of sale" guy, aren't you?
    You know that is apples and oranges. Far more people die from automobiles then firearms, yet you don't have people everyday talking about automobile control.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    De law is de law-and the Federal firearms laws can cost us our gun rights if we don't carefully follow them. I've never seen a person rob a bank with a car, but if I loan my car to someone and they run over a kid, I have some liability there...but I don't lose my right to drive forever.

More to consider if you wish: http://www.nssfblog.com/giving-a-firearm-as-a-gift-some-reminders-from-nssf/

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Not to mention the fact that cars are registered to the owner, I wouldn't register my name on a car I bought for a gift for someone else. Firearms are not registered in the state of Texas.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    You know that is apples and oranges. Far more people die from automobiles then firearms, yet you don't have people everyday talking about automobile control.

No, it is an exact analogy. You are not responsible for the acts of others no more than you would be if you sold them a vehicle that was latter illegally used. Once it is in their possession you are no longer liable for anything they do with it after that point.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Not to mention the fact that cars are registered to the owner, I wouldn't register my name on a car I bought for a gift for someone else. Firearms are not registered in the state of Texas.

Again, no difference. Ownership has been transferred and registration or not, the item no longer belongs to the original possessor so they have no liability for it.

But I'll make it easy for you, show me one instance in Texas where a person who legally transferred a firearm to another individual was later held accountable for what the second person did with it! Just one. I'll wait...

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Does this make 563 or 564 threads the :deadhorse: has taken a beating in? I've lost count. :facepalm:

I am seriously interested as well, but I can't find a single review of it (it only came out a few weeks ago). An AR in 7.62x39 is a serious contender in my book! :loaded:
    I'm interested too but my yahoo-fu didn't find any reviews either.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Been said before, but an AR build kit would not be a bad idea. It would be something the two of you could do together slowly and isn't that hard. There are plenty of videos on youtube to show you how. The few tools you can't do without can be bought as you need them or probably easily borrowed. Plus the pride in it when you both get to shoot it.

Ruger 10/22 is another good choice. Fairly inexpensive to buy, versatile, accessories are plentiful and it is easily modified or customized if he choses to. And really cheap to shoot. Which sounds like a big plus right now.
    Another thing to consider. .22LR ammo is much cheaper than anything else and the same skills needed for a larger caliber rifle can be practiced with a .22.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Amy, I hate surprises! Over the years, I always ASKED my S.O. what they wanted. Some of them have complained that it ruins the "surprise." I think that getting something that you really want should make up for that.

Answer......ASK him!

Flash

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Amy, I hate surprises! Over the years, I always ASKED my S.O. what they wanted. Some of them have complained that it ruins the "surprise." I think that getting something that you really want should make up for that.

Answer......ASK him!

Flash

Great minds think alike...

Top Bottom