• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    My turn to cook tonight...

Beef Stew

The GF bought a pound of NY strip. Two meals for two people. The first half pound was fried medium rare with some mushrooms.

The second half was cubed and browned in sunflower oil. Yellow onion, smashed garlic, sliced yellow squash, russet potatoes, celery, carrot slices, three sliced roman(?) Tomatoes. One whole jalapeno.

Cumin, parsley, Basil, onion and garlic powder. Cap full of lemon juice. Salt and lots of pepper. Beef broth for juice.

Jalapeno sharp cheddar corn bread for the side.
    Military Camp

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Meatloaf with 50/50 'sweet' Italian pork sausage and grass-fed beef. Added the usual seasonings and celery and busted up Wheat Club Crackers as the bread crumbs; but decided to try a half-cup of mild salsa. Cooked in the pressure cooker over russet potatoes and organic carrots with chicken broth as the base liquid. Not too bad, if I do say so myself. Extra mixed veggies on the side. The organic carrots were so sweet, they almost tasted like sweet potatoes...didn't even need butter(!!!) on the carrots and potatoes with the meat juices adding so much flavor. Gonna finish off the leftover potatoes and carrots by cooking them in the pressure cooker with some of the de-fatted meat juices...actually very little fat since I didn't add any and the beef was grass-fed and super lean.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Early dinner.

MRE Menu #10. Chili and Macaroni. Came with the Damn cheese spread but I got a vanilla pound cake. Super score, it has a package of skittles.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Chili and cornbread. I'm a Yankee so there's beans in it.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

What kinda beans? If it's white chili stuff. With the white beans. Taste like bland bean dip. That's Yankee. No harm in some pinto or red kidney beans. That's legal. It's those white beans that don't count.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Chili and cornbread. I'm a Yankee so there's beans in it.

What kinda beans? If it's white chili stuff. With the white beans. Taste like bland bean dip. That's Yankee. No harm in some pinto or red kidney beans. That's legal. It's those white beans that don't count.

Beans in cornbread??? Y'all are messin' with us, yeah? Beans in cornbread, why I oughta....!!!

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Dark red kidney.

The rest is onions, green peppers, jalapeños, stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, mustard, hot sauce, salt, chili powder, garlic, oregano, paprika, cumin, vinegar, sweet Italian sausage, and coarse ground Angus. Let all that simmer up. Put it in a bowl and break sweet cornbread crumbles over it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Out in west Texas. A bowl of 'chili' is a bowl of tomato hot sauce. The same stuff that comes with chips around central Texas. Pass the chili type deal. I never knew what they called Chili-Chili. Never found anywhere that sold it. It was always menudo as the most popular ethnic dish.

No bbq or traditional chili. Gallons of menudo.

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Out in west Texas. A bowl of 'chili' is a bowl of tomato hot sauce. The same stuff that comes with chips around central Texas. Pass the chili type deal. I never knew what they called Chili-Chili. Never found anywhere that sold it. It was always menudo as the most popular ethnic dish.

No bbq or traditional chili. Gallons of menudo.

"Green" chili ... had it once a couple of years back, at a 4th July gathering.
    Never heard of it until then, served as a dish, not a dip, not all that spicy, but tangy.
    Loved it, but have never seen it again.
    Guy said it took him all day to make it..

Know anything about it, ingredients, etc?

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    "Green" chili ... had it once a couple of years back, at a 4th July gathering.
    Never heard of it until then, served as a dish, not a dip, not all that spicy, but tangy.
    Loved it, but have never seen it again.
    Guy said it took him all day to make it..

Know anything about it, ingredients, etc?

No idea what you ate. Green chili to me is a hatch green chili. They make all sorts of soups and stews with it and add beef or chicken, corn, beans and potatoes plus a lot of other stuff. It's all good but everyone makes it differently. Then again regular chili is the same way.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Miller Lite and pretzels...until the charcoal is ready.

NY strip, whole potatoes, whole corn with the shuck. Both soaked in water. The corn, Ill throw on like it is. The potatoes, Ill put them in cake pan. Little bit of oil and French fry seasoning.

Once those two are done. The steak go's on. 3-4 mins each side. I want mine rare. The gf likes her medium rare.

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Batchin' it in Arkansas.
    Salad and shrimp etoufee.
    Looks good, but too far from the Gulf for good tasting shrimp.
    May be better tomorrow:

spvkgn.jpg

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Made whole wheat shrimp Alfredo linguini, 5 cheese texas toast and a mixed greens salad with tomatoes, sunflower seeds and blue cheese crumbles

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Easter Ham

HEB spiral cut ham in a turkey baking pan. Dr Pepper for juice. Set on a cookie pan to keep it from getting too hot. Smoked on the grill for an hour. Then the glaze that came with it.

Corn, dressing, and green bean salad.

Brownies for desert. Coors Light in between it all.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    HEB has the Smithfield 'natural' bone-in pork shoulder for $1 a pound starting today. Got the next to the last one at our local store. About 1/4 went into pressure cooker for quick dinner...veggies and rice cooked separately. Rest of the shoulder went into the pressure cooker tonight and will be "warmed" all night. Sweet sauce for me...couple minutes under the broiler and I'm good!!!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom