• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Fried pork chops.

The GF bought some stuff from ALDI. Bottle title is 'Specially Selected...Glaze with balsamic vinegar of modena'. Whatever the hell it is, it's got a sweet flavor. Smeared the pork chops with it and sprinkled some Zatarain Cajun seasoning on top. Ill pan fry them.

Sides are Mac&cheese, broccoli. Going fancy. The Mac&cheese is Cracker Barrel brand. That means it's twice the price same flavor but we won't go into that...
    Target Sports

Last edited:

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Fried pork chops..

Fried some loin chops 2 night ago. Seasoned, floured, egg-washed, then flour again. Fry 4 minutes each side in canola in cast iron skillet. Then dipped in glaze made of honey, soy, ginger, garlic, green onion, red bell pepper, cayenne, black pepper. Garnished with green onion and red bell pepper. Served next to mashed potatoes and green peas (petit pois).
    Damn good stuff.

DallasJoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2016
    We get these pre packaged meals from a company called Freshly. $12.50 each delivered. Wife had Meatloaf and I had Turkey & Stuffing tonight. Cheesecake for desert!

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Grilled to perfection ground beef topped with lettuce, tomato, onions. Added a slice of cheese to kick it up a notch. Side of golden fried taters. Washed it down with a fine American spirit.

Who am I kidding?

It was a Sonic cheeseburger with tots and Diet Dr. Pepper.

CaliberUnknown

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2017
    Westside of Ft. Worth
    Not exactly dinner tonight, but I've had a pork butt brining since Tuesday before last. I'll smoke Tuesday, ( hopefully keeping it pretty cool) for some homemade ham.

I had lobster patties and a crab cake for supper. Gonna make cactus today.

Almost forgot....got a turkey on the front porch thawing out in an ice chest. Gonna brine it a little and smoke it with the ham. Got some more pork and chicken in the fridge thats been brining a couple of days, need to cook it pretty soon.

Last edited:

CaliberUnknown

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2017
    Westside of Ft. Worth
    Grilled fish with fresh green beans and rice.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Mmmm....seafood. Just a couple of things: #1; Swai or basa fillets ( Vietnamese catfish) is the best thing you can get without a fishing pole.

#2 : Texas gulf BROWN shrimp are the bomb. Try them once, and you'll never want white shrimp again.

#3: Jerri's oysters. 'nuff said.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    NY strip.

I cut the steak. Soak in A1 and some garlic powder.

The women. (GF has her daughter down from Denton). Microwaved some potatoes to cut the cooking time. I grill them as usual, just not as long on the fire.

They got some broccoli and cheese going on. Women can dress a potato, that's for sure.

I had the meat covered. 4 mins each side. The rest is up to them. Symbolic dinner going on.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Grilled in a pan chicken quarters. With a theme on tomatoes and onions. Jalapeno.

Served with Asian rice. Ill figure out a third dish. It'll be vegetables of some type.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Last night: made from scratch sloppy joes and baked russet "French fries."
    Tonight: self-caught largemouth bass and onion rings deep fried.
    Tomorrow: salad...and a brisk 3-mile walk and 18 holes of golf on foot to walk all that shit off. Lol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Pressure cooked roast. It's been soaking in beef broth since frozen.

Diced onion, potato, and mushroom. The non-magical kind. Sliced carrots. Got some onion, garlic, and cumin powder going. Salt and lots of pepper.

I'm not looking up the cooking time. My guesstimate is 20mins in the pressure cooker. So I'm either getting a decent roast or a badass beef soup.

*Browned the roast good in some sunflower oil. Bottom of the cooker. Then added the liquid and stuff.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Loaded up the Puck oven with 12 pork ribs.
    Set'em on a bed of cauliflower, mushrooms and broccoli.
    And, I'm a sucker for Delmonte's canned new potatoes. (Yep, go figure ...I'm one of those who traded UP to C ration scrambled eggs)
    Threw'em in with asparagus and oil and vinegar in the CopperChef pot.
    Only take 30 minutes ... can't wait.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Loaded up the Puck oven with 12 pork ribs.
    Set'em on a bed of cauliflower, mushrooms and broccoli.
    And, I'm a sucker for Delmonte's canned new potatoes. (Yep, go figure ...I'm one of those who traded UP to C ration scrambled eggs)
    Threw'em in with asparagus and oil and vinegar in the CopperChef pot.
    Only take 30 minutes ... can't wait.

Karl, watch out with your meal descriptions or you might have uninvited guests. I live about 15 mins away.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Supper tonight is my own version of chicken fried rice, accompanied by leftover Peking Duck from last night's dinner at Peking Cuisine Restaurant.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Since its raining, I'm not grilling.

Gotta hook it up inside.

Boneless beef ribs from ALDI. Rinsed off then rubbed down with a mix of Fiesta brand Rib Rub and Fiesta brand Cinnamon. The ribs were browned in some oil after that.

Glass pan, oven on 450. Sweet baby Rays bbq sauce. Lime juice, onion flakes and powder. Garlic powder. Miller lite beer. One whole jalapeno. Foiled covered with a vent.

Ill give it 45mins to an hour. Temp reduced to 425.

Top Bottom