• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    i like dpms, delton , and bushmaster i have had all those brands and i have built about 100 for my brother who is a dealer and they are good guns. the colts are nice but they are more ammo sensitive than the others. any of them can be made to shoot and function well. it's all in the price and like the others have said leave all the cheesey ass tactical crap alone.
    ARJ Defense ad

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    they will have cycling issues with some brands of ammo that other guns don't. it's one reason why most of the local leo agencies around here have gotten away from the colts.

gln305

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Lakehills, TX
    Thanks for all the info, looks like I have some good advice to work from and plan to ask around local stores and see who has what in stock and compare relative prices. The Colt sounds like a sure winner followed by the RRA and S&W rifles. I guess it will all come down to availability and my needs versus the cost. Cabelas in my experience has been slightly higher than some and lower that others, but I have had great advice and direction from the people there whenever I have asked. My only reason for focusing on Cabelas is I have a Cabela's club card and I accumulate points when I make purchases and with weapons purchases, the points add up fast. I am going to swing by Heritage FIrearms tomorrow and see what they have in stock as well as Academy and then maybe I can hit GT Distributing this weekend.

As for the tactical ""crap", that's purely opinion and I want certain things on my rifle and would not belittle anyone here if they wanted to hang all kinds of things off theirs. In my mind, if you need to use the weapon for a critical situations, you can turn some screws and be rid of it anyway. Currently most shooting is done purely for pleasure or hunting and even then the items on the rail can easily be removed. If no on bought more than they needed, we would all be driving Ford Fiestas, would only have subcompact handguns for self defense and a simple, accurate rifle for hunting. Even owning an AR-15 is for pure pleasure anyway LOL.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    yep -outfit your gun the way YOU like it - who gives a rip what some anonymous dude on the internet thinks

its your gun - trick it out if you want

i have the eotech HWS and 3x magnifier on mine - its a lot of fun to shoot!

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Thanks for all the info, looks like I have some good advice to work from and plan to ask around local stores and see who has what in stock and compare relative prices. The Colt sounds like a sure winner followed by the RRA and S&W rifles. I guess it will all come down to availability and my needs versus the cost. Cabelas in my experience has been slightly higher than some and lower that others, but I have had great advice and direction from the people there whenever I have asked. My only reason for focusing on Cabelas is I have a Cabela's club card and I accumulate points when I make purchases and with weapons purchases, the points add up fast. I am going to swing by Heritage FIrearms tomorrow and see what they have in stock as well as Academy and then maybe I can hit GT Distributing this weekend.

As for the tactical ""crap", that's purely opinion and I want certain things on my rifle and would not belittle anyone here if they wanted to hang all kinds of things off theirs. In my mind, if you need to use the weapon for a critical situations, you can turn some screws and be rid of it anyway. Currently most shooting is done purely for pleasure or hunting and even then the items on the rail can easily be removed. If no on bought more than they needed, we would all be driving Ford Fiestas, would only have subcompact handguns for self defense and a simple, accurate rifle for hunting. Even owning an AR-15 is for pure pleasure anyway LOL.

GT is far superior to any other gun store in the area. They are open Sat until 2 and closed Sun.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    They are idiots. Sold friend 38 Super ammo when she bought a 38 Special S&W. Then of course would not take it back. Probably overpriced too.

That is a pretty big F up. I hate no return policies on ammo but everyone has them. I've got a shit ton of ammo that I've bought by mistake (guns I don't own anymore, me just being the dummy I am etc...). I just figure I'll keep it until I get something that will use it.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    yep -outfit your gun the way YOU like it - who gives a rip what some anonymous dude on the internet thinks

its your gun - trick it out if you want

i have the eotech HWS and 3x magnifier on mine - its a lot of fun to shoot!

+1 I have the eotech/magnifier combo on one of mine and really like it, has come into play in some late night hog getting.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Wonder who will come out with a decent 4x for cheap. I know the acog as I already have one, but it would be cool to have a cheaper option. I like the magnified eotechs. It would be cool to have a self contained 4x holo in a small package.

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    Get a Colt and be done with it. You will have one of the best rifles available and it will last you a long time.

I have learned through owning several ARs not to jump right off and hang a bunch of junk off of it, I usually end up taking it all back off anyway. Just makes the gun too heavy and bulky.

This is what my Colt looked like when I got it

6795ae32.gif

After a few adjustments, it looked like this

702b690f.gif

After about a year of shooting the hell out of it, this is what it looks like now

7955c1ec.gif

I have quick release mounts for the Eotech, Vortex scope and bipod. The bipod rarely goes on it and most of the time the Eotech is what sits on top.

I don't know where people come up with crap like Colts won't eat some ammo, I have shot every kind of crap imaginable through mine and it just keeps on eating the stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    What I dont get is why people pay so much money for a Colt or any other 1000+ gun then tear it all apart and replace damn near everything. Ive got 807 into mine and its got everything I wanted minus an AFG. Seems retarded to me to spend a bunch of money on a gun only to replace a good portion of it. There isnt any difference in quality between my PSA chrome lined M4 upper and the guns that are 1000+ that a lot of people seem to push. Just my opinion after shooting a few "off-the-shelf" guns that cost hundreds more than mine.

Top Bottom